User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Muay Thai and wrestling and/or bjj definitely. An experienced muay thai fighter will crush an experienced boxer, period. I've seen it, it's not even fair.
    True. Most fights end up on the ground anyway. If not, it's easy to get it on the ground.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Things To Do In Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Muay Thai and wrestling and/or bjj definitely. An experienced muay thai fighter will crush an experienced boxer, period. I've seen it, it's not even fair.
    This was a real street fight? Lol.. who you hang out with man.

In the UFC though, agree with you when it comes to those guys.. we’re talking all things being elite though ..an elite wrestler will make a stand up guy submit (Khabib vs McGregor)

Jon Jones aside from being long & athletic is pretty good at wrestling & Muay Thai & he kicks everyone’s ass generally with ease.. boxing is actually his weakness.. the spinning elbows, knees, head kicks, shin kicks, oblique kicks, are just too much for guys.. it’s so unorthodox too, your fucking guys up from different angles.

I always thought boxing was a good starting point if you don’t know shit like me & fight out of fear. just to get basics down, punching correctly, getting the most out of it mechanically, slipping punches etc. then you venture out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol coming out of left field. more important than fighting, guys need to learn social skills. I've interacted with thousands of people and never had to get into a fight because I disarm people with my words XD and investing in your social skills will also help you with business, family, women. Unless you want to practice your ground and pound at work / family reunion jks XD

even the most proficient fighters would rather not get into a fight. even if you're elite level you still take some damage. had the priveledge to meet george st pierre. several times in montreal clubbing and he's the nicest guy and hates fighting but it's a necessary evil for his goals and his talent. Most importantly it's about laying aside your ego. It's when guys let their ego get their best of them and can't apologize / step down out of ego that I see two guys into the monkey dance into violence.

Just cost/benefit analysis of where I should put my time. I'm 28 now and I think the danger years of fights is done now. Most of the time it's when you're 18-25 that violence is a real possibility. Higher test/energy/ and less wisdom and that age bracket lends to violence. Read some stat that 80% of prisoners are in this age bracket for that fact too.
    Last edited by jacknap; 01-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst Things To Do In Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    lol coming out of left field. more important than fighting, guys need to learn social skills. I've interacted with thousands of people and never had to get into a fight because I disarm people with my words XD and investing in your social skills will also help you with business, family, women. Unless you want to practice your ground and pound at work / family reunion jks XD

even the most proficient fighters would rather not get into a fight. even if you're elite level you still take some damage. had the priveledge to meet george st pierre. several times in montreal clubbing and he's the nicest guy and hates fighting but it's a necessary evil for his goals and his talent. Most importantly it's about laying aside your ego. It's when guys let their ego get their best of them and can't apologize / step down out of ego that I see two guys into the monkey dance into violence.

Just cost/benefit analysis of where I should put my time. I'm 28 now and I think the danger years of fights is done now. Most of the time it's when you're 18-25 that violence is a real possibility. Higher test/energy/ and less wisdom and that age bracket lends to violence. Read some stat that 80% of prisoners are in this age bracket for that fact too.
    Agree. I just want the skills though, I’d like to be a dangerous person if fucked with. Or at least feel somewhat confident in that situation rather than being scared out my ass regardless if I was the one kicking ass or getting my ass kicked.

No one wants to fight. Not like imma walk around being a dick now that I can roundhouse kick people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post

Agree 100% on all points.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"