User Tag List

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Makes a lot of sense buddy will definetely up my water intake and set a goal

Unfortunately as feared my sleep has gone again. After steady day on day improvement in my water fast which culminated in 8 hours yesterday I barely managed 3 with no signs of going back for more which was one of the reasons I did the waterfast and didn't power through the protocol. Whenever I was on the verge of sleeping I'd feel this uneasy feeling in my stomach/gut that I know is stopping me.

Hopefully this is an up and downswing as to be honest prior to my mistake I wouldn't really say I suffered with downswings at least none that I could feel, it just seemed like I was at a solid baseline which gradually was on a upward trend

That protein powder crash I'm sure messed up my gut and immune system. The water fast I believe helped my gut tremendously but the fact that I got sick a week after ingesting it and then coming off the fast it seems I may have picked something else up. Everytime I feel I'm on the mend feels like something is around the corner.

I seemed to be doing so well for so long that it's almost hard to believe I'm back in this state but regardless got to keep reminding myself that it's just a phase and also the protocol will fix everything eventually. Weights and herbs here we come
    All in man. Not just weights and herbs......ALL OF IT.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    All in man. Not just weights and herbs......ALL OF IT.
    My bad I meant weights and herbs on top of the parts of the protocol im doing currently such as paleo, breathing and cold showers etc

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My bad I meant weights and herbs on top of the parts of the protocol im doing currently such as paleo, breathing and cold showers etc
    Got it. Good. You'd be surprised at what some guys consider "doing the protocol"

Laughable, unfortunately.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. Good. You'd be surprised at what some guys consider "doing the protocol"

Laughable, unfortunately.
    It's funny but true, I remember when I first came here I was silently reading the forum top to bottom and read a few cases of people doing bits here and there and then shockingly they weren't making much if any progress. I can 100% vouch that this stuff works and the only thing which will inevitably annoy you or potentially have you second guessing things is the time it takes to get to the destination especially when you feel good and are just waiting for symptoms to clear up.I think that's one of the important things to keep in mind once you get out of the initial funk and you're somewhat functional again is that you don't need to switch anything just keep doing what your doing and time will do its thing you just gotta get out of its way

Personally I'm over the worst of the crash I had. Started back on the full protocol last week and feel decent to be fair. Had some shin pain after lunges on leg day so defo overdid it on the weights so will probably take it down to half the weight this week or I might skip it depends on how it feels on the day

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's funny but true, I remember when I first came here I was silently reading the forum top to bottom and read a few cases of people doing bits here and there and then shockingly they weren't making much if any progress. I can 100% vouch that this stuff works and the only thing which will inevitably annoy you or potentially have you second guessing things is the time it takes to get to the destination especially when you feel good and are just waiting for symptoms to clear up.I think that's one of the important things to keep in mind once you get out of the initial funk and you're somewhat functional again is that you don't need to switch anything just keep doing what your doing and time will do its thing you just gotta get out of its way

Personally I'm over the worst of the crash I had. Started back on the full protocol last week and feel decent to be fair. Had some shin pain after lunges on leg day so defo overdid it on the weights so will probably take it down to half the weight this week or I might skip it depends on how it feels on the day
    It's unfortunate that despite ALL of the info here and on TMO, guys will still think they can pick and choose what parts to do and what parts to leave out. It doesn't work that way.

The fact that you get this and understand that, will serve you well and bring you to recovery much faster then not.

Keep at it. You'll get there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's unfortunate that despite ALL of the info here and on TMO, guys will still think they can pick and choose what parts to do and what parts to leave out. It doesn't work that way.

The fact that you get this and understand that, will serve you well and bring you to recovery much faster then not.

Keep at it. You'll get there.
    Thanks bro I'm sure I will.

Unfortunately yet again I've had some sort of inflammation flare up after a solid week of weights for 4 days at half the weights I was doing pre crash. Felt fine during the week then started feeling some muscle pain in my chest for a couple days which has how gone and now my gut seems inflamed which seems to always cause insomnia for me.

So frustrating as everything else is in place and the weightlifting which still makes me feel good is causing issues after. I defo agree with @Mojo that some kind of virus flares up soon after a crash and I have seen other similar stories of crashes reactivating viruses.

I'm thinking now once this inflammation blows over it might be best to strip it back to beginning with a couple weeks of calisthenics and then start off with low weights like at the beginning and work my way up like before

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks bro I'm sure I will.

Unfortunately yet again I've had some sort of inflammation flare up after a solid week of weights for 4 days at half the weights I was doing pre crash. Felt fine during the week then started feeling some muscle pain in my chest for a couple days which has how gone and now my gut seems inflamed which seems to always cause insomnia for me.

So frustrating as everything else is in place and the weightlifting which still makes me feel good is causing issues after. I defo agree with @Mojo that some kind of virus flares up soon after a crash and I have seen other similar stories of crashes reactivating viruses.

I'm thinking now once this inflammation blows over it might be best to strip it back to beginning with a couple weeks of calisthenics and then start off with low weights like at the beginning and work my way up like before
    There is nothing wrong with backing it down a bit if you've had a set back. Listen to your body. As long as you're maintaining the outline of the protocol, you'll eventually be fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys just to update

I'm having weekly fluctuations and it's quite annoying

Basically since I recrashed looking back I realised now I tried to jump back on the horse way to soon and that may be exaggerating my symptoms now.

I decided to take a couple weeks of any excercise and do the protocol minus the weights and then ease myself into calisthenics then weights and next week was when I would have started but annoyingly I feel like I've got some kind of virus or infection. I've got pain either side of my stomach, foamy urine and also since my last weights attempt I've got what I believe is costochondritis where my rib cage feels inflamed and my chest muscles are more apparent.

Oddly enough I had these symptoms soon after my recrash and took a urine dipstick test as I thought I had a uti but was told it was negative and my issues were likely muscoskeletal and the symptoms left but since then and now I've had flu symptoms and in between and I figured as I wasn't doing any excercises I would remain stable which i was last week but now this has hit me out of nowhere. Frustrating aswell as I'm eating anti inflammatory minus some cheese like cheddar and cottage which I've never had issue with so would imagine id get over this

I'm not panicking as much as I would before as I know exactly what to do once this thing blows over but its been over two months since I wouldn't think I'd still be suffering after. I did think to myself these symptoms almost mimick up and downswings how they appear for 4 to 5 days then go for a week but not sure if it applies to infection type symptoms

I know if it is a uti they usually give antibiotics but I know these have negative effects for the body so wouldn't be sure about the alternative

Will likely do a 5 day water fast starting Monday to try kill whatever this is that

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys just to update

I'm having weekly fluctuations and it's quite annoying

Basically since I recrashed looking back I realised now I tried to jump back on the horse way to soon and that may be exaggerating my symptoms now.

I decided to take a couple weeks of any excercise and do the protocol minus the weights and then ease myself into calisthenics then weights and next week was when I would have started but annoyingly I feel like I've got some kind of virus or infection. I've got pain either side of my stomach, foamy urine and also since my last weights attempt I've got what I believe is costochondritis where my rib cage feels inflamed and my chest muscles are more apparent.

Oddly enough I had these symptoms soon after my recrash and took a urine dipstick test as I thought I had a uti but was told it was negative and my issues were likely muscoskeletal and the symptoms left but since then and now I've had flu symptoms and in between and I figured as I wasn't doing any excercises I would remain stable which i was last week but now this has hit me out of nowhere. Frustrating aswell as I'm eating anti inflammatory minus some cheese like cheddar and cottage which I've never had issue with so would imagine id get over this

I'm not panicking as much as I would before as I know exactly what to do once this thing blows over but its been over two months since I wouldn't think I'd still be suffering after. I did think to myself these symptoms almost mimick up and downswings how they appear for 4 to 5 days then go for a week but not sure if it applies to infection type symptoms

I know if it is a uti they usually give antibiotics but I know these have negative effects for the body so wouldn't be sure about the alternative

Will likely do a 5 day water fast starting Monday to try kill whatever this is that
    A five day water fast as a tune up would be a great idea......go for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey fellow fighters

Figured I'd update as it's been a while. Good news is I've finally gotten over whatever muscoskeletal issue I was having as now I can workout and feel the normal aches and pains as opposed to the muscle pain I'd feel after for 2 or so weeks so I can finally restart on the weights side of the protocol.

Ramadan definetely help get over this as doing intermittent fasting for 30 days eating in a 4 hour window seemed to kill the issue which is a relief and I just completed my first week back at the gym doing 4 days.

In those 5 or so months without the weights I did still see some improvements just based off everything else on the protocol specifically my face which looks more and more like it used to and my jawline starting to stick out more and just generally a better looking face especially compared my previous crash where I was back to square one in that department

I'd like the takeaway for anyone reading this to be if you are going to add stuff into the protocol PLEASE make sure you take even a quarter of the dose and assess your reaction to it
    It was a protein shake which caused this bad reaction for me but it didn't help that I took 40g which I've learned after was way too much and not too say that protein shakes don't have their place here it's more just saying that, especially for newbies, you'll inevitably be strict with the protocol through the first month or two but once the tide starts to turn you'll find that you want to try new things which could have benefits but like I've seen CD stress in some threads stick to what is working as any other supplement isn't likely to speed up your recovery you are better off just sticking to what is working

Will look to update in another few months with updates