Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Hey fellow fighters

Figured I'd update as it's been a while. Good news is I've finally gotten over whatever muscoskeletal issue I was having as now I can workout and feel the normal aches and pains as opposed to the muscle pain I'd feel after for 2 or so weeks so I can finally restart on the weights side of the protocol.

Ramadan definetely help get over this as doing intermittent fasting for 30 days eating in a 4 hour window seemed to kill the issue which is a relief and I just completed my first week back at the gym doing 4 days.

In those 5 or so months without the weights I did still see some improvements just based off everything else on the protocol specifically my face which looks more and more like it used to and my jawline starting to stick out more and just generally a better looking face especially compared my previous crash where I was back to square one in that department

I'd like the takeaway for anyone reading this to be if you are going to add stuff into the protocol PLEASE make sure you take even a quarter of the dose and assess your reaction to it
    It was a protein shake which caused this bad reaction for me but it didn't help that I took 40g which I've learned after was way too much and not too say that protein shakes don't have their place here it's more just saying that, especially for newbies, you'll inevitably be strict with the protocol through the first month or two but once the tide starts to turn you'll find that you want to try new things which could have benefits but like I've seen CD stress in some threads stick to what is working as any other supplement isn't likely to speed up your recovery you are better off just sticking to what is working

Will look to update in another few months with updates
    Congrats bro ! The face thing scared me a lot too and your face story sounds 100% like mine ! Thanks for the update, really helped me out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Congrats bro ! The face thing scared me a lot too and your face story sounds 100% like mine ! Thanks for the update, really helped me out.
    Thanks @Michael, I remember being in your position not that long ago panicking and frantically looking for any cases similar which turned out for the better.

@Damn's post on physical recoveries really helped me in the dark days and I'm glad mine can do the same for you

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You're in the right place. Read this forum, read TMO and APPLY all that you learn. Do so consistently and you will EVENTUALLY be good as new
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey warriors

Just come back for some advice or guidance. Not sure if this happens to anyone else but for the past few days out of nowhere I have struggled with my ability to go to sleep and then stay asleep.

For the past few months I've been sleeping really good around 7 hrs total but since the past 3 to 4 days I struggle going to sleep which has never happened apart from the begginging of this nightmare and even I can't stay asleep beyond an hour and I'm totalling just like 4 hours if I'm lucky plus I don't even get tired late like I used to. Just a bit alarmed as it's come out of nowhere and there isn't really anything I can pinpoint this down to.

I hope this is just a downswing rearing it's ugly head but any downswing I've had felt like it was behind the scenes and it's important I also note that before this I was on the up and up and everything was really good and even with the lack of sleep I don't have the depression and anxiety that inevitably followed it like before now it's just a heavy head feeling and a headache. My hope is in about a few days to a week my sleep will be better than before as with previous downswings but yeah kinda crazy something like this can hit out of nowhere. Still got some albizia from the beginning and blue vervain so will probably dose both before bed tonight and hope for the best

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey warriors

Just come back for some advice or guidance. Not sure if this happens to anyone else but for the past few days out of nowhere I have struggled with my ability to go to sleep and then stay asleep.

For the past few months I've been sleeping really good around 7 hrs total but since the past 3 to 4 days I struggle going to sleep which has never happened apart from the begginging of this nightmare and even I can't stay asleep beyond an hour and I'm totalling just like 4 hours if I'm lucky plus I don't even get tired late like I used to. Just a bit alarmed as it's come out of nowhere and there isn't really anything I can pinpoint this down to.

I hope this is just a downswing rearing it's ugly head but any downswing I've had felt like it was behind the scenes and it's important I also note that before this I was on the up and up and everything was really good and even with the lack of sleep I don't have the depression and anxiety that inevitably followed it like before now it's just a heavy head feeling and a headache. My hope is in about a few days to a week my sleep will be better than before as with previous downswings but yeah kinda crazy something like this can hit out of nowhere. Still got some albizia from the beginning and blue vervain so will probably dose both before bed tonight and hope for the best
    Yeah sleep in downswings can be difficult to manage if you've gotten used to being able to sleep well in an upswing. The best thing that happened for me reference sleep and a supplement was glycine, during my recovery. 5g, thirty minutes before bed, and I could sleep right well during any downswing.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey warriors

Glycine is great for sleep, Albezia as well. Not if this will help either but maybe try waking up and hitting the gym in the am so you’re more worn out at night. I know during downswings that method might not always help though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey warriors

I never had problems like yours regarding sleep, but since using Glycine and Magnesium before bed the quality of my sleep really improved. Coupled with my evening cold shower and breathing exercises, it's a good combo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses as always people, much appreciated.

I do want to try the glycine but that pageidol thread always pops up and I know otherwise there is nothing but good things said about glycine I would hate myself if I crashed from it especially as I did recently crash from 40g of protein powder so I am admittedly extremely wary of what I put in my body to avoid that nightmare again

Thankfully since that post my sleep seems to slowly be coming back to where it was similar to previous downswings where over the course of 3 to 5 days it creeps back to where it was. I guess it was just the shock of it happening as like I mentioned before I didnt experience that for a good 5 or so months. I do believe that sleeping next to my phone could have caused it and sometimes I have a stupid habit of sleeping right beside my laptop which I have now made sure to stop to ensure I give my body the best chance to sleep best as possible.

Lastly I'm going to make more of an effort to post the positive stuff as to be honest other than that hiccup I've been doing really well. I feel good day to day, my facial structure is visibly returning to where it was pre crash and the ED has come on leaps and bounds compared to when I crashed and its so easy to post the bad shit but we overlook the positives and its good for the people viewing and unfortunately those who will inevitably come after us to see this positivity and that no matter how bad it is at that time it will get better undoubtedly

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses as always people, much appreciated.

I do want to try the glycine but that pageidol thread always pops up and I know otherwise there is nothing but good things said about glycine I would hate myself if I crashed from it especially as I did recently crash from 40g of protein powder so I am admittedly extremely wary of what I put in my body to avoid that nightmare again

Thankfully since that post my sleep seems to slowly be coming back to where it was similar to previous downswings where over the course of 3 to 5 days it creeps back to where it was. I guess it was just the shock of it happening as like I mentioned before I didnt experience that for a good 5 or so months. I do believe that sleeping next to my phone could have caused it and sometimes I have a stupid habit of sleeping right beside my laptop which I have now made sure to stop to ensure I give my body the best chance to sleep best as possible.

Lastly I'm going to make more of an effort to post the positive stuff as to be honest other than that hiccup I've been doing really well. I feel good day to day, my facial structure is visibly returning to where it was pre crash and the ED has come on leaps and bounds compared to when I crashed and its so easy to post the bad shit but we overlook the positives and its good for the people viewing and unfortunately those who will inevitably come after us to see this positivity and that no matter how bad it is at that time it will get better undoubtedly
    I really should just delete that post because he's just completely full of shit. Glycine is basically harmless, like sugar. It even taste sweet.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road to the Recovery section

Pageidol also used gelatin and not glycine and really amplified his already bad glutamate issues. If you end up with high glutamate like he might have done, he could really have ended up in bad shape. But it’s key to remember there IS a difference between gelatin and glycine.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.