User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how you guys do it. That androhard puts me to sleep, immediately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slader1 View Post
    Hi Cdsnuts, I looked up the product "androhard" and the active in it appears to be androsterone. I remember taking androsterone a few years back and initially feeling good on it. I had mostly suffered from anxiety and low libido, and it seemed to help with that. After a few days the effect seemed to drop off, and instead I felt emotionless and got a lot of joint pain. I think it may have been blocking estrogen too much. I think was taking aromatase inhibitors like aspirin and vit E with it as well.

Anyways, is the idea here that cycling this substance will increase the body's baseline DHT production? Or is it a supplemental thing that is supposed to be used forever. Also, do you think it helps with allpregnenelone?
    CD can correct me if I'm wrong but cycling the substance should increase the body's 5-ar enzymes. There was a study that showed that increase dht levels increased the enzyme in the body.
    For me, the first week or so I had a big increase in libido and after that, the effects dropped off as well. I did feel a strong sense of calm the whole time I was on cycle which leads me to believe that it does help with allopregnenelone.

Has anyone looked into or tried Etifoxine? The drug is supposed to upregulate neurosteroid production in the Central Nervous System (specifically ALLO) as well as regenerate nerves endings. Seems like it might be a good idea to use off cycle along with large amounts of Glycine.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Cdsnuts, I looked up the product "androhard" and the active in it appears to be androsterone. I remember taking androsterone a few years back and initially feeling good on it. I had mostly suffered from anxiety and low libido, and it seemed to help with that. After a few days the effect seemed to drop off, and instead I felt emotionless and got a lot of joint pain. I think it may have been blocking estrogen too much. I think was taking aromatase inhibitors like aspirin and vit E with it as well.

Anyways, is the idea here that cycling this substance will increase the body's baseline DHT production? Or is it a supplemental thing that is supposed to be used forever. Also, do you think it helps with allpregnenelone?
    It may have tanked your E a bit, that's certainly possible, although usually guys have high E during PFS.

You cycle to increase DHT as well as increase production of 5ar.

It's not something that you need to do forever, no. I hardly cycle anymore. It certainly helps with allo production due to an increase in 5ar
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It may have tanked your E a bit, that's certainly possible, although usually guys have high E during PFS.

You cycle to increase DHT as well as increase production of 5ar.

It's not something that you need to do forever, no. I hardly cycle anymore. It certainly helps with allo production due to an increase in 5ar
    Okay gotcha so the endgame is to increase 5ar. That's great! I have another problem that maybe you could help address.

What would you recommend helps the most with anxiety?

Lately I've been suffering bad anxiety. Like really bad. I was doing a high carb-low fat "Peat" diet and taking a little thyroid hormone for a few years to increase 5ar with decent results. I also drank a huge amount of coffee. Like maybe 8 cups per day. I began to not like it anymore, because I felt after a couple years I was no longer improving and getting weird symptoms like anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and headaches. So I dropped the thyroid, and began coming off the caffeine.

Well, holy crap. I have had panic attacks, neck pains, and headaches like I just can't believe. My pulse has been quite high, 90-100. I'm really hoping it's just a transition and will get better in a few days. Do you think its possible this diet, t3/t4 and coffee has sensitized me to adrenaline? One of the principles of this diet is to keep serotonin low. I have noticed however, that you say serotonin is good for beating anxiety.

What do you recommend I do once I'm off thyroid and caffiene again? Should I try the paleo diet with carb cycling? I'm up for anything that might help alleviate my anxiety.
    Last edited by slader1; 10-08-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Okay gotcha so the endgame is to increase 5ar. That's great! I have another problem that maybe you could help address.

What would you recommend helps the most with anxiety?

Lately I've been suffering bad anxiety. Like really bad. I was doing a high carb-low fat "Peat" diet and taking a little thyroid hormone for a few years to increase 5ar with decent results. I also drank a huge amount of coffee. Like maybe 8 cups per day. I began to not like it anymore, because I felt after a couple years I was no longer improving and getting weird symptoms like anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and headaches. So I dropped the thyroid, and began coming off the caffeine.

Well, holy crap. I have had panic attacks, neck pains, and headaches like I just can't believe. My pulse has been quite high, 90-100. I'm really hoping it's just a transition and will get better in a few days. Do you think its possible this diet, t3/t4 and coffee has sensitized me to adrenaline? One of the principles of this diet is to keep serotonin low. I have noticed however, that you say serotonin is good for beating anxiety.

What do you recommend I do once I'm off thyroid and caffiene again? Should I try the paleo diet with carb cycling? I'm up for anything that might help alleviate my anxiety.
    I'm not one for spot reducing symptoms rather I focus on fixing the entire system and bringing everything into balance. The recommended protocol is what I suggest. That being said, breathing exercises and meditation can be used to reduce situational anxiety.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, thank you. I will look into breathing exercises and meditation to help with my anxiety.

On the recommended protocol, there are so many herbs listed. Which ones do you think are best for increasing 5ar? Pine Pollen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, I apologize its probably been answered before but I can't find it. Am I supposed to cycle the herbs while on cycle with the AndroHard?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlucchi View Post
    Quick question, I apologize its probably been answered before but I can't find it. Am I supposed to cycle the herbs while on cycle with the AndroHard?
    Nope, no herbs besides the sleep and brain herbs if you use them.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Nope, no herbs besides the sleep and brain herbs if you use them.
    Correct^^^^^^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm approaching a month now on cycle. This is actually my second cycle of AndroHard. (I did one in August and now one that I started in early October) I recovered from the slight suppression of my first cycle quickly and easily from being on the herb rotation. Now on this second cycle, I'm not sure but I think the suppression is starting to take effect again. My libido is getting pretty low where as in the beginning of the cycle, it was decent most days. Other than that, I've definitely seen some changes in mid section fat loss and reduced bloating after eating carbs. That makes me think I've made some good progress with this cycle because before I was bloated after eating anything. I think there was a time on cycle (this last week or so) where I may have been going a little hard on caffeine. I am cutting back and the energy swings are normalizing a little. I'm not sure if the caffeine is playing a role in the drop in libido.

My question is, should I keep going for a couple more weeks, or should end the cycle and start the herbs? Like I said, I have not had any bad symptoms from the AndroHard, just noticed the libido drop and wondering if that is a sign to stop.
    Last edited by Karlucchi; 11-01-2019 at 07:27 AM.