User Tag List

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats Turnover. Big accomplishment, but the biggest accomplishment is going to be regaining your health. Once that is done, you're going to feel like you can conquer anything. Keep at it man.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Congrats Turnover. Big accomplishment, but the biggest accomplishment is going to be regaining your health. Once that is done, you're going to feel like you can conquer anything. Keep at it man.
    Thanks man, I definitely agree. I’ll keep at it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Congrats on graduating college mate. Don't know how you did it, I'm struggling in my first year in college with the sides. Fair play
    Thanks man. It was extremely challenging to say the least. Fogginess, inability to handle stress, anxiety, low motivation, low stress tolerance/information overload, and hard time looking at laptop screens all played a part in making it a tough road. The key is to keep pushing, it'll be uncomfortable but you CAN get it done. I study finance so I had to figure out a lot of math, managing portfolios, market behavior, excel spreadsheets, all sorts of complex stuff. Just goes to show that you can still accomplish whatever you want. And after you're healed, you'll look back and be proud you didn't give up. Keep on pushing through man!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, looking for some input, @Cdsnuts really you specifically, but anyone with some advice would be appreciated.

So it's been about 2 months since my methylfolate incident, I don't want to alarm anyone but I am beginning to think I may have crashed again. Back in March I landed in the ER and my best guess is that I tanked my potassium. I fixed my initial crash with some potassium but it is only temporary, and I've been fighting off my crash symptoms for 2 straight months, it seems my electrolytes are just way screwed up. I have developed insomnia, racing heart, face wrinkles, and just a deep deep dark depression, especially when I wake up. I can fend it off if I take sodium and potassium, then it fades and I sink back into it. My brain fog is becoming utter confusion, and my derealization is at a weird point where I don't really recognize my parents. I read a lot of guys crashes that went exactly like how its going for me now, which is why I think PFS has some effect on electrolytes. I read that issues with the adrenal glands can cause the body to store sodium and dump potassium, and vice versa. Interesting stuff to say the least.

I want to point out that I am NOT freaking out. There could be many different things going on, and maybe I'll get a better understanding of PFS through all this that I can help people with in the future. I'm getting some tests done soon to see if I have a gene mutation called MTHFR, I did a nutritional deficiency test that showed I was highly deficient in vitamin B9 (folate), so that might explain why I'm deficient and my experience with methylfolate. Initially, I felt AMAZING then I crashed because I didn't take it correctly.

It's really weird, since 2 months ago I can't handle foods with methylfolate in them (veggies) and in order to eat them I need to supplement potassium. I don't want to keep doing this for obvious reasons. But the whole experience has made the protocol kind of a bitch, foods are harsh for me, and also exercise is causing insomnia. Definitely a weird spot to be in for sure, but my hope for this post is to be able to look back at it a year from now and be glad its over, or to help others in the future. If you're going to supplement things off of the protocol, run it through the forum first. Methylfolate is just a form a vitamin B9, I didn't know the difference, but a quick post about it would have probably saved me the experience because others knew that methylated vitamins can be harsh. You don't want to get crash symptoms from something other than fin, because then you've stepped into uncharted territory, so to speak.

Anyways, I guess theres nothing I can do at this point besides keep on the protocol? I just did some breathing exercises and I'm gonna take a cold shower and try and sleep, probably just have to ride this out. I was thinking of maybe trying a 4 day wateriest but if there is an issue with low electrolytes I'm worried that I'd do more damage. Its been a rollercoaster of ups and downs for 2 months so maybe downswings? I noticed I have more of my memory back. The only thing is it doesn't FEEL like downswings. The ups and downs really just come when I take replenish electrolytes or whatever. If any recovered guys have any input about their ups and downs that may be helpful. Is it even possible that I'm experiencing a PFS type crash, or do you think it's a separate issue that'll resolve itself?

Keep pushing boys!

By the way I know my last 2 updates are contradicting, that’s honestly how crazy I’m fluctuating right now. Hopefully a good sign.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-25-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey guys, looking for some input, @Cdsnuts really you specifically, but anyone with some advice would be appreciated.

So it's been about 2 months since my methylfolate incident, I don't want to alarm anyone but I am beginning to think I may have crashed again. Back in March I landed in the ER and my best guess is that I tanked my potassium. I fixed my initial crash with some potassium but it is only temporary, and I've been fighting off my crash symptoms for 2 straight months, it seems my electrolytes are just way screwed up. I have developed insomnia, racing heart, face wrinkles, and just a deep deep dark depression, especially when I wake up. I can fend it off if I take sodium and potassium, then it fades and I sink back into it. My brain fog is becoming utter confusion, and my derealization is at a weird point where I don't really recognize my parents. I read a lot of guys crashes that went exactly like how its going for me now, which is why I think PFS has some effect on electrolytes. I read that issues with the adrenal glands can cause the body to store sodium and dump potassium, and vice versa. Interesting stuff to say the least.

I want to point out that I am NOT freaking out. There could be many different things going on, and maybe I'll get a better understanding of PFS through all this that I can help people with in the future. I'm getting some tests done soon to see if I have a gene mutation called MTHFR, I did a nutritional deficiency test that showed I was highly deficient in vitamin B9 (folate), so that might explain why I'm deficient and my experience with methylfolate. Initially, I felt AMAZING then I crashed because I didn't take it correctly.

It's really weird, since 2 months ago I can't handle foods with methylfolate in them (veggies) and in order to eat them I need to supplement potassium. I don't want to keep doing this for obvious reasons. But the whole experience has made the protocol kind of a bitch, foods are harsh for me, and also exercise is causing insomnia. Definitely a weird spot to be in for sure, but my hope for this post is to be able to look back at it a year from now and be glad its over, or to help others in the future. If you're going to supplement things off of the protocol, run it through the forum first. Methylfolate is just a form a vitamin B9, I didn't know the difference, but a quick post about it would have probably saved me the experience because others knew that methylated vitamins can be harsh. You don't want to get crash symptoms from something other than fin, because then you've stepped into uncharted territory, so to speak.

Anyways, I guess theres nothing I can do at this point besides keep on the protocol? I just did some breathing exercises and I'm gonna take a cold shower and try and sleep, probably just have to ride this out. I was thinking of maybe trying a 4 day wateriest but if there is an issue with low electrolytes I'm worried that I'd do more damage. Its been a rollercoaster of ups and downs for 2 months so maybe downswings? I noticed I have more of my memory back. The only thing is it doesn't FEEL like downswings. The ups and downs really just come when I take replenish electrolytes or whatever. If any recovered guys have any input about their ups and downs that may be helpful. Is it even possible that I'm experiencing a PFS type crash, or do you think it's a separate issue that'll resolve itself?

Keep pushing boys!

By the way I know my last 2 updates are contradicting, that’s honestly how crazy I’m fluctuating right now. Hopefully a good sign.
    I think given the nature of what you have going on, you should do a two week juice feast. Stop EVERYTHING and juice. Then after two weeks start back up on the protocol. I think you need a mini jump start. Once back on the protocol, follow it 100%. No adding things in or swapping things out, follow exactly what is laid out for you.

Unfortunately I've seen this several times where some one will be doing well and then they decide to add another type of supplement or change something up and they ALWAYS regret it.

Simply stick to the program.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think given the nature of what you have going on, you should do a two week juice feast. Stop EVERYTHING and juice. Then after two weeks start back up on the protocol. I think you need a mini jump start. Once back on the protocol, follow it 100%. No adding things in or swapping things out, follow exactly what is laid out for you.

Unfortunately I've seen this several times where some one will be doing well and then they decide to add another type of supplement or change something up and they ALWAYS regret it.

Simply stick to the program.
    Yeah I think so too. Thanks for the input boss-man. I actually felt fantastic today, best I’ve felt in a very long time. Felt very clear and present, even happy honestly. I’ll see how I’m feeling in the next couple weeks, if things are still weird I’ll cleanse it out. But I can definitely tell something is “changing” lately.

Started the breathing exercises again last night, this like my 4th attempt, I’ve binned them during college because they gave me panic attacks and I couldn’t study well, but now that I’m done with school I’m going to push through them and see how my body adjusts, I want to keep them. I read further into them and learned about the large detox process that takes place with oxidation so I’m gonna ride it out. I just did my 2nd round today and I can’t believe how calming they are. That final breath in after you’ve let it out for a while is pure bliss.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think so too. Thanks for the input boss-man. I actually felt fantastic today, best I’ve felt in a very long time. Felt very clear and present, even happy honestly. I’ll see how I’m feeling in the next couple weeks, if things are still weird I’ll cleanse it out. But I can definitely tell something is “changing” lately.

Started the breathing exercises again last night, this like my 4th attempt, I’ve binned them during college because they gave me panic attacks and I couldn’t study well, but now that I’m done with school I’m going to push through them and see how my body adjusts, I want to keep them. I read further into them and learned about the large detox process that takes place with oxidation so I’m gonna ride it out. I just did my 2nd round today and I can’t believe how calming they are. That final breath in after you’ve let it out for a while is pure bliss.
    If you want to take this to the next level, do your beathing exercises after you taken a hit or two of some good MJ. You'll feel bliss unlike anything you've felt before. And yes, there can be a very stressful, anxiety ridden mental detox process after you do these exercises. Sometimes they can be TOO intense. If that's the case, stop and go for a couple mile walk. If you have alot pushed down their you may have to take several days, sometimes weeks to "unbury" what is blocked down there.

When I had my first real release, I cried like baby for a good ten minutes. Not just cried, fucking balled like a child having a tantrum. After it was over, I was exhausted, physically and mentally, but I could feel in my core that I was going in the right direction. You'll know, believe me, you'll feel it in your soul.

Keep going man. You're moving along just fine. Just make sure you're alone when you have these releases......lol

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to take this to the next level, do your beathing exercises after you taken a hit or two of some good MJ. You'll feel bliss unlike anything you've felt before. And yes, there can be a very stressful, anxiety ridden mental detox process after you do these exercises. Sometimes they can be TOO intense. If that's the case, stop and go for a couple mile walk. If you have alot pushed down their you may have to take several days, sometimes weeks to "unbury" what is blocked down there.

When I had my first real release, I cried like baby for a good ten minutes. Not just cried, fucking balled like a child having a tantrum. After it was over, I was exhausted, physically and mentally, but I could feel in my core that I was going in the right direction. You'll know, believe me, you'll feel it in your soul.

Keep going man. You're moving along just fine. Just make sure you're alone when you have these releases......lol
    I cried like a bitch last night for no reason, come to think it was the first time I’ve done breathing exercises in months, lol. I never cry, I lack emotion. Even before this I never cried much. Funny, that must have been it haha.

By the way, a few weeks ago I was feeling amazing and stumbled on propeciahelp, it’s funny browsing that site when you feel “normal” as opposed to when you crash. Night and day difference. But I read some of your old posts, it’s funny the difference in your tone of voice. Back in like 2009 you could tell you were scared and desperate, asking other sufferers if they feel this or that. The comparison to then and now is crazy. Also, that place is a complete shit hole. I never visited it again after finding swole source, I even forgot this whole thing was because finesteride honestly, it’s more like “I feel messed up so I need to do this stuff in order to feel better” while a bunch of other people cheer you on, as opposed to people crying about how their life is over. What a mess.

Ok end rant haha

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cried like a bitch last night for no reason, come to think it was the first time I’ve done breathing exercises in months, lol. I never cry, I lack emotion. Even before this I never cried much. Funny, that must have been it haha.

By the way, a few weeks ago I was feeling amazing and stumbled on propeciahelp, it’s funny browsing that site when you feel “normal” as opposed to when you crash. Night and day difference. But I read some of your old posts, it’s funny the difference in your tone of voice. Back in like 2009 you could tell you were scared and desperate, asking other sufferers if they feel this or that. The comparison to then and now is crazy. Also, that place is a complete shit hole. I never visited it again after finding swole source, I even forgot this whole thing was because finesteride honestly, it’s more like “I feel messed up so I need to do this stuff in order to feel better” while a bunch of other people cheer you on, as opposed to people crying about how their life is over. What a mess.

Ok end rant haha
    I WAS scared and desperate, like we all were. I had no blue print, no guidance.....nothing. I know it's hard, but if everyone would just try it, they would get a taste of results and they would do it. But they don't They demonize me and put down some thing that works beyond a shadow of a doubt, but for some reason doesn't fit their narrative.

I'm glad you went back and read those posts. They are what led us here. It was simply a natural progression for all to see. It was very cathartic to me to write about my experiences. It helped me. And I thought if it would help others, win win. Let's face it, we are all doing things out of self interest (whether we like to admit it or not) Writing everything down really helped me cope, and it ended up turning into the "protocol." I had no interest in writing a website before this. None whatsoever. It just naturally happened.

You got this bro. You just gotta keep going.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdsnuts would Cheerios be a gluten free grain good for carb backloading? I know it’s not paleo but since adding them to my diet I feel surprisingly good, especially in the brain fog department. I think it’s the vitamins. Not the greatest food to eat but not the worst either.