Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few tips for crushing this B.S.

1. Don't look in the mirror for a few months
    2. Keep your cortisol(stress) levels down consistently (its a game changer)
    3. Be consistent with TMO

Thats what helped get out of my slump quicker than ever.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi HOPE,

I hope this finds you well. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the pelvic floor dysfunction information you referenced on my thread? I.e subreddit, discord chats, etc? Specifics on exercises and therapies would be great! I’m really trying to rehab my unit and restore size that I think was lost due to PFD. I apologize in advance for posting here – I tried to DM, but something funky going on with your username. Thank you!

Ratchet

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    Inspiring turn of events here, I did a 24 hour fast after I had cheated on my diet a few days ago, but considering I’m feeling alright, and haven’t smoked in 24 hours, I’m willing to see how far I can go. It’ll shut up my doubts about my earlier fasts, give me a better reaction to the herbs, and is a great cleanse (last time I did a water fast I felt at about 70% recovered…!). Nonetheless, I think it’s worth it.
    Bro I don’t think you’re in a downswing because you cheated on your diet 2 weeks ago.... it’s probably because you’re still smoking. Cmon dude

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think smoking (nicotine by the way, not weed) has that big of an effect? I think it was probably a more natrual downswing, and wasn’t why I planned on fasting, more so Maxouts posts on him fasting for 24 hours after eating gluten.
    Yes I absolutely think that smoking cigs has that big of an effect, you’re shooting yourself in the foot

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cold Turkey. Just body it. The first 4 days will be the worst. I don’t sleep. I’m delirious in bed at night. My short term memory and brain fog are awful. But after 4 days, sleep returns. Energy returns. Brain fog starts to dissipate after a week. It’s smooth sailing from then on out. The key is to not hit nic in any form until you know you’re ready to start up again. Not even once. I quit cold turkey a week ago. I feel great now. Best of luck to you – it’s always worth it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My way of stopping is not telling yourself you are quitting but rather tell yourself you will not smoke for a while and see how long you can stretch it. Then you realize the urge becomes less. Then at some point you will light up again and just feel smoking for what it is. You get nauseous, it burns your lungs and smells terrible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys know it… I’m doing a cleanse without nicotine… feeling suicidal, urges to self-harm. There is absolutely no way I can go 7-days like this without killing someone. I plan to take a hit off of a nicotine vape (just 4 or 5 hits). Is my cleanse nullified thereafter, and should I re-do it? I can do everything down from the protocol at a 100%… but stopping nicotine will be the hardest thing.
    It’s not the nicotine itself I think will harm you, but the chemicals and all sorts of other shit loaded in cigarettes. Vape pens are just as bad. You’re simply gonna hold yourself back by smoking, ask yourself if you’d rather smoke or stay in the spot you’re in, then make a decision off of that. Just pick it back up when you recover.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely would rather recover in the quickest time. Unfortunately, however, the hallmark symptom of PSSD is complete emotional numbness, which I think the nicotine helps a lot. I’ve taken about 4 puffs now, and I’m back to feeling cool, calm, and relaxed even 2 days into this water fast. If it sets me back by however many months, I, with all regret, cannot stop smoking right now. It helps too much to ignore it. But I completely understand. I’m going to go at least 7 days during this fast, and I know I’ve said this before (partly because it helps me so much with my rushed decisions), is that I felt nearly cured after my initial cleanse which I smoked daily at. Matter of fact, it was Bankai, who I ironically met at a hard flaccid discord, that introduced me to the protocol. Dude explained this protocol to me, and I immediately jumped in the fast although I was skeptical. When I finished the fast, and felt pretty much cured that I doubted to Bankai whether or not I actually had PSSD, I knew this protocol was going to work.

God. Taking that damn pill had such a huge impact on me. Fuck it. Now, at this moment, more than ever - I must get my life back. I’m going to go as far as I can - yes even after smoking.
    @Cdsnuts, you’re probably disappointmented to hear I’ve gone and vaped during a cleanse, but I think I can heal eitherway. Everybody keep it fucking going.
    I really do get where you’re coming from, I drank a lot during this process and slipped up a lot, but I did the protocol for like a solid year before I took in any toxins. At least give yourself that. Staying sober/straight edge sucks, but that’s what being a man is my guy. Doing a lot of shit you don’t want to do, because you have to

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are prohormones recommended for non-5AR inhibitor cases? Like PSSD for instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t mean to tag you there turnover bud
    Excess DHT can lower serotonin which in the case of PSSD would be an issue for you I’d assume. But it’s a neurosteroid so I’d imagine it would help in that sense as well. I’ve always somewhat pondered the possibility that I may have pssd since I fucked around with SSRI’s and fin in the same time of my life, there’s no way to know, and I dont want to be a hypochondriac. But fin was the major breaking point where I crashed. But cycles make me an emotionless zombie for a month or 2 after I come off. It happened with Alchemy also who was pssd. But they also switch “on” my emotions during cycle.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Excess DHT can lower serotonin which in the case of PSSD would be an issue for you I’d assume. But it’s a neurosteroid so I’d imagine it would help in that sense as well. I’ve always somewhat pondered the possibility that I may have pssd since I fucked around with SSRI’s and fin in the same time of my life, there’s no way to know, and I dont want to be a hypochondriac. But fin was the major breaking point where I crashed. But cycles make me an emotionless zombie for a month or 2 after I come off. It happened with Alchemy also who was pssd. But they also switch “on” my emotions during cycle.
    That's interesting. I played around with 5-HTP and St Johns Wort which are similar to SSRIs about nine months before getting severe PFS. They crushed my libido. Also took minox for a month before taking fin and got sides from that as well. So adding fin was the worst thing I could've done but oh well you live and learn.