User Tag List

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashwaghanda crash

I dont know how to delete this post but I don't want it up anymore so I keep anticipating someone will reply, because I don't want to keep coming back to all the forums, I appreciate all your help.
    Last edited by Winkers; 10-07-2021 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Dont know how to delete

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkers View Post
    Hey guys, I was feeling really shitty after finasteride, I had most of the classic symptoms for months and then I came across this forum and followed the regimen excluding most of the supplements and herbs. I really felt better after months of working on it and I was getting morning erections again. I was trying to add herbs to my regimen but most of them were giving me brain fog. I then added ashwagandha 4 weeks ago and it completely crashed me to a place that I am now worse than before. I now have a lot of the symptoms of ashwagandha that other people have on those forums, some of them being very itchy skin, anhedonia, no appetite, constipation and a stuffy nose. I am not sleeping again after this ashwagandha crash and I am at rock bottom now. I need some encouragement, all I can think about is now I have post finasteride syndrome and now this long-lasting post ashwagandha symptoms, and do not know how I am going to fight both. I realize it could also be a post finasteride crash because I did only take it once during the day and once at night but let's say I now have these ashwagandha symptoms, am I completely screwed now or can I get better from post finasteride at the same time as this. Anyone else here have a crash from ashwagandha? Sorry for so much writing, any help would be so greatly appreciated.
    It's not the ashwagandha. And, not for nothing, you didn't follow instructions. Sometimes it doesn't agree with some guys, but it's not going to crash you. If anything, it gave your body the strength to start fighting what you have left to get out. But again, you were taking it twice a day for how long? Regardless....you have to follow instructions. There is a reason for ALL of them.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I was feeling really shitty after finasteride, I had most of the classic symptoms for months and then I came across this forum and followed the regimen excluding most of the supplements and herbs. I really felt better after months of working on it and I was getting morning erections again. I was trying to add herbs to my regimen but most of them were giving me brain fog. I then added ashwagandha 4 weeks ago and it completely crashed me to a place that I am now worse than before. I now have a lot of the symptoms of ashwagandha that other people have on those forums, some of them being very itchy skin, anhedonia, no appetite, constipation and a stuffy nose. I am not sleeping again after this ashwagandha crash and I am at rock bottom now. I need some encouragement, all I can think about is now I have post finasteride syndrome and now this long-lasting post ashwagandha symptoms, and do not know how I am going to fight both. I realize it could also be a post finasteride crash because I did only take it once during the day and once at night but let's say I now have these ashwagandha symptoms, am I completely screwed now or can I get better from post finasteride at the same time as this. Anyone else here have a crash from ashwagandha? Sorry for so much writing, any help would be so greatly appreciated.
    You'll be fine bro. I assumed that because I over did it with the saw palmetto I would never recover from it and yet I did. Law of diminishing returns means that any extra supplement you take probably won't have a much greater effect, this is true of the 5 alpha inhibitors anyway.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It's not the ashwagandha. And, not for nothing, you didn't follow instructions. Sometimes it doesn't agree with some guys, but it's not going to crash you. If anything, it gave your body the strength to start fighting what you have left to get out. But again, you were taking it twice a day for how long? Regardless....you have to follow instructions. There is a reason for ALL of them.
    I dont know how to delete this post but I don't want it up anymore so I keep anticipating someone will reply, because I don't want to keep coming back to all the forums and constantly think about this stuff, I appreciate all your help.
    Last edited by Winkers; 10-07-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I have to say I really appreciate all of your help thus far you really got me out of a dark place. Reading all the other forums left me to be an anxious wreck and this was the only hope to get out of it. I took finasteride for about two months and got depression and brain fog and came off of it and had many sexual side effects and about two months of anxiety about those side effects the brain fog many other symptoms came back badly. I took the webbers natural ashwagandha to help me sleep 3 days in a row earlier in my journey when I was in a dark place, feeling insomnia and reading about how insomnia was going to kick in made me horribly anxious. Reading all the recoveries you had with your program really got me into a positive mindset and even helped my brain fog. I did an 8-day juice cleanse (675 calories a day) I was early into my struggles with sleep so I think all the positivity I was feeling and the juice cleanse really helped my sleep and went back to almost normal within a month. I was doing more of the natural stuff because I seem to be highly sensitive to some of the supplementation, bringing back brain fog. I was holding out on doing the herb rotation until I froze my sperm. I was feeling very good months into recovery, I was almost fully myself, my mental state was back, I was just a little fatigued. My libido was not back but I was getting morning wood pretty frequently. I attribute my psychological recovery to what English was saying about fully believing in recovery and staying really positive without stress. I then started trying to bring some of the herbs, pine pollen I could take fine, maca gave me brain fog for a day. I then went to try ashwagandha tincture because I had already tried it, so I thought I would be fine. To answer your question I took half a dose once that day and once at night. I had all my symptoms of brain fog back I was very anxious, almost immediately had symptoms of insomnia again. I thought I would recover fast because all other supplements that gave me brain fog I improved from. Nothing improved and everything has gotten way worse in the several weeks that came. Reading about ashwagandha some people get affected for a long time and I have a lot of their symptoms (which could possibly also be me reading about them and my anxiety bring them on or they are post finasteride syndrome symptoms that I am just attributing to ashwagandha, I don't know). I had horrible anxiety and several panic attacks after spiraling downhill from the ashwagandha thinking how am I now going to fight both post finasteride syndrome and this ashwagandha after effects. A lot of writing again, I am really sorry for all that I just feel so broken right now, I guess this can be considered my welcome post. I have insomnia now, no appetite and my stomach is starting to be affected which was not happening before. My questions would be, is the tincture that much more potent that it could affect me like this even though I tried it in the past (I was really messed up at this stage so if it did affect me that negatively I probably would not even know). If it is not the ashwagandha did I just completely screw myself over with having all this anxiety and panic attacks when before I was psychologically really good. Where should I go from here, should I do another juice cleanse, I have already lost several pounds from this I do not know if it is a good option right now. I totally saw light at the end of the tunnel and a way to get out, but now I am struggling to see it.
    Brother, you need to relax more. I'm probably going to give some advice which is likely to be frowned upon around here, but judging by the style, length and content of your comment I feel you'll need.

Is it possible for you to take some time off work or whatever other occupation you currently have? If so, take it, and allow yourself to stabilise a bit more. If you have moments where you are completely panicked or lost, take some anti-anxiety meds (the fast working ones) to feel a bit more normal. Obviously don't take them everyday, but only in instances where you really (like REALLY) need them.

Once you start feeling a bit better (which you certainly will) then start the protocol, ditch the medication and get to work.

The only other piece of wisdom I can offer is this. If you feel like its unbearable, and that the protocol isn't working and that you're screwed (you won't be regardless) then think of the future. There are great advancements in gene editing currently (human trials and the like) which will certainly eliminate this condition. We know that its epigenetic changes which have caused the symptoms, and the root of all these is almost certainly at the androgen receptor level.

So stay calm. I can't stress this enough. One way or another, you'll be fine my friend.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Brother, you need to relax more. I'm probably going to give some advice which is likely to be frowned upon around here, but judging by the style, length and content of your comment I feel you'll need.

Is it possible for you to take some time off work or whatever other occupation you currently have? If so, take it, and allow yourself to stabilise a bit more. If you have moments where you are completely panicked or lost, take some anti-anxiety meds (the fast working ones) to feel a bit more normal. Obviously don't take them everyday, but only in instances where you really (like REALLY) need them.

Once you start feeling a bit better (which you certainly will) then start the protocol, ditch the medication and get to work.

The only other piece of wisdom I can offer is this. If you feel like its unbearable, and that the protocol isn't working and that you're screwed (you won't be regardless) then think of the future. There are great advancements in gene editing currently (human trials and the like) which will certainly eliminate this condition. We know that its epigenetic changes which have caused the symptoms, and the root of all these is almost certainly at the androgen receptor level.

So stay calm. I can't stress this enough. One way or another, you'll be fine my friend.
    Not a big fan of this one. Using anxiety meds is ridiculous because in that state it is so easy to become dependant on them for rescue. I know, because it happened to me. HORRIBLE IDEA. You have to go through it. Feel into the anxiety and it will disappear. Feel it. Be it. Do some breathing exercises that will calm your system down STAY ON THE PROTOCOL....this is a detox symptom. Breath, stay hydrated and exercise....even it's just walking a brisk pace. You'd be amazed at what these natural and free things can do for your anxiety.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"