User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    For carb backloading, what are your carb sources of choice? Do I just implement the carbs which don't contain gluten, like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, bananas, yams, etc? It didn't specifically say on the site, and I understand that potatoes are largely considerend non-Paleo. Just wanted to be sure about this. Thanks.
    It does say on the site. Non-glutenous complex carbs including potatoes. Sums it up nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    When your further along in your journey, you can add in gluten free snacks for variety.. just the other day I had pasta & bread; then after I had gluten free chocolate chip cookies and dipped them in goats milk.. I backload HARD, stuff my face with all kinds of stuff.. Really good mentally, takes the pressure off yourself to just eat salads all the time, although I enjoy that as well..

Please Don’t do this cause it will turn into a cycle but you can sometimes get away with a cheat meal after workouts, not the best option but your body can use the sugars.. but stay on the straight & narrow... I’m just saying if you was to slip up, after a workout at night in your backloading time would be the lesser evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't want to encourage this, but if and when you do cheat, the backloading window is definitely the time to do so. You may as well get some benefit out of it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input guys. Very helpful! Starting my Juice feast here shortly before PT school starts. Going to be hard as shit, and i'm going to lose the rest of the muscle on my body. I just pray that I'm able to build it back.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input guys. Very helpful! Starting my Juice feast here shortly before PT school starts. Going to be hard as shit, and i'm going to lose the rest of the muscle on my body. I just pray that I'm able to build it back.
    If you think it's going to be hard as shit then it's going to be. Try not to think in those terms. It is what you make it. Most guys are pleasantly surprised by how they feel on the feast. Stay positive. Always think of the positives, not the negative. You get to choose your mindset so you may as well choose in your favor. Not just for the feast, but for ALL in life.

No need for prayer here. It's simple science. The muscle you put back on will be of better quality and you'll be that much closer to being recovered. It's just a cleanse man. You're not going through chemo....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are good tips to avoid excess sugars during the juice feast? While researching it, I've read that if you add too many fruits, you essentially have a glass of fructose. Also, i've read that raw cabbage, kale, and collards can suppress thyroid function, and to avoid these while juicing if possible.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What are good tips to avoid excess sugars during the juice feast? While researching it, I've read that if you add too many fruits, you essentially have a glass of fructose. Also, i've read that raw cabbage, kale, and collards can suppress thyroid function, and to avoid these while juicing if possible.
    Dude....don't take this the wrong way, but you're making this harder then it has to be. As mentioned several times by several different people including myself.......follow......the.....protocol. Period.

The instructions are on the website. No more research needs to be done here. It has already been done for you. Every avenue has been approached, studied and settled on. The only thing you have to do, is do it.

Stop making things difficult for yourself and just let go and jump in with both feet.

There are no "excess sugars" to avoid. This is all you're going to be taking in during this time and you want every drop you can get.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-07-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood. Thank you.