User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B vitamin crash?

Hey all,

I recently provided an update just detailing my improvements. Pretty much at 90-95%.
    Well the other day I put some fortified yeast on a meal, only afterwards finding on the label that the yeast contains 500%DV of a ton of different B vitamins including folic acid. The next day the fatigue reminiscent of my post-crash days came back out of nowhere. I haven’t had it this bad in months. Could the yeast be to blame? I’m concerned after reading outlaw and turnover’s stories, with how these vitamins essentially kicked off an entirely new issue with methylation and paradoxical folate deficiency.

Best,

Flapjack
    Last edited by Flapjack; 08-10-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tagging @Outlaw and @Turnover25 for their thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jump on an immediate 48 hour waterfast to clear out your system. Then assess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably going to, not sure how to “assess” afterwards though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assess your baseline. Figure out how you're feeling compared to prior to crash.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just completed a short water fast. Feeling slightly better but the fatigue is still here. I can sleep fine, which was something I could not when I first crashed l, so that’s a good sign, but I’m scared. I’ve made a lot of progress and I find it hard to stomach that I could be set back months/years again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I’m still having a setback. Hard to really say If the yeast is what did it but it feels like I just lost six months of steady progress.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Unfortunately I’m still having a setback. Hard to really say If the yeast is what did it but it feels like I just lost six months of steady progress.
    I may FEEL like that, but it's not. Skip it next time and simply continue on. That's all you can do.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to take a break from the internet but I got the notification from the tag. Hopefully I can help a bit.

Folic acid is bad stuff for us, indeed. Explained shortly, folic acid competes with natural folate for absorption, and always wins the race. Which means that when you increase folic acid, you are basically creating a natural folate deficiency. Given that the methylation cycle is impaired with PFS, this folate deficiency can have bigger consequences for us than for normal people.

If it's a paradoxical folate deficiency, you could try fixing in by doing what Turnover did. I was so fucked, and so scared, that I didn't have the balls to. Looking back retroactively, I probably should've.

However in another light, I am grateful I didn't, because it led me to learning a shitload about gut, methylation and mitochondria. I am currently treating my very-specific issues and I'm seeing improvements. I will make a post about what I did once I'm done treating them.

Basically, I just wanna say that this issue is 100% reversible man, even if you do nothing about it because you're scared (like I did). Right now my ears are worse than last year obviously, but the rest has improved: sleep, mental, muscles, sexual. Still galaxies from being recovered, but the state I was in last fall was pure hell, so everything is relative.

I would make sure I get a lot of B12 and folate from the diet, and obviously avoid folic acid. If your methylation is indeed blocked, you will definitely know it in the upcoming weeks. My crash took around 6 weeks to manifest, and it was pure hell. I think Turnover was in big trouble too. From what you're saying you don't look that bad, so that's a good sign man.

You got this man, sending you good vibes.
    Last edited by Outlaw; 08-31-2022 at 05:16 PM. Reason: dont want to direct people's attention away from TMO with my specific problems

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same reaction when I tried making a sauce with some nutritional yeast once. Got hit with some pretty bad fatigue but it resolved in a few days