User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

Guys, More proof it’s all about the stress. I had been 100% symptom free for a couple months and actually feeling well above 100% of my pre-Fin baseline for the last couple…I mean seriously kicking ass physically, mentally & sexually (well, tapping more than kicking ). Then a few weeks ago, I allowed myself to become highly stressed for an extended period of time (I’m talking the panicked, obsessing, mind-racing, pacing kind) over an extremely challenging personal issue. After nearly a week of this, my nuts suddenly started to ache again, my digestive system turned to shit (pun not intended, but highly accurate ) and I started having trouble sleeping (both falling & staying asleep). A couple days later, a number of my original crash symptoms came flooding back. Keep in mind, nothing else in my life/lifestyle had changed other than the stress. So, over the last week, I have gotten my stress levels back in check, have started to sleep again and everything else is falling back into place rather quickly (I imagine because I am in such a better place now than I was when I originally crashed). I will update on progress.

The point of this post is simply this…I believe stress is a huge part of what allowed us to get fucked up, kept us fucked up and will keep fucking us up until we learn to control/eliminate it. Do some research on stress and the effect it has on your endocrine, nervous, digestive, immune, etc. systems. It fucks you up…hard! Were there some devastating hormonal issues caused by taking/quitting Fin?...Fuck yes! (and as I mentioned in my last post, I think these were exacerbated by the fact that our systems were already unbalanced from chronic stress), but I am certain now that the mental/emotional stress caused from the symptoms of that initial hormonal cluster fuck (understandably so) and the subsequent discovery of PH (and all its fucking horror stories), etc. was a key contributor to our PFS. Most of us seem to be higher stressed, obsessive, over-thinkers (just read the posts on this/other sites if you need proof of that) which, along with the other non-mental/emotional stressors (whether it be bad diets, intoxicant use, poor sleep habits, toxin/xenoestrogen exposure, over-work, over-training, all of the above, etc.), are honestly why I believe we crashed so hard to begin with, why we remain crashed for so long and why we re-crash. Even when we are not “panic stressing” about it all the time, the constant thinking, obsessing, analyzing, etc. of everything we do (or don’t do) within the context of PFS has a huge effect on our stress levels and keeps us operating in a sympathetic nervous mode which continues to challenge our bodies to find homeostasis.

Believe what you want…my money is 100% on eliminating stress (in all its forms…mental, emotional, physical, etc.) as the only way to fully recover from PFS.
    Last edited by Damn; 06-09-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

What do you do during downswings though? It’s an uphill battle for me to control stress at these points. It’s like no matter what I do my body is in that mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    What do you do during downswings though? It’s an uphill battle for me to control stress at these points. It’s like no matter what I do my body is in that mode

Breathing exercises, cold exposure, yoga, strong sunlight.

You also live in new york though? EMF's might be problematic for you
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

@Driven, yeah I can’t control that (EMFs)

I guess I’ll stick to the relaxation techniques.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the feeling brother. You aren't alone. At times it can seem like your default state is anxious. Anytime I feel this now I get out of my head and get into my body.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always control it. Moving to get better is not a crazy idea.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah stress is probably huge. I bet a tropical vacation might do me good. Anyone down for Thailand in winter?
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Makes sense. I had been working myself stupid prior to pfs... film industry hours plus school p/t. Some of my gut, mental and muscle loss vaguely appeared before my crash tbh. I also crashed hard about two weeks ago, not long after I put in a few long days at work and started reading some of the drama that's been going on in here.

In my CBT class there's a guy who has been crippled with anxiety for two years now after working in the oil sands that I relate to. We both applied for disability (my decision is past due). Either way, I'll just use my savings to travel and bring the protocol with me. I'm not ready to work in any regular capacity and sitting at home coming on forums, obsessing, ruminating is even worse.
    Not to derail the thread, but I also noticed a change in tune here lately. What is going on?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry too much about EMF's. I have family in NY and they worry, but it's due to a brain illness (in family). I've had like 3-6 phones at a time (not healthy). I keep them out of my room of course (or try too). There are scanners you can buy, but it will not ruin you. Mental health - CBT can help (never helped me, but I was just telling stories (hilarious), showing up late, didn't actually want to be there). Now, I can, when I find a good place. I likely would not return tho, unless I liked the Doctor/Counsellor. I prefer one on one. With focus issues, it's too confusing in a group for me. How>Why to heal anything.

Maybe, I had downswings too, but I never thought about them (or did best not to). Not trying to say don't talk-think things thru (it is actually healthier to do this, if needed). Actually I must have initially with mods, w.r.t. digestion, and fasting.

@basementdweller if I didn't like so many things and was only good at different things, I'd be in the film industry too. I did advertizing, was a waiter, trading, etc. A terrible waiter...

I love NY. Was sad most times I left it. Especially as a kid.

Getting away from big cities prollycontributed to recovery but is not great for my other issues. Its worth it for a time.
    Last edited by CSM25; 08-21-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS = Phuqed From Stress

In response to Mitch & everyone else reading , my apologies for my tone. I’ve been contributing to this negative vibe.. I understand this forum is not the place for that. It’s what makes it so different than everyone else & important.

I’ve let my darkness get the best of me. I let go of the gratitude & perspective I initially had for a bit cause of the strong downswing that crept on me. what I hope is that this is part of the process & not some legitimate setback because program wise I’ve been on it. I’m working throughly on this area which is my belief, my outlook, acceptance, patience etc.. it’s not an overnight process though.