Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Definitely. Sprinting will make you more out of breath probably due to the muscles in lower body being bigger than upper. But boxing will still raise your HR alot and make you sweat so a good form of HIIT
    The legs pull alot of oxygen from the blood. I remember when I was getting into dead lifting....in the beginning I would almost pass out at the top of a lift because I wasn't used to using my legs in that fashion. Same thing here. You gotta build it up, slowly.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is what seems to bring the actual benefits of HIIT. Not only the running, but combination of stress and the struggle to obtain enough oxygen, activating pathways related to longevity.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the type of Boxing Glove campaign they are holding. Most of the time I order my glove from 7 Best Running Gloves of 2021 - Winter Gloves for Runners

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old topic but still.

Boxing is great for PFS. The stress from fighting itself will boost your metabolism. Way more than just lifting or HIIT in my opinion. MMA also good. Only bad thing from these two sports is the potential for injury. When I did MMA I got injured almost every month. Which affected my lifting and other endeavors. If you can keep yourself from getting injured it is a great thing to add in fighting PFS.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelWithACause View Post
    Old topic but still.

Boxing is great for PFS. The stress from fighting itself will boost your metabolism. Way more than just lifting or HIIT in my opinion. MMA also good. Only bad thing from these two sports is the potential for injury. When I did MMA I got injured almost every month. Which affected my lifting and other endeavors. If you can keep yourself from getting injured it is a great thing to add in fighting PFS.
    Exactly why if Im recommending anything sport wise, it's BJJ or climbing, etc. Otherwise, injury does not make for a quick recovery.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"