User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residual PFS-Like Symptoms

Hey everyone. I'm new to the SwoleSource. I came here based on Maxout777's post on his recovery from saw palmetto on Reddit. I will give a history of my usage.

On February 5th, 2017, (I was 19) I started taking Hr23+, which has a dosage of 500 mg saw palmetto and other 5AR inhibitors.

I discountinued on February 24th, 2017 after noticing my testicles were shrunken and I had some slight breast pain. During the time I had sky high libido, great energy and I was socially interacting with everyone (naturally I'm an extremely social person but this was absolutely crazy social). I had a panic attack after noticing the testicles.

The next day, I woke up with full blown chronic fatigue. My tear ducts were dry and the feeling didn't subside even when I put water on my face. My appetite was shot, I couldn't concentrate, I felt like an asexual zombie. My semen was watery. I literally wanted to stay in my room. At university I literally couldn't stay for more than 3 hours cause I felt like I was going to fall asleep. I was so tired but I couldn't fall asleep. I had tinnitus, low libido, emotionally passive, apathetic and lethargic. I didn't have erectile dysfunction and my insomnia was not horrible. I could get around 3-4 hours of deep sleep a night. This was the worst period of my life and I kept faith in God which kept me moving forward. I also discountinued carbs and dairy and went for non processed foods. Over a month, most of the physical symptoms left (the lows got less bad and the highs got better). I took 2 steps forward and one step backwards. It was the hardest period of my life and I tried so hard just to not kill myself. I did not have brain fog however (I'm an engineering student and my grades were great).

After about a month, in April I suffered primarily from emotional sides like depression, but in a month that eventually went away. On May 9 2017 (I was 20), I mostly recovered. The only lingering sides were tinnitus for 2-3 seconds (mild) every 2 weeks in my left ear, a slight penile pain once a week or two and sleep. With my sleep, I can fall asleep but 1-2 hours before I intend to wake up, my sleep becomes light and I do a lot of going in and out of sleep during this time (along with a lot of tossing and turning).

Now for this year. In February 2018, I ate KFC and for some reason, idk why, it caused a lot of penile and testicular pain and my dick immediately became limp and I had watery semen. My penile sensitivity immediately decreased. My libido decreased. I started getting PFS like symptoms like irregular sleep (falling asleep super late cause I couldn't fall asleep). I became apathetic and lethargic around May and a solid chunk of June 2018. I did recover a lot of my libido and sensitivity but my dick still has some problems with staying hard while jerking off. My main problems really are being apathetic and lethargic. I really want to have the energy and zest for life that I used to have and will do anything to get it back. I'm considering doing CD's protocols, but I'm wondering if I need to cycle herbs since my case is not as bad as most users here. I figured I'd do one week juice fast, keto diet and workout. Let me know guys and thanks for reading my story. Really appreciate it and love the positivity of this community.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man,

Suggest you just do the full protocol for a six month time period and see where you're at. That should be all you need given you have relatively low symptom quality and count.

Hang in there man. Also, sorry if you reached out to me on Reddit.....I never check inbox on there anymore. Glad you found your way here.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agreed. Esp at such a young age. I recovered from PSSD at a slightly older age (had it maybe 21.5-23), with Fasted Training, Nofap, Near zero substances at times, and I guess time, and clean eating (5-8 foods, intermittent fasting, carb backloading, fasted training). It was way better near 23, and cured second half of 23 for sure. (I had temperature and pressure insensitivity, i.e. not feeling cold and heat there). If I had a protocol back then... that would have gotten rid of anxiety easier. I had major psychological sides (neurochemical caused, i.e. physical in nature). --Labotomy feeling, depersonalization, vision etc... --> I beat it, zero help. So, you can with help especially. (Note: Talking about PSSD from a short term use of an SNRI).
    I have confounding factors (that worsened those sides). I.e. depression was way longer than 2months.
    Last edited by CSM25; 09-10-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Hey man,

Suggest you just do the full protocol for a six month time period and see where you're at. That should be all you need given you have relatively low symptom quality and count.

Hang in there man. Also, sorry if you reached out to me on Reddit.....I never check inbox on there anymore. Glad you found your way here.
    thats cuz reddit is for qwear fegs. Real men browse 4chan for their mindless entertainment lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm new to this site as well, and only started the protocol in April.That being said, I'm much better off because of it. My symptoms have become significantly less severe since April, and I'm hopeful I'll be posting in the recovery section sooner rather than later. I'd recommend doing it, for sure. Welcome, and keep us posted on your progress.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Hey man,

Thanks for the response! You are my inspiration. To everyone else who's replied on this thread. I really appreciate your responses. It is so encouraging to see your stories and realize that recovery is within arm's reach. I checked out the TMO website and was wondering....do taking the herbs crash you? When I took saw palmetto, I felt the symptoms of high T, but that was only bc 5AR activity was reduced, making T higher. I am concerned that taking the herbs will cause me to crash again. Will any of the supplements cause me crash? After a few bad experiences, I'm pretty afraid of crashing when I intake something unfamiliar to my body. Thanks for reading!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsrecoverfull View Post
    Thanks for the response! You are my inspiration. To everyone else who's replied on this thread. I really appreciate your responses. It is so encouraging to see your stories and realize that recovery is within arm's reach. I checked out the TMO website and was wondering....do taking the herbs crash you? When I took saw palmetto, I felt the symptoms of high T, but that was only bc 5AR activity was reduced, making T higher. I am concerned that taking the herbs will cause me to crash again. Will any of the supplements cause me crash? After a few bad experiences, I'm pretty afraid of crashing when I intake something unfamiliar to my body. Thanks for reading!
    You won't crash off taking the supplements listed on the site or suggested for the protocol. If you do indeed get a bad response from any of them, you can always just bin that particular one. Keep in mind that sometimes your body will feel worse before it feels better.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsrecoverfull View Post
    The entire protocol was designed and tweaked over years of experimentation on not only myself, but many others. Follow the protocol exactly as outlined and you will get yourself on the road to recovery.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The entire protocol was designed and tweaked over years of experimentation on not only myself, but many others. Follow the protocol exactly as outlined and you will get yourself on the road to recovery.
    CD essentially

CD 'follow the protocol'

'Some User - 'I have X symptom what should I do?'

CD 'follow the protocol, did you read my website about the protocol?'

Some User - 'I'm not sure if I will recover'

CD 'You will recover if you follow the protocol.'

Some User 'I think I had another crash.'

CD 'Are you following the protocol though?'

LOL
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    CD essentially

CD 'follow the protocol'

'Some User - 'I have X symptom what should I do?'

CD 'follow the protocol, did you read my website about the protocol?'

Some User - 'I'm not sure if I will recover'

CD 'You will recover if you follow the protocol.'

Some User 'I think I had another crash.'

CD 'Are you following the protocol though?'

LOL
    Yup.....

You think I'm missing something? lol
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"