User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

One of my thought loops is thinking negatively —> knowing that positive happy thinking is good to combat stress (basically English’s whole belief) —> feel like I’m setting myself back by thinking like such —> feel like I’m going nowhere cause I can’t relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate this happened to you man, that's unfortunate.

I will say that I am surprised however. I live a pretty stressful life, and did during recovery.....spend 50-60% of the time on the road for work, plus I work in a pretty demanding field (tech consulting), and I never seemed to have the issue with stress affecting me too much. I mean I'm not superhuman, it definitely affects me, but it hasn't cause me to have any issues come back from PFS, nor did it keep me from recovering. I did however utilize breathing exercises, holosync, and keeping as best mindset as I could.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

I believe it’s just a regular downswing Maxout.

I understand that the first 6 months of this thing for most people things swing pretty drastically. I was here before around mid to late July, then the first two weeks of August things were better than they ever had been.

It looks like I’ll get to a better baseline soon. It has to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, if you don't have mental sides with your neurosteroids all fked up, 2 of the best things you can do are

1) observing your emotions and thoughts without ANY THOUGHT AND JUDGEMENT
    2) Meditation

number 1 is hard but the most life changing thing you will ever do. will get rid of your anxiety and bring about emotional intelligence to manage your emotion cycles as well as more

seriously, its the best thing you will ever do for yourself. try to build up to where you can observe something without thought and judgement. it can be looking at a tree without thinking "oh its got green leaves" or "is this even working? man that lakehouse guy is a real phagg8", etc.

then next time you get angry, place your thoughtless observation on your emotions, until you get to the very root of them, until you get the truth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Journalling and Mindfulness as well are great. Saved me as a kid and mid 20's. Takes a lot of practice (I need to keep it up). Writing is natural to me (although it's a different style everyday...), but meditation I need to do at least 21 days straight to strengthen reinforcement (of the habit and effects). It pulled me out of a major depression at 22, that and running and quitting alcohol (from what I recall).

In a sense: No emotions are real (wrote this on H/S):
    "IT gets better. Even in a living hell. When your mind is trying to kill you, those thoughts aren't "real". No emotions are, at their core. For now, just work on getting better. AND: later, acknowledge a feeling as a signal/alert... and react to it later (like anger, depression, anxiety). IN the end, reality can change completely. For the worse as it did to many here, myself included. But also for the better."

Also: writing down 3 positive things (things that happened in the world or around you, per day). Can help.
    Positive Affirmations.

Lots of life is filled with bs, so you gotta smile at the little things and take your joys where you can.
    If I had no routine, I'd be extremely screwed up.

Also, people around me/family, etc... just channeled whatever into workaholism (also somewhat bad), but that attitude helped me a lot with PSSD, Untreated Mania and Hyperactivity, Substance Abuse, PFS, School, Work, etc.
    Last edited by CSM25; 08-21-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Ceremonious. It isn't always just PFS=stress. In short, imagine having one or two other syndromes/diseases/alongside it (and other things you barely think about bc in comparison they are a joke). SO Severe Issue 1 + 2 and now 3... they can interplay. But getting back to health allows you to conquer PFS, and other issues with better health again. And the experience may allow you to make better decisions (mostly talking about myself here). Not all neurochem depressions/etc., have a common singular cause. If they did, SSRI's and SNRI's would A. Work, and B. Work for everyone. I don't want to complicate things for others, peace out. Good day.

-i just wrote this 6 dif ways, all completely different due to cognition/exec fn issues. WHICH did not appear during crash or severe depression mode of PFS, bc, of enzyme inhibition (and like a ton of other things). Since nearly all back, huge issue there. But it'll be aite.
    Last edited by CSM25; 08-23-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I hate this happened to you man, that's unfortunate.

I will say that I am surprised however. I live a pretty stressful life, and did during recovery.....spend 50-60% of the time on the road for work, plus I work in a pretty demanding field (tech consulting), and I never seemed to have the issue with stress affecting me too much. I mean I'm not superhuman, it definitely affects me, but it hasn't cause me to have any issues come back from PFS, nor did it keep me from recovering. I did however utilize breathing exercises, holosync, and keeping as best mindset as I could.
    Thanks Maxout. I'm all good...About a week after pulling my shit back together and I am already back in business (other than a slight digestive issue). I just wanted to remind/caution others about the importance of managing their stress. I am no stranger to stress (business owner, single father, perfectionist...worst of all , etc.). I have learned through this process to manage it well (especially as it relates to this shit) to reach the level of recovery I had. This was an extreme, acute situation and I just don't think my foundation was stable enough yet to handle a constant flow of cortisol for a week. I was foolish to let myself run unchecked for that long...it definitely won't happen again.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a bit since I checked in. As an update to my original post, it took me about a week after getting my stress levels back in check to get back to my previous baseline. The only changes I made during that time were to take a week off lifting, switch to decaf coffee and change up my herbal rotation to: early morning - pine pollen, tongkat & mucuna (really like this one Jacknap...thanks for the tip), late morning - rhodiola, eleuthero, schisandra & cordyceps, before bed - ashwagandha. After a couple days, was sleeping mostly thru the night. After a couple more, was sleeping like a rock. By the end of the week, was sleeping like a rock and waking up every morning with a total rager (not too bad for an old man ). Back on the old routine since and all is gucci again.

Take away: Whether it's the primary cause or just a major contributor, avoid/manage stress boys...it's a fucking ass biter.
    Never lose your sense of humor

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    It's been a bit since I checked in. As an update to my original post, it took me about a week after getting my stress levels back in check to get back to my previous baseline. The only changes I made during that time were to take a week off lifting, switch to decaf coffee and change up my herbal rotation to: early morning - pine pollen, tongkat & mucuna (really like this one Jacknap...thanks for the tip), late morning - rhodiola, eleuthero, schisandra & cordyceps, before bed - ashwagandha. After a couple days, was sleeping mostly thru the night. After a couple more, was sleeping like a rock. By the end of the week, was sleeping like a rock and waking up every morning with a total rager (not too bad for an old man ). Back on the old routine since and all is gucci again.

Take away: Whether it's the primary cause or just a major contributor, avoid/manage stress boys...it's a fucking ass biter.
    lol thanks for reminding me of that combo. I only used it a couple times but I found it worked really well. for some reason I didn't keep doing it.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Breathing exercises, cold exposure, yoga, strong sunlight.

You also live in new york though? EMF's might be problematic for you
    For EMF's, grab yourself a Q-link pendant. I've had one for about a decade now, and I thought about putting it on my site, but haven't yet. They work. In short, it is a little pendant that you wear on a necklace and it sits against your chest. It strengthens your bodies biosphere through a process called sympathetic resonance. This essentially will nullify a good chunk of any EMF negativity you may be having.

I throw mine on when I'm going to be sitting at the computer for long stretches.

This may be the first time it's actually come up, so I don't think it was ever discussed before here.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"