User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin D3 Toxicity

Hey you all, just a quick question. The protocol mentions that you should take 10,000 iu/day of vitamin d3, but the safe limit is 4,000 iu/day. I've been taking 10,000/day but I'm concerned about long term effects like hypercalcemia and kidney damage. @cdnuts what are your thoughts since you sometimes supplement with 20,000 or 30,000 iu daily? Anyone else feeling the same way?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsrecoverfull View Post
    Hey you all, just a quick question. The protocol mentions that you should take 10,000 iu/day of vitamin d3, but the safe limit is 4,000 iu/day. I've been taking 10,000/day but I'm concerned about long term effects like hypercalcemia and kidney damage. @cdnuts what are your thoughts since you sometimes supplement with 20,000 or 30,000 iu daily? Anyone else feeling the same way?
    In the beginning, 10,000 iu daily is fine as most men are completely depleted at this point. As you go along in your journey, you can lower that to 10k iu a few times a week. If you're really concerned you can always get your levels tested, but imo, it's un-necessary. My thoughts are, well, seeing as I've supplemented with well over what they say is "safe" it's not an issue.

Think of the source. Who is saying what the "safe" level is? The same people who say fin is safe to take, or that artificial sweetener is okay? I could go on and on, but you get the point.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    In the beginning, 10,000 iu daily is fine as most men are completely depleted at this point. As you go along in your journey, you can lower that to 10k iu a few times a week. If you're really concerned you can always get your levels tested, but imo, it's un-necessary. My thoughts are, well, seeing as I've supplemented with well over what they say is "safe" it's not an issue.

Think of the source. Who is saying what the "safe" level is? The same people who say fin is safe to take, or that artificial sweetener is okay? I could go on and on, but you get the point.
    Thanks for your response CD, I actually have been taking 10k iu per day, I had a kidney stone scare (at 23) in March and I've read some studies that vitamin D can lead to hypercalcemia which leads to kidney stones. A lot of people supplement vitamin D3 with K2 to direct the increased calcium to bones. Maybe it's worth putting into the protocol? I'm not you, so don't take it the wrong way, perhaps a suggestion if you think it fits!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsrecoverfull View Post
    Thanks for your response CD, I actually have been taking 10k iu per day, I had a kidney stone scare (at 23) in March and I've read some studies that vitamin D can lead to hypercalcemia which leads to kidney stones. A lot of people supplement vitamin D3 with K2 to direct the increased calcium to bones. Maybe it's worth putting into the protocol? I'm not you, so don't take it the wrong way, perhaps a suggestion if you think it fits!
    No offense taken, believe me. I've had to develop a pretty thick skin over the past decade or so doing this.

If you're doing everything else that is outlined in the protocol, you should reach a balance where you won't have too much of anyone thing to cause these types of issues. This is why it's SO important to make sure you're staying true to the regimen.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the wisdom CD.