Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Cheers all,

I've come off all medications and I'm on day 1 of the juice feast. Exciting! Planning on going for at least a week.
    @Cdsnuts:
    1. You mentioned before we can't take anything else during the feast. I've read @Maxout777 saying that him doing the herb rotation during the feast did him just fine. I've been rotating the herbs for around 2 months now (21 day cycle...), would you still recommend pausing it as per the protocol, or is there any benefit in continuing the herb cycle during the feast considering I've been on cycle for quite some time now? I don't mind either way, I was just curious.
    2. This is probably a silly question, but is fresh soup is OK to take in addition to the 6 quarts of cold juice? I understand that the cooking part kills off live enzymes and vitamins, but I suppose it can't hurt as an extra?

Thanks!
    No, no, and no. While cleansing.....you take NOTHING other then what you are cleansing with. Anything else added in just causes the bodies digestive system to work which is what you DON'T want. The point of a cleanse is to let everything come OUT, not to put anything else IN.

This seems to be a sticking point for many guys. I think you need to do some research into cleansing and why it's important you don't put anything else into your system during this time. Cleanse and rest........that's it. And if you can go longer then 7 days, by all means do so.

You want to stop ALL supplements and food....completely. This gives your body a chance to rest and clean itself without stimulating it with any kind of response (herbs, vitamins, etc.) This way, once you're finished, the herbs and the rest of the supplements will hit that much harder.

Just cleanse......

Congrats on getting of the pharmaceuticals. That is a feat in itself, believe me, I know. Now you can start the road to the recovery section. Good luck, and stay true to the protocol.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-09-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Maxout and CD, for the constructive feedback. I really appreciate you guys supporting us through this ordeal.

I'll stick to the juice!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Thank you, Maxout and CD, for the constructive feedback. I really appreciate you guys supporting us through this ordeal.

I'll stick to the juice!
    Good. And again, the longer, the better.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not gonna go read the whole program. What the reason for juice over water? Aren't you trying to reset your digestive biome, and body markers? Wouldn't constantly drinking juice just mean youre only ingesting sugar 7 days?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    im not gonna go read the whole program. What the reason for juice over water? Aren't you trying to reset your digestive biome, and body markers? Wouldn't constantly drinking juice just mean youre only ingesting sugar 7 days?
    Dude.....well I'm not going to explain it for the thousandth time ad nauseum....lol. THAT is why I wrote the site. You know how many times I have to repeat myself? It's literally been covered a hundred times and it's on TMO. TMO will explain it to a tee. You can also get a ridiculous amount of info just by searching this forum.

The body runs on sugar my man....at it's simplest form, ALL calories are converted to simple sugars to power the cells. Fruit and veggie sugar is readily usable by the body with no digestion necessary. This frees up ALOT of energy for internal house cleaning while still providing energy to get through the day, as opposed to a water fast.

It's the best "cleanse" option for those who are not that sick or cannot take a month off to do a water fast.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-11-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Dude.....well I'm not going to explain it for the thousandth time ad nauseum....lol. THAT is why I wrote the site. You know how many times I have to repeat myself? It's literally been covered a hundred times and it's on TMO. TMO will explain it to a tee. You can also get a ridiculous amount of info just by searching this forum.

The body runs on sugar my man....at it's simplest form, ALL calories are converted to simple sugars to power the cells. Fruit and veggie sugar is readily usable by the body with no digestion necessary. This frees up ALOT of energy for internal house cleaning while still providing energy to get through the day, as opposed to a water fast.

It's the best "cleanse" option for those who are not that sick or cannot take a month off to do a water fast.
    I got the email, so I saw you say you aren’t gonna do it.. then you edited it went and did it xD.
    I appreciate the spark notes. I’m also not PFS so I didn’t think to click the site cuz I thought I’d have to pay and it’s not something I need.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The body runs on sugar my man....at it's simplest form, ALL calories are converted to simple sugars to power the cells.
    That's false though, what about ketones?

Fats can be turned into ketones, especially when on a low carb diet. MCTs are turned into ketones extremely readily. Fat can eventually be turned into carbohydrates, but it's actually a very expensive process in the body and one the body prefers not to do.

There are also 5 amino acids (phenylalanine, isoleucine, threonine, tryptophan and tyrosine) that are both ketogenic and glucogenic, so those can be turned into ketones as well. And lysice and leucine are exclusively ketogenic, which means they are only ever turned into ketones when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by tallstraw View Post
    Wouldn't constantly drinking juice just mean youre only ingesting sugar 7 days?
    Yeah, I've never seen a fruit fast being a legitimate way to fast. Why overload the body with sugar? If anything, an all protein fast is best to spare lean muscle tissue and still have the body convert aminos -> ketones/glucose when needed.

Spiking insulin with an all sugar diet is crazy

Plus, if someone is eating carbs as their only source of energy, they can still go through de novo lipogenesis and create fat stores from those carbs. But they can't create amino acids/muscle from them.

You'd have a hard time arguing that digestion is such a burden while there are plenty of people on the planet who perform at incredibly high levels of athleticism while eating 1000s more calories than the normal person.
    Last edited by BBG; 02-11-2021 at 03:02 PM.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not false. All cells run on glucose and some amino acids. The brain may use ketones when it gets to that point, but the cells ALWAYS run on glucose.
    Most cells use glucose for ATP production but not all cells.

I don't really want to argue semantic, but:
    1. Ketones yield GTP and ATP which is used by cells for various processes (RNA synthesis and as a source of energy primarily).
    2. The brain is made of cells that can take ketones for energy. Yes it does preferentially run on glycogen.
    3. Heart cells can use ketones. Actually, the heart prefers to run on fatty acids. The heart is also made of cells.
    4. Our bodies cells use fatty acids for ketones for energy (ATP) when we aren't eating sugar and have depleted our internal supplies.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Most cells use glucose for ATP production but not all cells.

I don't really want to argue semantic, but:
    1. Ketones yield GTP and ATP which is used by cells for various processes (RNA synthesis and as a source of energy primarily).
    2. The brain is made of cells that can take ketones for energy. Yes it does preferentially run on glycogen.
    3. Heart cells can use ketones. Actually, the heart prefers to run on fatty acids. The heart is also made of cells.
    4. Our bodies cells use fatty acids for ketones for energy (ATP) when we aren't eating sugar and have depleted our internal supplies.

Believe me, I don't want to argue at all. This protocol was put together with everything in mind given what these men are going through. And yes, i agree with everything you're saying, but for the most part, all cells run on glucose.

Okay, well if you're feeling bored, or just want to pick up some new knowledge, just do some research on juice feasting. it's counter intuitive for alot of people because the first thing they think is "OMG all that sugar" What they don't take into account is that when there is nothing else being taken into the system...fats, protein, complex carbs., etc. it makes all the difference in the world.

Most of the medical community can't see the forest for the trees.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-11-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    That's false though, what about ketones?

Fats can be turned into ketones, especially when on a low carb diet. MCTs are turned into ketones extremely readily. Fat can eventually be turned into carbohydrates, but it's actually a very expensive process in the body and one the body prefers not to do.

There are also 5 amino acids (phenylalanine, isoleucine, threonine, tryptophan and tyrosine) that are both ketogenic and glucogenic, so those can be turned into ketones as well. And lysice and leucine are exclusively ketogenic, which means they are only ever turned into ketones when necessary.

Yeah, I've never seen a fruit fast being a legitimate way to fast. Why overload the body with sugar? If anything, an all protein fast is best to spare lean muscle tissue and still have the body convert aminos -> ketones/glucose when needed.

Spiking insulin with an all sugar diet is crazy

Plus, if someone is eating carbs as their only source of energy, they can still go through de novo lipogenesis and create fat stores from those carbs. But they can't create amino acids/muscle from them.

You'd have a hard time arguing that digestion is such a burden while there are plenty of people on the planet who perform at incredibly high levels of athleticism while eating 1000s more calories than the normal person.
    Yes, I’m well aware, but thank you. But like I said MOST, if not all cells use glucose for their primary energy source. With a juice feast, you’re not “overloading” the body with sugar….I can understand your concern if they were slamming four quarts of juice a day AND eating a regular diet…..THAT is where the problems arise do to fats and other material making the work of the insulin that much harder to shuttle the sugar into the cells. But when nothing else is in the system aside from simple sugars, the insulin spike isn’t anything to be concerned with. Secondly, they are doing this for a period of one to two weeks. It’s a cleanse, not a diet.

Bro….you’re in the propecia section now….A section that I’ve been running for the past five years or so.
    And It's not false. ALL cells run on glucose and some amino acids. The brain may use ketones when it gets to that point, but the cells ALWAYS run on glucose.

Just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean anything. That’s the old medical model of thinking. I HAVE seen a myriad of successful juice feasts where people have beaten supposedly terminal conditions. My juice feast alone was 45 days and I felt amazing afterwards. Plenty of research out there if you take the time to look. Just because it may go against what the medical “norm” is now, that is simply because that “norm” is completely outdated and obsolete.

They are doing this to cleanse the system. Not spare muscle, not keep gains….that comes afterwords. In the state they are in now, they NEED to cleanse the system. An all protein fast would be a quick way to bog them down even more, especially seeing as most of them have digestive issues from pfs.

A juice FEAST is one of the healthiest ways to cleanse the system. An all protein fast? No way……not for this. That would be a disaster….lol. The point of the cleanse is to….well….cleanse, and that is exactly what the feast does impeccably. One of the worst things these guys can do would be do do an all protein fast…..my god.

Most of what the protocol is , isn't what you would call looked at with great admiration by the medical profession. That doesn't mean much. They want repeat customers for life. Why get them well on their own when you can have them chained to the prescription pad, which, ultimately, will just make them worse.

I appreciate the help, but you have to understand your audience here.....Doing this....is just going to confuse already scared and confused guys.
    That's the thing....I don't want to, nor do I have to argue anything. We all know digestion takes up a HUGE portion of resources. And those plenty of people on the planet that perform at high levels, are athletes in peak condition, not guys that were decimated by a 5ar inhibitor. That’s like comparing apples to oranges. It doesn’t work.

Simple sugars are the easiest for the body to use because for the most part, they require little to no digestion. They also produce little to no cellular waste products.

When it comes to CLEANSING, juice feasting and water fasting are the best routes to go.
    We have to tear down the old, and build up the new. And that’s exactly what this program does.
    There is a reason why the list of recoveries here keeps growing when you’d be hard pressed to find them anywhere else.
    I respect your knowledge on many subjects…..but when it comes to pfs…..I got this……not just based on my own experiences but based on the experiences of hundreds of other men I’ve coached successfully