User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post I love my son and need help

I live in South America and I’m the mom of a 19-year-old that is going through an awful time starting from when he started taking finisteride 1 year and ½ ago due to hair loss which he took until a month ago when he stopped taking it. During the time while he was taking it, he was hospitalized twice with psychotic episodes and was given far too many meds and we later realized it was due to the finisteride and he had no diagnosed mental problems.

It has truly been a rollercoaster of emotions and physical side effects of this damn drug which seems to have drained him of his self being and I am extremally worried pissed off and saddened , he used to enjoy listening to music and reading a lot of books, exercising, riding his bike, working out with weights, generally but at this time he cannot do any of this because when he does, he feels fatigued and is worse. He has a range of symptoms like the following: depression, panic attacks, loss of libido, anhedonia, chronic fatigue, less muscle and less strength, anxiety, mental fog, awaking in the night, suicidal ideations, despair, testicular pain, amongst other.

He did feel better during 3 days where he was with enhanced mental capacities and taking interest in various areas and a little better physically.
    He is at this time taking vitamin B6, K, zinc, and magnesium citrate.
    Today he had a mini crash of some sorts, he took some tribulus pills and made him worse. The few times he has done exercise, he has felt way worse. On one occation he went to the supermarket on his bike and felt significantly worse afterwards. Why exactly does this happen? Is this some kind of androgen sensitivity in regards of androgenic herbs and exercise? If so, will this change with time?
    My question is basically how he can reactivate his 5AR enzymes and to build up his androgen levels and if there is anyone who has recovered whom I can speak to personally?,

I fear that my son is near collapse and I don't trully know how to handle this or trully cheer him up; well more than cheering him up, I want to inspire him with someone who has personally recovered - show him that there's a way out of this hell.

Thanks for reading guys.
    Last edited by Kate; 02-03-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate View Post
    I live in South America and I’m the mom of a 19-year-old that is going through an awful time starting from when he started taking finisteride 1 year and ½ ago due to hair loss which he took until a month ago when he stopped taking it. During the time while he was taking it, he was hospitalized twice with psychotic episodes and was given far too many meds and we later realized it was due to the finisteride and he had no diagnosed mental problems.

It has truly been a rollercoaster of emotions and physical side effects of this damn drug which seems to have drained him of his self being and I am extremally worried pissed off and saddened , he used to enjoy listening to music and reading a lot of books, exercising, riding his bike, working out with weights, generally but at this time he cannot do any of this because when he does, he feels fatigued and is worse. He has a range of symptoms like the following: depression, panic attacks, loss of libido, anhedonia, chronic fatigue, less muscle and less strength, anxiety, mental fog, awaking in the night, suicidal ideations, despair, testicular pain, amongst other.

He did feel better during 3 days where he was with enhanced mental capacities and taking interest in various areas and a little better physically.
    Today he had a mini crash of some sorts, he took some tribulus pills and made him worse. The few times he has done exercise, he has felt way worse. On one occation he went to the supermarket on his bike and felt significantly worse afterwards. Why exactly does this happen? Is this some kind of androgen sensitivity in regards of androgenic herbs and exercise? If so, will this change with time?
    My question is basically how he can reactivate his 5AR enzymes and to build up his androgen levels and if there is anyone who has recovered whom I can speak to personally?,

I fear that my son is near collapse and I don't trully know how to handle this or trully cheer him up; well more than cheering him up, I want to inspire him with someone who has personally recovered - show him that there's a way out of this hell.

Thanks for reading guys.

I’m not recovered but I think he should start taking antidepressants if the situation is unbearable. If tribulus didn’t work well for him, he should try other brands or other herbs. I don’t know if it’s a good idea taking too many vitamins, I got bad reactions from vitamin D and omega 3. So maybe less is more.

I also think too many exercises can be bad if he has adrenal/cortisol problems. A lot of guys in the early stages has suicidal thoughts and depression, it’s neurotransmitter thing that will subside when he starts to improve, it’s actually the first thing to recover (depression) so he needs to understand that this is beateble and read recoveries to see that it’s possible. That’s what I did when I was at my worst.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianguy View Post
    I’m not recovered but I think he should start taking antidepressants if the situation is unbearable. If tribulus didn’t work well for him, he should try other brands or other herbs. I don’t know if it’s a good idea taking too many vitamins, I got bad reactions from vitamin D and omega 3. So maybe less is more.

I also think too many exercises can be bad if he has adrenal/cortisol problems. A lot of guys in the early stages has suicidal thoughts and depression, it’s neurotransmitter thing that will subside when he starts to improve, it’s actually the first thing to recover (depression) so he needs to understand that this is beateble and read recoveries to see that it’s possible. That’s what I did when I was at my worst.
    I wouldn’t be quick to jump on antidepressants. Most of them, especially SSRIs, are known to reduce libido and cause other sexual side effects. They also tend to increase the risk of suicide, and many have “black box” warnings to that effect.

Treat the cause, not the symptom. The program outlined by CDnuts has had a lot of success for many men, however, you have to be dedicated or it won’t work. Most men are too lazy to do it.

Exercise is shown to reduce depression more than antidepressants, without any negative side effects, so I think that that is important to start. Yes, it will be unpleasant to force oneself to exercise when one is depressed, but over time, it helps. Meditating is also very helpful, as is eating healthier.

But overall, I’d just recommend the CDnuts protocol, and do not fall into the trap of trying random medications that random people on other message boards recommend.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for reading guys.
    Hi Kate - firstly very sorry to see you here. First message is recoveries are very possible and your son has MUCH youth on his side! I should probably mention that sometimes people even recover on their own, so don't take anything too extreme to try and fix this. Or even at all if possible.

What we'll recommend here is the protocol on Total Male Optimization along with the herb rotation, pretty much read and do the advice linked there and time/commitment will do the rest.

Do be supportive for your son (which it looks like you are doing of course,) the situation this leaves a man in is terrible, but it does and will get easier. In the difficult times, stick to the routines as far as possible; they'll help after a little time and then the benefits will keep coming and keep coming.

Once he's better he'll be a totally different person. It'll be a life-experience for sure.

Everyone here wishes you all the best, please do stay and don't be afraid to ask us anything at all. DO NOT visit a site called propeciahelp.com. Ever.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should get on the CD Nuts protocol listed on this forum and totalmaleoptimization asap. And read the recovery threads in this section. Never under any circumstances take any more finasteride or any other kind of hair loss treatment, they all reduce male hormones and basically chemically castrate a man. And as others have said, don't go on the site propeciahelp, it's just a bunch of negative people complaining and suggesting unscientific methods.

He's definitely not the only one to experience this, there is actually a legal class action against the finasteride manufacturer of people who have had horrible side effects and want justice or action taken.
    Last edited by carsot8; 02-04-2019 at 06:43 AM.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some of his recent blood results:
    Stridol pg/ml 15.5- his results

Percentile 2.5= 28.5
    Medium = 36.1
    Percentile 97.5= 60.7
    _________
    Progesterone pg/ml 0.33-his results

Upto 0.15 pg/ml
    _________
    LH mUI/mL 3.3 - his results

1.7 - 8.6 mUI/mL
    _________
    FSH mUI/mL 6.4 - his results

1.5 - 12.4 mUI/mL
    _________
    Prolactin 5.8 - his results

4.04-15.8
    ________
    Total testestorone - ng/dL 402.0

Age 20 - 49 - 249 - 836
    Older than 50 - 193 - 740

Age 20 - 49 - 16.5 - 55.9 nmol/L
    Older or equal to 50 - 19.3 - 76.4 nmol/L

Age 20 - 49 - 8.64 - 29
    0lder than 50 - 6.68 - 25.7

Less than 2.5 mUI/mL

Cortisol AM : 5.0 - 25.0 ug/dL

80- 560

250-750 pg/ml

117 - 323 ng/ml

0.4 - 4.0

191 - 663

Sufficient: mayor o igual a 30 ng/mL
    Insufficient: entre 20 - 29 ng/mL
    Defecit: menor de 20 ng/mL
    After he took the tribulus all the progress went away.
    His sleep has been really bad lately and this worries me any advise on how to better this?
    Last edited by Kate; 02-04-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some of his recent blood results:
    Stridol pg/ml 15.5- his results

Percentile 2.5= 28.5
    Medium = 36.1
    Percentile 97.5= 60.7
    _________
    Progesterone pg/ml 0.33-his results

Upto 0.15 pg/ml
    _________
    LH mUI/mL 3.3 - his results

1.7 - 8.6 mUI/mL
    _________
    FSH mUI/mL 6.4 - his results

1.5 - 12.4 mUI/mL
    _________
    Prolactin 5.8 - his results

4.04-15.8
    ________
    Total testestorone - ng/dL 402.0

Age 20 - 49 - 249 - 836
    Older than 50 - 193 - 740

Age 20 - 49 - 16.5 - 55.9 nmol/L
    Older or equal to 50 - 19.3 - 76.4 nmol/L

Age 20 - 49 - 8.64 - 29
    0lder than 50 - 6.68 - 25.7
    After he took the tribulus all the progress went away.
    His sleep has been really shitty also lately.
    His estradiol is too low, that's the cause of his depression and suicidal thoughts. He needs to see ways of increasing it, the best way to increase is by increasing testosterone. Maybe he could try one thing called triptorelin, but its too strong, so read a lot about it before deciding to take it (it will increase testosterone and estradiol). I think would be a good idea to read about Apr1989 (its a recovered guy from propeciahelp forum) he had low T and low estradiol, he took triptorelin just one shot and his testosterone got stable at a high level. He could also try HCG with a doctor.

Guys won't be covered me up as much. But if he felt worse doing exercises, maybe he should try only other things. Ask him to call me on skype, I talked to him in the past. He needs to increase his estradiol to 22 at least, and it can't be more than 30.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianguy View Post
    His estradiol is too low, that's the cause of his depression and suicidal thoughts. He needs to see ways of increasing it, the best way to increase is by increasing testosterone. Maybe he could try one thing called triptorelin, but its too strong, so read a lot about it before deciding to take it (it will increase testosterone and estradiol). I think would be a good idea to read about Apr1989 (its a recovered guy from propeciahelp forum) he had low T and low estradiol, he took triptorelin just one shot and his testosterone got stable at a high level. He could also try HCG with a doctor.

Guys won't be covered me up as much. But if he felt worse doing exercises, maybe he should try only other things. Ask him to call me on skype, I talked to him in the past. He needs to increase his estradiol to 22 at least, and it can't be more than 30.
    I suggest ignoring this post, and everything else this idiot has said.

Your son has the best chance of recovery if he does an extended fast, and follows the CD protocol long term. Dozens of people on this forum would be more than happy to answer questions you have about the protocol.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't know whatsup with these guys using the forum for social hour and dabbling with protocol.

read everything that cdnuts posted on here. pretty much ignore everyone else except for maxout as well and he'll recover in 6 months to 2 years.

follow what cdnuts did to the letter and he'll be fine. get on it now and faster you'll recover. I've been running at 90% recovered past month so I'm almost done with this chapter of my life because I followed the blue print and didn't sway. some of the people here can be good support but a lot of people will easily dissuade you from staying on the path. Rick was about to drop andro after many people were saying to drop it but I told him to just stay on it unless he's getting very bad signs not just a little discomfort. discomfort is what's needed to get past this and that's why not everyone recovers you need mental strength for this.

durantia good on you for saying this cuz I thought it no offence brazil dude. I hope you know what's best for you but IMO you should power through and just do the cdnuts protocol. You don't need anti-depressants they've helped no one and just make it harder to start on the protocol.

There has been anecdotal evidence the anti-depressant remeron has helped people but my friend who reported that is a bit wishy washy and don't know if I can fully trust how recovered he is. I trust CD and maxout the most when it comes to this thing don't be persuaded by every random user on here including me because i'm not recovered but yeah read everything cdnuts posted that's more then enough info to keep you busy and on it. If you follow it your son will come out a better man and stronger then he was before so don't worry about it, get to work.

another user entropy was 19 when he got pfs as well and was one of the fastest recoveries probably because of his age so ya'll might be lucky
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I suggest ignoring this post, and everything else this idiot has said.

Your son has the best chance of recovery if he does an extended fast, and follows the CD protocol long term. Dozens of people on this forum would be more than happy to answer questions you have about the protocol.
    Thanks for calling me an idiot. I think only idiots can recognize others.

Guys, I talked to human couple times, he told me he was feeling suicidal, Fausto told me the same and Fausto is taking ssri and it’s still recovering following the protocol. I think you guys should support more instead of just talking here. It’s not that easy to say follow the protocol and you’re ok. It’s not that simple, if a person has severe adrenal fatigue, this person will end up even worse after a fast or during a paleo diet. With adrenal fatigue some exercises will be worse for adrenals because it will increase cortisol. The rest is great for everybody.