User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Ultra Hard is a DHT prohormone so it is going to have minimal increase in testosterone if at all, and it will be through the pathway I mentioned above. I wouldn’t be concerned about your test levels there. The main thing you will have impact on there is DHT levels, thyroid, cholesterol, and estrogen. You should also see impact from increased neurosteroids as well.
    Would ultrahard increase estrogen? I’m about to start my cycle but I’m estrogen dominant right now so I need a little bit more reassurance to get me over the fence..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had 895ng/dL in December 2019 and that was when I wasn’t doing any exercise or supplements at all. Yet I still had PFS symptoms. Don’t worry about hormone numbers, they are almost useless. Pfs must be a receptor issue.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Would ultrahard increase estrogen? I’m about to start my cycle but I’m estrogen dominant right now so I need a little bit more reassurance to get me over the fence..
    Ultra Hard will only affect estrogen by lowering it. It will be fine.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    I had 895ng/dL in December 2019 and that was when I wasn’t doing any exercise or supplements at all. Yet I still had PFS symptoms. Don’t worry about hormone numbers, they are almost useless. Pfs must be a receptor issue.
    One mustn't forget, however, that to regulate libido, DHT is also needed. If anything, high testosterone (outside the ranges) is a sign that the testosterone is not being 5-alpha reduced into DHT.

If one wants to use blood tests for PFS, they are useful for identifying issues with enzymes, i.e. high progesterone means that type 1 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to 5a-DHP and then to allopreganolone, high DHEA means type 3 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to androsterone etc.

Other than that though blood tests can be a little weird.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100 percent it’s a receptor issue and altered hormone levels. Protocol I pray fixes all of THIS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    One mustn't forget, however, that to regulate libido, DHT is also needed. If anything, high testosterone (outside the ranges) is a sign that the testosterone is not being 5-alpha reduced into DHT.

If one wants to use blood tests for PFS, they are useful for identifying issues with enzymes, i.e. high progesterone means that type 1 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to 5a-DHP and then to allopreganolone, high DHEA means type 3 5 alpha reductase is not being converted to androsterone etc.

Other than that though blood tests can be a little weird.
    True, for instance my DHT was about normal, near 55, but that's not proportionate to the testosterone at all. But still, you're looking at a non-hormonal issue there, you're talking about microcellular organs like receptors and enzymes. I never really cared for hormone levels. They mean nothing. I've had moments where my T was probably super lower, like when I tore my shoulder and was sedentary, and I didn't notice any change in my symptoms.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, for instance my DHT was about normal, near 55, but that's not proportionate to the testosterone at all. But still, you're looking at a non-hormonal issue there, you're talking about microcellular organs like receptors and enzymes. I never really cared for hormone levels. They mean nothing. I've had moments where my T was probably super lower, like when I tore my shoulder and was sedentary, and I didn't notice any change in my symptoms.
    I don't know man. If anything, androgen and GABA receptors are upregulated in PFS meaning that you are more sensitive to hormones and neurotransmitters.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know man. If anything, androgen and GABA receptors are upregulated in PFS meaning that you are more sensitive to hormones and neurotransmitters.
    This is a bit of a stretch. If you were MORE sensitive to hormones you would have less issues. If anything, you're less sensitive to hormones in pfs.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This is a bit of a stretch. If you were MORE sensitive to hormones you would have less issues. If anything, you're less sensitive to hormones in pfs.
    I think it's more complicated than people give think. If it was just a case of making people more sensitive to androgens, then doing steroid cycles would cure people, since following steroid use, androgen receptors are upregulated, however it's true that if anything, people are worse after a steroid cycle.

With GABA receptors, it's obvious, however, that the lack of allopreganolone is the reason for upregulated GABA receptors i.e. the body is searching for more GABA agonists/ modulators to go back into homeostasis, which of course there aren't. That's also why pretty much everyone recovers their mental sides, albeit temporarily, while on 5a-DHP.

I also wanted to know your advice on Zuranolone actually @Cdsnuts. It's designed to replicate allopregnanolone, and if it's released, could prove extremely beneficial as an addition to the regimen.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's more complicated than people give think. If it was just a case of making people more sensitive to androgens, then doing steroid cycles would cure people, since following steroid use, androgen receptors are upregulated, however it's true that if anything, people are worse after a steroid cycle.

With GABA receptors, it's obvious, however, that the lack of allopreganolone is the reason for upregulated GABA receptors i.e. the body is searching for more GABA agonists/ modulators to go back into homeostasis, which of course there aren't. That's also why pretty much everyone recovers their mental sides, albeit temporarily, while on 5a-DHP.

I also wanted to know your advice on Zuranolone actually @Cdsnuts. It's designed to replicate allopregnanolone, and if it's released, could prove extremely beneficial as an addition to the regimen.
    Of course it is....but at the same time, the reason for it is not.

I was simply stating that you are less sensitive to hormones while in a pfs state, regardless of mechanism. I agree with everything else you're saying.

It could be.....but then again it would depend on the way it's designed. Because it's a pharmaceutical, unfortunately it will always come with a price to pay. Pharmaceuticals are really, really good at making the body incapable of working without them once they sink their hooks in. I most likely would not recommend it during the protocol.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"