User Tag List

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Hey letsgo, was wondering how the legal practice was going. Been a while since we spoke, so keen on updates.
    Hey Mung, the business is going well — As for PFS, now I’m on the bandwagon and implementing it fully, with the 2x breathing, 1x meditation, and 1x cold water per day. Already feeling better in terms of energy and whatnot, and my MW has returned although it’s not up to max strength yet. (I know I seem overly concerned with MW.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if a cold shower still counts if you take 2 - 3 deep breaths first, and control your breathing for the first minute? I don’t feel shocked/overwhelmed by the cold when I do it this way so I’m not sure if it’s okay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Does anyone know if a cold shower still counts if you take 2 - 3 deep breaths first, and control your breathing for the first minute? I don’t feel shocked/overwhelmed by the cold when I do it this way so I’m not sure if it’s okay.
    Well, CD actually recommends doing the breath work right before the cold shower to minimize an adrenaline spike, so what you're describing is probably closer to what he recommends than gasping after a sudden shock.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Well, CD actually recommends doing the breath work right before the cold shower to minimize an adrenaline spike, so what you're describing is probably closer to what he recommends than gasping after a sudden shock.
    Thanks, I tried one round before my cold shower today, but my two Wim Hof breathing sessions (3 rounds each) haven’t been lined up exactly with my cold showers so far. I guess I can try doing multiple rounds of the breathing standing up in the shower, but I’m concerned about falling. Maybe just one round in the shower on top of the two full sessions would be okay.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few days ago I felt like I got a good portion of my pleasure back, and OQ as well. Maybe 40% or so. I’ve not really checked/tested lately since I don’t want to do that, but it seems like a good sign. The MW has been inconsistent. When I did fap last week, I didn’t feel a “hangover” / shitty feeling afterwards — instead I felt very sleepy, like pre-PFS.

Banned Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good sign id say

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been doing an additional abbreviated one-round Wim Hof breathing session with the cold showers (on top of the two three-round sessions,) but now I don’t feel any reaction to the cold water. I put the water on max cold during the recovery breath, and let the cold water hit me for a total of two minutes, although my recovery breath hold is only ~20 seconds. Kind of weird. Edit: Previously it would feel mildly uncomfortable, but now it feels like lukewarm water even though I have verified afterwards that the water is actually cold AF.

Sensitivity is still getting better and there aren’t dips back to zero; I don’t think I lost any of my progress from previous times when I was doing most of the protocol for extended periods.

I’ve lost a good chunk of my enthusiasm for the board, NGL, but I’ll make periodic updates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m doing well, I’m making additional progress but I’ve got a significant way to go. The trend has been upward and I never really lost progress even during the (long) times when I stopped. Seems like it would cause a slump (obviously) but when I restarted it would pick back up where I left off / go to a new height.

I think doing a cold shower 30 minutes before working out is the best order to do things. There’s a 1991 Japanese study showing that cold water 30 minutes before a workout boosts LH and T after the workout — but the reverse order does not boost hormones.

Also I’m using the cold pack underwear thing most days, for a few hours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I’ve been doing an additional abbreviated one-round Wim Hof breathing session with the cold showers (on top of the two three-round sessions,) but now I don’t feel any reaction to the cold water. I put the water on max cold during the recovery breath, and let the cold water hit me for a total of two minutes, although my recovery breath hold is only ~20 seconds. Kind of weird. Edit: Previously it would feel mildly uncomfortable, but now it feels like lukewarm water even though I have verified afterwards that the water is actually cold AF.

Sensitivity is still getting better and there aren’t dips back to zero; I don’t think I lost any of my progress from previous times when I was doing most of the protocol for extended periods.

I’ve lost a good chunk of my enthusiasm for the board, NGL, but I’ll make periodic updates.
    Do you not want to try the prohormones?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are still getting the benefits of 5he cold shower even if you dont feel a shock. In fact, if I understand CD correctly, thats actually the best way to do it...
    Also, I must say, in my own experience, the testicle icing is probably the single most important thing not specifically listed in the protocol that I have been doing, so I'm happy to hear someone else is doing this...just to let you know, the studies done on this suggest at least 2 months before a notable rise in hormones from it, so stick with it for the long term...i see it as an extension of the cold showers really, but its little inconvenient to hope in the shower 4 times a day, whereas stuffing an ice pack down there is relatively simplistic