User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Juice Feast vs Water Fast

I’m thinking about doing either a second juice feast, or a water fast. When I got mono around October 2019, there were a good 2 or 3 weeks when I was just eating broth, because my throat hurt too much to swallow solid food and I had no appetite. I was not trying to do any type of fast, I was just getting through mono. (I had slept with a woman who said she’d had mono ~3 months earlier and had no idea that she was still contagious.)

When I started eating again, all through my upswings and downswings, I would get morning wood on a consistent basis, and I had more upswings, if I recall correctly. It felt like I had a significantly higher baseline. This lasted for about 8 months; it stopped several months after my gym had closed due to Covid. (My home workouts were not a suitable replacement, I just can’t get the same intensity and I like the routine of going to the gym, rather than working out in my 1 bedroom apartment.) Now, this wasn’t a fast and it didn’t follow the rules, but in retrospect it seemed to have given me good benefits that really lasted.

Shortly after my initial 7 day juice feast in Feb 2019, I did feel orgasms again (for awhile,) and when I had sex I was able to ejaculate (without feeling an orgasm, unfortunately) in a reasonable amount of time, instead of not being able to ejaculate.

I don’t want to spend about $6,000 on a fasting clinic if I don’t have to, and I’m also getting clients for my business and don’t want to hit the pause button on that, which would cost me thousands more in foregone profits. We’re looking at maybe $10,000 to do a 2-week medically supervised water fast, between the costs and lost profits. So it’s looking like I’ll do a juice feast, but I want some reassurance that it still works and will give me benefits.

How long of a juice feast should I do? Or should I bite the bullet and do a water fast? Also, would it be okay to order frozen raw juices from a juice cleanse company, and just order larger amounts of it so that I’ll have enough for 4 quarts per day? I could do 2, 3, even 4 weeks if it would speed my recovery. I want 2021 to be the year when I fully recover.

Thanks!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I’m thinking about doing either a second juice feast, or a water fast. When I got mono around October 2019, there were a good 2 or 3 weeks when I was just eating broth, because my throat hurt too much to swallow solid food and I had no appetite. I was not trying to do any type of fast, I was just getting through mono. (I had slept with a woman who said she’d had mono ~3 months earlier and had no idea that she was still contagious.)

When I started eating again, all through my upswings and downswings, I would get morning wood on a consistent basis, and I had more upswings, if I recall correctly. It felt like I had a significantly higher baseline. This lasted for about 8 months; it stopped several months after my gym had closed due to Covid. (My home workouts were not a suitable replacement, I just can’t get the same intensity and I like the routine of going to the gym, rather than working out in my 1 bedroom apartment.) Now, this wasn’t a fast and it didn’t follow the rules, but in retrospect it seemed to have given me good benefits that really lasted.

Shortly after my initial 7 day juice feast in Feb 2019, I did feel orgasms again (for awhile,) and when I had sex I was able to ejaculate (without feeling an orgasm, unfortunately) in a reasonable amount of time, instead of not being able to ejaculate.

I don’t want to spend about $6,000 on a fasting clinic if I don’t have to, and I’m also getting clients for my business and don’t want to hit the pause button on that, which would cost me thousands more in foregone profits. We’re looking at maybe $10,000 to do a 2-week medically supervised water fast, between the costs and lost profits. So it’s looking like I’ll do a juice feast, but I want some reassurance that it still works and will give me benefits.

How long of a juice feast should I do? Or should I bite the bullet and do a water fast? Also, would it be okay to order frozen raw juices from a juice cleanse company, and just order larger amounts of it so that I’ll have enough for 4 quarts per day? I could do 2, 3, even 4 weeks if it would speed my recovery. I want 2021 to be the year when I fully recover.

Thanks!
    This is up to you. Again, pfs doesn't give a shit about what you have going on in your life. The way to fix it, is the way to fix it.....THAT'S IT. Everything else comes secondary. What it comes down to is you DON'T want to spend the money and miss out on time and income, but if you don't nip this in the bud now (pfs) you're going to end up missing much, much more in the long run. You have to think long term....not short term.

It's not going to cost you 10k for a two week water fast. You can't think of it in terms of lost income....if we thought like that, I could say that pfs cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost time and profits. Can't think like that.

Water fast is the BEST way to cleanse. But if you don't have the time, then you have to go the juice feast route. You can have the juices made for you but you have to make sure that they are REAL fresh produce with nothing else in it. These juices should only have a shelf life of 24 hours or so. If they tell you anything different, they've added some type of preservative. Real fresh juice oxidizes and goes bad FAST. You need to have it fresh everyday. This is why it's recommended you make your own. This is the only guarantee you have the real deal.

And you want reassurance?? Lol....doesn't everyone.....lol. Do some research on juice fasts. Of course you're going to get benefits from it. There is no possible way that you WOULDN'T get benefits from it. That being said, I just reread your post......frozen juices are OUT. No go. It has to be fresh......

It seems that you are trying to bend the situation to fit your life when unfortunately it doesn't work like that. It's the other way around. You have to bend your life to fit the protocol. THAT is the only way to guarantee you'll get the desired results. THAT is your only reassurance.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-09-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This is up to you. Again, pfs doesn't give a shit about what you have going on in your life. The way to fix it, is the way to fix it.....THAT'S IT. Everything else comes secondary. What it comes down to is you DON'T want to spend the money and miss out on time and income, but if you don't nip this in the bud now (pfs) you're going to end up missing much, much more in the long run. You have to think long term....not short term.

It's not going to cost you 10k for a two week water fast. You can't think of it in terms of lost income....if we thought like that, I could say that pfs cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost time and profits. Can't think like that.

Water fast is the BEST way to cleanse. But if you don't have the time, then you have to go the juice feast route. You can have the juices made for you but you have to make sure that they are REAL fresh produce with nothing else in it. These juices should only have a shelf life of 24 hours or so. If they tell you anything different, they've added some type of preservative. Real fresh juice oxidizes and goes bad FAST. You need to have it fresh everyday. This is why it's recommended you make your own. This is the only guarantee you have the real deal.

And you want reassurance?? Lol....doesn't everyone.....lol. Do some research on juice fasts. Of course you're going to get benefits from it. There is no possible way that you WOULDN'T get benefits from it. That being said, I just reread your post......frozen juices are OUT. No go. It has to be fresh......

It seems that you are trying to bend the situation to fit your life when unfortunately it doesn't work like that. It's the other way around. You have to bend your life to fit the protocol. THAT is the only way to guarantee you'll get the desired results. THAT is your only reassurance.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I was looking for a shortcut, but I wanted to find out if the shortcut would be okay. BUT, it isn’t, so I won’t do that. The juice delivery company says that they freeze the freshly made juice, but the freezing process could itself mess things up and I get that.

There’s a couple of raw juice bars nearby that I could go to to supplement my own juice making, and one of them does daily deliveries for cleanses, so maybe I’ll call them and find out what they’d charge for 4 quarts per day... They say “3 large juices” but who knows what “large” means. I doubt it means a quart.

I have used my blender (a high-end Vitamix) to make juice, but I think I did it wrong. It was taking me way more than 90 mins to make the required amount, I was only getting maybe half to two thirds of the juice out, with tons left in the pulp even after lots of messy squeezing. I need to figure out what I was doing wrong, or maybe get a good juicer that leaves behind dry pulp. Not sure if they’ll be brutal to clean though. If it takes 3 hours a day or whatever, it is what it is, but I want that to get closer to 1 hour then that’ll be worth it for me.

I found TrueNorth online and they seem more reasonably priced than other fasting places that charge $3,000 per week. It seems like they’re closer to $1,000 - $1,200 per week, which I could do for two weeks. Maybe I would be able to interview clients and crunch numbers and stuff during the fast, but if not, then so be it. Is there a fasting clinic you recommend? I can’t remember if it was TrueNorth or not.

I weigh 155 lbs now, 30 lbs more than when I was a high school runner (with 10 inch noodle-arms) so I’m sure I could survive a 2 week medically-supervised fast. If it’s significantly better than juicing (it seems less inconvenient TBH,) then I might pull the trigger on that. You’re right, I do need to tackle PFS as soon as possible, and I will do what it takes.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just drink water and proceed with life man lol. start it on a fri/sat, end on the following Monday. I dont think you'll need to be medically supervised unless you have underlying medical conditions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Just drink water and proceed with life man lol. start it on a fri/sat, end on the following Monday. I dont think you'll need to be medically supervised unless you have underlying medical conditions.
    Thanks, I know I could do a short 3 or 4 day fast - realistically even a week - by myself. But I’m not sure whether a shorter fast like that would kickstart my androgen receptivity, or if it’d need to be longer. I want to do whatever it’ll take to get past this PFS bullshit so I can enjoy my life fully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I know I could do a short 3 or 4 day fast - realistically even a week - by myself. But I’m not sure whether a shorter fast like that would kickstart my androgen receptivity, or if it’d need to be longer. I want to do whatever it’ll take to get past this PFS bullshit so I can enjoy my life fully.
    Not what I’m saying. Fri and then 7-10 days like that. That way 4-5 days are taken on a weekend.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Look at this guy....comes out of no where talking about water fasts like he knows.....lol. (Busting balls) Any EXTENDED water fast is best done supervised for the myriad of reasons previously mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I was looking for a shortcut, but I wanted to find out if the shortcut would be okay. BUT, it isn’t, so I won’t do that. The juice delivery company says that they freeze the freshly made juice, but the freezing process could itself mess things up and I get that.

There’s a couple of raw juice bars nearby that I could go to to supplement my own juice making, and one of them does daily deliveries for cleanses, so maybe I’ll call them and find out what they’d charge for 4 quarts per day... They say “3 large juices” but who knows what “large” means. I doubt it means a quart.

I have used my blender (a high-end Vitamix) to make juice, but I think I did it wrong. It was taking me way more than 90 mins to make the required amount, I was only getting maybe half to two thirds of the juice out, with tons left in the pulp even after lots of messy squeezing. I need to figure out what I was doing wrong, or maybe get a good juicer that leaves behind dry pulp. Not sure if they’ll be brutal to clean though. If it takes 3 hours a day or whatever, it is what it is, but I want that to get closer to 1 hour then that’ll be worth it for me.

I found TrueNorth online and they seem more reasonably priced than other fasting places that charge $3,000 per week. It seems like they’re closer to $1,000 - $1,200 per week, which I could do for two weeks. Maybe I would be able to interview clients and crunch numbers and stuff during the fast, but if not, then so be it. Is there a fasting clinic you recommend? I can’t remember if it was TrueNorth or not.

I weigh 155 lbs now, 30 lbs more than when I was a high school runner (with 10 inch noodle-arms) so I’m sure I could survive a 2 week medically-supervised fast. If it’s significantly better than juicing (it seems less inconvenient TBH,) then I might pull the trigger on that. You’re right, I do need to tackle PFS as soon as possible, and I will do what it takes.
    That is why I recommend True North straight from the rip. I've checked them all out and this place is the best and for many different reasons. You should know by now there is no short cut man.....none. The only way out is through.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite possible the fasts are helping because they are improving your metabolic profile. IE, increasing your insulin/leptin/ghrelin sensitivity.

Questions for you:

1. What's the purpose of the juice feast or water fast?
    2. Have you ever used a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) while on either to monitor your blood sugar? Or to establish a baseline?
    3. What is your normal diet like? Are you eating healthy fats and enough protein?
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    It's quite possible the fasts are helping because they are improving your metabolic profile. IE, increasing your insulin/leptin/ghrelin sensitivity.

Questions for you:

1. What's the purpose of the juice feast or water fast?
    2. Have you ever used a CGM (continuous glucose monitor) while on either to monitor your blood sugar? Or to establish a baseline?
    3. What is your normal diet like? Are you eating healthy fats and enough protein?
    That's one reason why, but many others as well. As you can see the place has changed a bit since you were last here.

These guys are all doing the TMO protocol to fix their pfs. Fasting, or cleansing is the first order of business: Cleaning Up The Mess You Made | Total Male Optimization

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Look at this guy....comes out of no where talking about water fasts like he knows.....lol. (Busting balls) Any EXTENDED water fast is best done supervised for the myriad of reasons previously mentioned.
    I like to live dangerously I guess lol. My water fasts I’ve always just gone full on it. Today I shall stop eating. Sucks the first day or 3. Then smooth sailing till the end. I saw some short Doc on fasting for cancer treatments and they go on these huge and long fasts. Makes total sense why people need to be watched then. I honestly never even gave a second thought to fasting for 7-10 days like it would cause any serious issues unless you have underlying health conditions. Makes sense why people should be watched, just never gave it the forethought when I do it. Makes sense though