Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Happy for you my man.

I can really relate with the obsessive thoughts, everyday I wish I didnt take that single pill it's really hard. I am not as recovered as you, but I know it's gonna be a challenge to reintegrate real life once I am, because I will always be scared.

Keep it up with the protocol, I think you'll be 100% soon
    Yeah, by and large i see obsessive thought patterns being the last major obstacle that stands in the way of a normal life again besides my Insomnia. Time heals all and as the body heals in tandem, I'm sure the thoughts will diminish. Thanks for the encouragement, I expect the same of you!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Yeah, by and large i see obsessive thought patterns being the last major obstacle that stands in the way of a normal life again besides my Insomnia. Time heals all and as the body heals in tandem, I'm sure the thoughts will diminish. Thanks for the encouragement, I expect the same of you!
    I agree man. There are a lot of things that I couldn't do, and now that I can do them, I'm not questioning it and just doing them. I think when we will be 100% our brain will forget and we will live in autopilot

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree man. There are a lot of things that I couldn't do, and now that I can do them, I'm not questioning it and just doing them. I think when we will be 100% our brain will forget and we will live in autopilot
    It'll just be like a bad memory. You won't remember much but misery and lost time. It's just going to be a small void in the timeline of your life
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back earlier than I thought to report that for the first time all year, I actually felt horny last night. Damn that felt good lmao. Was afraid I'd never feel that again. Cheers!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back earlier than I thought to report that for the first time all year, I actually felt horny last night. Damn that felt good lmao. Was afraid I'd never feel that again. Cheers!
    GREAT sign!! Now you know you CAN'T stop. You're on you way man....This is when things start to get good......START...to get good.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's been about a month since my last update. Figured I'd pop in to give the positives and negatives so far. I've been 100% on protocol since the last update and just in the last week my libido seems to have returned basically to my pre-finasteride state, if not slightly higher. It's great, but I'm not counting on this being my baseline quite yet. I'm elated that it's back though. Also, the mild ED that I was experiencing seems to have resolved, I'm getting rock hard again, something I haven't experienced since early 2021. I still haven't fucked in like 2 months so I have no idea how i'll function when the real deal comes around, but it seems like things are back to normal in that department and I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm down 10 pounds and put on muscle, I'm starting to get compliments about my physique and a girl who I've known for a while grabbed my arm at a Halloween party last weekend and was shocked at how firm it was, then got real flirty with me lol.

As for the negatives, my fatigue is still ever-present though still on a very, very slow mend. I have more energy throughout the day than I did over the summer, but I'm still lethargic and tired, and as a result I also feel pretty derealized because I lack the full energy to engage in the world around me. It's that subtle feeling of being locked in a dream, where nothing seems quite solid and my existence isn't quite anchored in reality. I've dealt with derealization for a long time before finasteride, saw it resolve a few years ago, and to have it return like this is just a massive bummer. I want to feel awake and connected and I'm just not there yet. Still, I know I'm on the right track. I've only been strict with the protocol for about a month and I'm seeing improvement, so to imagine where this takes me 6 months to a year from now brings me hope. I feel extremely fortunate to not have been decimated by this drug in the same ways many of the men here have been but this has still been an eye opening experience and I now have many takeaways from this experience that I feel will benefit me in the long run. the importance of nutrition and exercise is massive. sleep of course as well, which has also improved massively. I'm now extremely skeptical of pharmaceuticals and have learned to do EXTENSIVE research before I ever put a manmade compound (doing my research on prohomones right now in anticipation of a possible cycle next year) in my body ever again. Our health is truly our greatest treasure and when I'm out of these woods I'm safeguarding it because my life depends on it.

So with that, I'm going to peace out for probably another month. I'm going to stop visiting this forum because I feel MUCH better when I'm not reading about this nightmare. My DMs are open if anyone wants to reach out but don't expect any activity here publicly from me really, maybe the odd check-in on others. I think a monthly check-in seems healthy and reasonable. If I make bigger strides I'll probably space them out even more until eventually I can add myself to the coveted recoveries section lol, then say peace the fuck out for good. Hope you all are well and grinding away, keep your chins up and know this is just a blip in a long, productive, beautiful life.

Flapjack

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So it's been about a month since my last update. Figured I'd pop in to give the positives and negatives so far. I've been 100% on protocol since the last update and just in the last week my libido seems to have returned basically to my pre-finasteride state, if not slightly higher. It's great, but I'm not counting on this being my baseline quite yet. I'm elated that it's back though. Also, the mild ED that I was experiencing seems to have resolved, I'm getting rock hard again, something I haven't experienced since early 2021. I still haven't fucked in like 2 months so I have no idea how i'll function when the real deal comes around, but it seems like things are back to normal in that department and I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm down 10 pounds and put on muscle, I'm starting to get compliments about my physique and a girl who I've known for a while grabbed my arm at a Halloween party last weekend and was shocked at how firm it was, then got real flirty with me lol.

As for the negatives, my fatigue is still ever-present though still on a very, very slow mend. I have more energy throughout the day than I did over the summer, but I'm still lethargic and tired, and as a result I also feel pretty derealized because I lack the full energy to engage in the world around me. It's that subtle feeling of being locked in a dream, where nothing seems quite solid and my existence isn't quite anchored in reality. I've dealt with derealization for a long time before finasteride, saw it resolve a few years ago, and to have it return like this is just a massive bummer. I want to feel awake and connected and I'm just not there yet. Still, I know I'm on the right track. I've only been strict with the protocol for about a month and I'm seeing improvement, so to imagine where this takes me 6 months to a year from now brings me hope. I feel extremely fortunate to not have been decimated by this drug in the same ways many of the men here have been but this has still been an eye opening experience and I now have many takeaways from this experience that I feel will benefit me in the long run. the importance of nutrition and exercise is massive. sleep of course as well, which has also improved massively. I'm now extremely skeptical of pharmaceuticals and have learned to do EXTENSIVE research before I ever put a manmade compound (doing my research on prohomones right now in anticipation of a possible cycle next year) in my body ever again. Our health is truly our greatest treasure and when I'm out of these woods I'm safeguarding it because my life depends on it.

So with that, I'm going to peace out for probably another month. I'm going to stop visiting this forum because I feel MUCH better when I'm not reading about this nightmare. My DMs are open if anyone wants to reach out but don't expect any activity here publicly from me really, maybe the odd check-in on others. I think a monthly check-in seems healthy and reasonable. If I make bigger strides I'll probably space them out even more until eventually I can add myself to the coveted recoveries section lol, then say peace the fuck out for good. Hope you all are well and grinding away, keep your chins up and know this is just a blip in a long, productive, beautiful life.

Flapjack
    You got this! KEEP GOING!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

It's been about a month since my last update. I'll keep this one succinct.
    I just took a new job and moved a short distance to a new city, it has been an incredibly busy month to say the least. Following the protocol during a move has been a challenge and I basically slipped to about 40% of the protocol while I was getting established here. Thankfully the chaos has mostly settled and I have returned to a consistent regimen over the past week or so. Shortcomings aside, this is undoubtedly the best I have felt since I stopped taking finasteride back in April. Libido fluctuates between okay and normal, but still seldom reaches ravenous levels. Sleep is still my main struggle but the oppressive fatigue I struggled with for months is now more of an inconvenience than an all consuming burden. anxiety and depressive symptoms are okay, again, not enough to leave me bedridden or anything of the sort, but still the day in and day out is a struggle. I still see a long path ahead until I feel normal but honestly, I know after I make it to the other side, life is going to be leagues better than I think it's ever been with the gratitude I have found for a functioning mind and body. Also some ancillary benefits to the protocol, I am now in pretty damn good shape and I'm hearing about it from everybody I know, can't wait to see where I'm at in four months. My confidence is also higher than ever, took a girl out on a date the other week and she was sucked in to me, don't think i've ever made a girl laugh that hard on a date ever. Following in @Outlaw 's footsteps, I'll post some progress pictures since I think they may serve as some inspiration to people considering taking the protocol on. The first is back in August 2021 after my first full week in the gym since this ordeal. The second one was taken yesterday, this December of 2021. Hope all is well with you all and keep pushing.

Flapjack

IMG_7435.jpg IMG_7436.jpg
    Last edited by Flapjack; 12-12-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

It's been about a month since my last update. I'll keep this one succinct.
    I just took a new job and moved a short distance to a new city, it has been an incredibly busy month to say the least. Following the protocol during a move has been a challenge and I basically slipped to about 40% of the protocol while I was getting established here. Thankfully the chaos has mostly settled and I have returned to a consistent regimen over the past week or so. Shortcomings aside, this is undoubtedly the best I have felt since I stopped taking finasteride back in April. Libido fluctuates between okay and normal, but still seldom reaches ravenous levels. Sleep is still my main struggle but the oppressive fatigue I struggled with for months is now more of an inconvenience than an all consuming burden. anxiety and depressive symptoms are okay, again, not enough to leave me bedridden or anything of the sort, but still the day in and day out is a struggle. I still see a long path ahead until I feel normal but honestly, I know after I make it to the other side, life is going to be leagues better than I think it's ever been with the gratitude I have found for a functioning mind and body. Also some ancillary benefits to the protocol, I am now in pretty damn good shape and I'm hearing about it from everybody I know, can't wait to see where I'm at in four months. My confidence is also higher than ever, took a girl out on a date the other week and she was sucked in to me, don't think i've ever made a girl laugh that hard on a date ever. Following in @Outlaw 's footsteps, I'll post some progress pictures since I think they may serve as some inspiration to people considering taking the protocol on. The first is back in August 2021 after my first full week in the gym since this ordeal. The second one was taken yesterday, this December of 2021. Hope all is well with you all and keep pushing.

Flapjack

IMG_7435.jpg IMG_7436.jpg
    Greaaat progress man. It's nice to see there are human beings behind the usernames.

Yeah no choice but to see it longterm, and if the road is shorter it's gonna be a bonus. Considering my state I don't expect my recovery to happen in 2022, but summer 2023 might very be well be my long awaited Hide your daughter Season.

Looking forward to yours too. Until then it's training camp season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greaaat progress man. It's nice to see there are human beings behind the usernames.

Yeah no choice but to see it longterm, and if the road is shorter it's gonna be a bonus. Considering my state I don't expect my recovery to happen in 2022, but summer 2023 might very be well be my long awaited Hide your daughter Season.

Looking forward to yours too. Until then it's training camp season.
    fuck haha hide your daughters, love it.

yep. Just wake up and do each day right. it's less daunting that way instead of speculating about the length of the road ahead. day by day.