User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Online Keto Summit - May Have to Register Today?!?

It seems many of you are on keto/modified keto diets. Since getting over the hump recently, I have been trying keto and came across this during my research. There is a free (it looks like you may have to register today at ketoedgesummit.com) online summit starting tomorrow put on by a number of experts on keto dieting. There looks to be a lot of good sessions including ones on; adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, microbiome, cycling, etc. that could be highly relevant to many of you.
    Last edited by Damn; 05-06-2018 at 08:13 PM.
    Never lose your sense of humor

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your thyroid not suffer on keto? I did keto a few years back and I NEVER had any energy it seemed like. Nothing like PFS level fatigue but I remember it being a struggle.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Does your thyroid not suffer on keto? I did keto a few years back and I NEVER had any energy it seemed like. Nothing like PFS level fatigue but I remember it being a struggle.
    So there are a lot of experts that say you can do modified keto (carb cycling) with (and even to address) thyroid issues. I personally played it conservative and ate a good balance of protein, fats & carbs (fruits and roots) at every meal while recovering. I am now, however, trying modified keto (specifically w/ carb backloading) to see how it goes.

I know there are a number of guys on this site who are already doing this and thought it might be good for them to get some perspective from leading keto experts on if/how to do it properly to best protect their thyroid, adrenals, gut, etc.
    Last edited by Damn; 05-08-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah gotcha. Yeah I do great with carb backloading but straight keto I've had a hard time with.

Interesting! I'd like to give keto another try soon.....I need to cut a little stubborn weight.

Never Quit.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well what we're doing is pretty close to full keto... paleo + IF + car backloading we're in keto probably like 90% of the time without the thyroid troubles.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    It seems many of you are on keto/modified keto diets. Since getting over the hump recently, I have been trying keto and came across this during my research. There is a free (it looks like you may have to register today at ketoedgesummit.com) online summit starting tomorrow put on by a number of experts on keto dieting. There looks to be a lot of good sessions including ones on; adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, microbiome, cycling, etc. that could be highly relevant to many of you.
    Just watched the first session "Top 7 Benefits of a Ketogenic Lifestyle". Guys, I think this is definitely worth watching...very "on point" for all of us. Looks like there are 4-5 sessions daily and can be watched on-demand until the next day's sessions load. Hopefully you can still register if interested.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@jacknap Right, but the fat burning benefits of keto are primarily from remaining in long-term ketosis - going in and out of it kills that. Plus, after backloading heavily it would take the body awhile to get back into ketosis.
    Last edited by Maxout777; 05-07-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Never Quit.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jacknap Right, but the fat burning benefits of keto are primarily from remaining in long-term ketosis - going in and out of it kills that. Plus, after backloading heavily it would take the body awhile to get back into ketosis.
    Great point that many people do not realize.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah gotcha. Yeah I do great with carb backloading but straight keto I've had a hard time with.

Interesting! I'd like to give keto another try soon.....I need to cut a little stubborn weight.
    Maybe try adjusting the amount of carbs in your back load. That always did the trick for me. Once you get the carb load right, the fat just melts off and the muscles swell.

Such a good feeling to slam 300g of carbs before bed and wake up with a flat stomach and a perma pump like you just worked out.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Maybe try adjusting the amount of carbs in your back load. That always did the trick for me. Once you get the carb load right, the fat just melts off and the muscles swell.

Such a good feeling to slam 300g of carbs before bed and wake up with a flat stomach and a perma pump like you just worked out.
    The biggest issue I'm having is that I work out at 0600. Then go all day before eating carbs at 1700 usually. I've read that carb backloading loses a little luster when you don't work out in the afternoons or later than early AM.

Because I used to workout after work every day, and never had any issues with weight being stubborn.

Never Quit.