User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any input on gelatin, sorghum, L-Gutamine, L-tyrosine?

These are 4 supplements (if you can call them all that) that I have been taking daily along with my protocol herbs. I've picked each based on different anecdotal reports found around here and elsewhere relating to PFS/similar issues, but thought it might be good to ask you knowledgable folks here if there is anything I should be aware of with these substances, since I'm taking them every day? Haven't noticed anything negative, but just want any input relating to them that you may feel is valuable. The gelatin is grass-fed, and the sorghum is taken as 30 grams of flour mixed with smoothies or made into pancakes.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    These are 4 supplements (if you can call them all that) that I have been taking daily along with my protocol herbs. I've picked each based on different anecdotal reports found around here and elsewhere relating to PFS/similar issues, but thought it might be good to ask you knowledgable folks here if there is anything I should be aware of with these substances, since I'm taking them every day? Haven't noticed anything negative, but just want any input relating to them that you may feel is valuable. The gelatin is grass-fed, and the sorghum is taken as 30 grams of flour mixed with smoothies or made into pancakes.
    Tyrosine can bring you to the manic side once your levels get caught up.......I wouldn't 0verdue the glutimaine either. The gelatin is great and the sorgum is fine.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Tyrosine can bring you to the manic side once your levels get caught up.......I wouldn't 0verdue the glutimaine either. The gelatin is great and the sorgum is fine.
    Good to know! I've been feeling so well on the mental/emotional side of things for a few weeks now, so I will probably taper down the tyrosine and glutamine and see if theres any noticeable decline, which I doubt there will be. Also, gelatin has a bit of tyrosine in it.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    Good to know! I've been feeling so well on the mental/emotional side of things for a few weeks now, so I will probably taper down the tyrosine and glutamine and see if theres any noticeable decline, which I doubt there will be. Also, gelatin has a bit of tyrosine in it.
    Honestly, if you're fine, just leave it. Until you feel you maybe un-balanced, then just stop and you'll level out nicely. You want to make sure you're topped up anyway.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Honestly, if you're fine, just leave it. Until you feel you maybe un-balanced, then just stop and you'll level out nicely. You want to make sure you're topped up anyway.
    I'm gonna do that, considering the mental space I'm in. Last thing I want to do is create new problems. Do you think gelatin is appropriate to continue taking every day? I initially chose it as a source of glycine and al the other grand things I've read about it, but now I'm wondering if it might be too much extra stuff..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...well I now see again (but just registered) that you said gelatin is great, so ignore the last question. I've read some incredible stuff about it...will continue with it.