User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kombucha, Green Tea & Black Tea safe?

Hey guys. I wanted to boost my gut health by drinking kombucha but I've looked into some studies that say that black tea and green tea inhibit DHT. The last thing I want to do is take another 5AR inhibitor. Is it safe for me to drink Kombucha? Would love Maxout's opinion on this because he drank kombucha during his recovery period.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been making and drinking it for a while now, can't say I have noticed any bad effects.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I drink all three with no issues. CD drank black tea almost daily during his recovery with no issues. Wouldn't worry about it. As always though, listen to your body.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much everything (well, not everything) can inhibit 5AR to a degree. Bananas, avocados, eggs, coconut oil, etc. I say all this to say, it's never hindered me at all to eat these foods. Kombucha was always great for me during recovery cause I treated it like a "night cap" of sorts. Instead of a beer or bourbon, I would have a kombucha. It seemed to help me too with it's probiotic properties.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD mentions tea on the TMO Quick Start Guide, so I assume it's fine.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally stay away from Green Tea just to be safe, but I fucking guzzle black tea and kombucha and it's never been a problem.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Master
    You're like aware that black tea inhibts DHT WAY more than green tea? xD
    I drank black tho during recovery sometimes it and made no differrence for me too.
    Kombucha, only if you're sure you have no gut issues anymore. Otherwise it can aggrevate Sibo.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it depends how bad you are if you're really bad little things can set you off (or your anxiety will) after a month into crashing though I was able to handle really strong coffee (like 200mg caffeine) so the teas are like baby stuff compared to that and yeah I would have kombucha as a treat occasionally because they're a bit pricey here.

I haven't heard of anyone having ill effect from those but like also be aware of anxiety can fool yourself into thinking your crashing again etc. lol meditation is key in this game.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Pretty much everything (well, not everything) can inhibit 5AR to a degree. Bananas, avocados, eggs, coconut oil, etc. I say all this to say, it's never hindered me at all to eat these foods. Kombucha was always great for me during recovery cause I treated it like a "night cap" of sorts. Instead of a beer or bourbon, I would have a kombucha. It seemed to help me too with it's probiotic properties.
    Interesting. How well did it work as a night cap? I think I heard that kombucha had slight alcoholic properties, but are the effects actually noticeable? I haven’t tried it before.