Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recovering

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Why you thought kratom was a good idea is beyond me. It acts similar to other chemicals that interact with the opiate receptor.....it lowers testosterone, among other non- Non desirable things.
    Yeah, I realize that now. Just felt like I was past the point of crashing. Believe me, I regret it immensely.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were your doses like Jado?
    I did Kratom for a while but didn't notice anything negative apart from some mind racing at night.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    What were your doses like Jado?
    I did Kratom for a while but didn't notice anything negative apart from some mind racing at night.
    My doses were, 1-2 tsp 2x/day 3 days a week. It was part of a protocol to heal the gut, specifically crohn's. I was also doing the elemental diet and colostrum. Not totally sure it was the kratom alone, or a combination of all of the above. My guess is, it was the krstom though. It does act on mu receptors, just like opiates, and opiates are know to decrease testosterone. It usually happens over a fairly long period of time, but with my system being sensitive it seems logical it was the kratom. I thought I could handle it, as I had been feeling pretty decent over the last several months. Obviously, I was wrong...I would definitely recommend steering clear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    My doses were, 1-2 tsp 2x/day 3 days a week. It was part of a protocol to heal the gut, specifically crohn's. I was also doing the elemental diet and colostrum. Not totally sure it was the kratom alone, or a combination of all of the above. My guess is, it was the krstom though. It does act on mu receptors, just like opiates, and opiates are know to decrease testosterone. It usually happens over a fairly long period of time, but with my system being sensitive it seems logical it was the kratom. I thought I could handle it, as I had been feeling pretty decent over the last several months. Obviously, I was wrong...I would definitely recommend steering clear.
    Kratom for gut health? Never heard about that before.. because of the fiber?

Seems like a low dose anyway. I did a bit less, more like 1 tsp a day. But yea, I guess it could mask anxiety that is not properly treated as a result.

I really doubt your T dropped because of that dose though. Did you get your prolactin checked? Thats usually the one that is influenced by kratom afaik.

Dropping the kratom will always be the best choice though, no matter the circumstance.

Also, a T drop from 700 to 500 doesn’t day much tbh. Could be a day by day thing. I’d be surprised if you can even feel the diff. But I’m not a doctor ofc.
    Last edited by Mojo; 09-27-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kratom is the culprit, for sure. People think it's a harmless plant, that's not true. It is much better for your (say that with grain of salt) then traditional pharms are, but the negative effects are cumulative and sneak up on you. Next thing you know, you got a habit.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"