User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trialing Androsterone - Benign Concerns

Hey guys. HOPE here. Doing pretty well after finally coming to terms. I’m a believer that the protocol will heal all of my worries, but plan on cycling hormones. I’ve researched PSSD thoroughly, but have two main concerns.

I’ve decided to cycle R-Andro, or pure Androsterone for the GABA benefits, as well as increasing DHT which never hurts. Furthermore, I have a question to ask, for particularly those who have an affinity for the science behind PFS - Will cycling something like Androsterone help solve androgen insensitivity?

Another question is maybe one that will not be met well by those in the forum, but how far back should I expect my hairline to recede? I’m currently a Norwood 1, never experienced hair loss prior to PSSD, but it caused horrible thinning due to hormonal imbalances most likely, but really do like my hair. It definitely won’t me from cycling, but am interested in how much hair loss it generally induces. Are we looking at a full head of hair to a diffuse thinning Norwood 3 from a 1-2 month cycle?

Let me know. I appreciated.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    Hey guys. HOPE here. Doing pretty well after finally coming to terms. I’m a believer that the protocol will heal all of my worries, but plan on cycling hormones. I’ve researched PSSD thoroughly, but have two main concerns.

I’ve decided to cycle R-Andro, or pure Androsterone for the GABA benefits, as well as increasing DHT which never hurts. Furthermore, I have a question to ask, for particularly those who have an affinity for the science behind PFS - Will cycling something like Androsterone help solve androgen insensitivity?

Another question is maybe one that will not be met well by those in the forum, but how far back should I expect my hairline to recede? I’m currently a Norwood 1, never experienced hair loss prior to PSSD, but it caused horrible thinning due to hormonal imbalances most likely, but really do like my hair. It definitely won’t me from cycling, but am interested in how much hair loss it generally induces. Are we looking at a full head of hair to a diffuse thinning Norwood 3 from a 1-2 month cycle?

Let me know. I appreciated.
    NW1 to NW3? Incredibly unlikely. I didn't notice much appreciable extra hair loss from my two androsterone cycles, although my hair loss was fairly slow to begin with. I imagine most of the hair loss people report is catch-up loss from withdrawing from fin along with restoring a more natural hormone balance, and they were already destined to experience this hair loss at some stage sooner or later. If you're not genetically pre-disposed to male pattern baldness, it's very unlikely you'll experience any hair loss, and if you are, the prohormones are probably only going to move you forward in your hair-loss timeline by an equivalent of several months of natural progression.

Edit: I see you've experienced some thinning from PSSD. If this is the kind of non-male-pattern, all-over thinning (including the back and sides) that severe stress and hardcore (non-androgenic) pharmaceuticals can cause, as far as I'm aware this type of hair loss isn't generally mediated by androgens. I can't speak for how it is likely to be affected by pro-hormones, but my guess is that it's not particularly likely to be exacerbated, although I'll defer of course to any members with more direct experience.
    Last edited by Marquis; 09-12-2021 at 11:00 AM.