User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today is going to be the start of my minimum 7 day water fast. I did two water fast previously one lasted just a day and that was the day after my initial crash and rebound period and I then did a 5 day water fast which then led into ramadan. I don't know if it was a consequence of the water fasts but from then till now the anxiety has gone and the insomnia also. Start feeling tired at around 9ish and tend to wake up around 4-5am each night which is a long way from when my pounding heart rate would not let me rest and my anxiety that stemmed from my gut wouldn't allow me to think straight or get any kind of rest.

I can definetely see this water fast being a lot tougher than previous ones as my appetite is quite high and my mood has improved a lot compared to before but none the less I feel its important to have a good cleanse before healing the body. 

It has been now just over 7 weeks since my crash and in terms of symptoms I would say the only ones that are causing issues are ED (can still get it going by visual stimulation, mentally is more difficult) and not as full as before, my face also which is worrying me as I am not long off the poison and I've seen a lot of changes such as sunken eyes and cheeks and my jaw seems to have sucked the skin into it (worried about potential bone loss and hoping the protocol will stop the changes in its tracks and reverse) and lastly muscle wastage especially around arms and wrists and thighs and calves also hips.

I've purchased 7 herbs from LEH and plan to purchase at least 7 more to have a 14 day cycle, as I do not plan to run a prohormones so I feel the more herbs I have the quicker I can get to where I want to be. 

Overall I'm doing pretty well all things considered and have made noticeable improvements from 7 weeks ago where I thought my life was over. Only frustrating thing is face changes as it is a constant reminder of what has happened and if not for that I would probably say I was 70% of the way there

As a side note I've noticed that the new school of the Cdnuts protocol undergrads seem to be suffering similar sides mainly being physical like @ethanrecovering. I'm sure it wont be long before we are wearing our caps and gowns!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got it man! Keep us updated with the fast.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanrecovering View Post
    You got it man! Keep us updated with the fast.
    Will do my man. So just finished day two of the water fast. Day one was fine only issue was a slight reoccurrence of the pounding heartbeat that used to stop my from sleeping but wasn't enough to do the same this time.

Day two on the other hand during the day was fine I went for a 40 minute walk at a light pace. Felt some pain in my right groin and not sure where that's come from but then when trying to sleep the pounding heartbeat was back in effect and its currently half 1 in the morning and I am struggling to get back to sleep. Really frustrating as for the past 2 weeks my sleep has been great but I assume the high cortisol levels are responsible for these issues right now.

Will continue to stick it out as on my previous water fasts I also had issues early days with sleep which resolved around the 4th day and on my last waterfast ill never forget the 4th day where I felt a mental clarity I hadn't felt in years.

Will come back and update in 2 days or so

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im having the same issue with sleep.... had no pounding heartbeat for a week and managed to sleep 6- 7 hours (broken into two 3 hour blocks) but for the last 4 days sleep has gone down to 2-3 hours..... i know my cortisol is through the roof and causing it.... its like 3 steps forward and 2 back

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPP44 View Post
    Im having the same issue with sleep.... had no pounding heartbeat for a week and managed to sleep 6- 7 hours (broken into two 3 hour blocks) but for the last 4 days sleep has gone down to 2-3 hours..... i know my cortisol is through the roof and causing it.... its like 3 steps forward and 2 back
    Yeah it's just frustrating thinking this is a result of the waterfast because the consequence now is a super shitty day and of course now being worried about how my sleep is going to look in the short term as well as hoping the dreaded anxiety doesn't return.

Have you jumped on the protocol yourself mate?

On a brighter note I purchased 5 more herbs taking my total to 12 and pine pollen which I will take daily

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to update you unfortunately I have cut my water fast after just two days. Not feeling well at all and considering I have recently come off ramadan and was probably in a calorie deficit which could have cause issues. I have decided to go again in 2-3 weeks

I'm extremely angry with myself especially as I want this whole pfs episode behind me ASAP and see this as 2 weeks added to my recovery time especially as my face is seemingly getting more compact and smaller it seems

Also my sleep (which has been a stable 7h minimum for 2 weeks) has gone to shit yesterday managed 3h and today 5h and this has a huge knock on effect I have noticed on my mood and energy levels and also my voice.

As I cannot really progress without cleansing I am still trying to do productive things to at least feel like I've gained knowledge. No lie I think I may have read everyone thread here and certain relatable ones numerous times and I notice this happens way more during downswing and tbh it can be slightly obsessive and addictive which can definetely too much if that makes sense. I mean I will literally put my phone down for 2 minutes then go back on and look at another random thread ive already seen 5x.

Also have a current stash of 12 herbs all of CD's recommended list and majority from LEH. So will purchase at least two more to make it a two week cycle. Only issue that worries me with exercise is it does seem to spike cortisol levels to the point where I struggle to sleep so I will work out early in the morning and hope that does the trick as with my last attempt at exercising I had 2 bad sleeping nights because of it.

Symptom wise it seems to be the case that recoveries tend to start with mental issues then physical issues then finally sexual issues. I've also wondered with prohormones if there was a time scale on how much quicker they would take to get you to 100%. I mean looking at certain threads especially those that didn't want to use them you did get a vibe that they were not consistent with the regiment enough and almost gave in to the PH whereas if they were as consistent as when they first started they would have reached recovery without them like English and Jimmyjonas and not that there is anything wrong with using them I would just avoid it personally.
    It's funny I say this but once I reach 80-85% I'd like to think I'd still be 100% on the protocol and use days like today as motivation the keep moving forward until the day comes where I just realise I'm recovered

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comewhatmay View Post
    Just to update you unfortunately I have cut my water fast after just two days. Not feeling well at all and considering I have recently come off ramadan and was probably in a calorie deficit which could have cause issues. I have decided to go again in 2-3 weeks

I'm extremely angry with myself especially as I want this whole pfs episode behind me ASAP and see this as 2 weeks added to my recovery time especially as my face is seemingly getting more compact and smaller it seems

Also my sleep (which has been a stable 7h minimum for 2 weeks) has gone to shit yesterday managed 3h and today 5h and this has a huge knock on effect I have noticed on my mood and energy levels and also my voice.

As I cannot really progress without cleansing I am still trying to do productive things to at least feel like I've gained knowledge. No lie I think I may have read everyone thread here and certain relatable ones numerous times and I notice this happens way more during downswing and tbh it can be slightly obsessive and addictive which can definetely too much if that makes sense. I mean I will literally put my phone down for 2 minutes then go back on and look at another random thread ive already seen 5x.

Also have a current stash of 12 herbs all of CD's recommended list and majority from LEH. So will purchase at least two more to make it a two week cycle. Only issue that worries me with exercise is it does seem to spike cortisol levels to the point where I struggle to sleep so I will work out early in the morning and hope that does the trick as with my last attempt at exercising I had 2 bad sleeping nights because of it.

Symptom wise it seems to be the case that recoveries tend to start with mental issues then physical issues then finally sexual issues. I've also wondered with prohormones if there was a time scale on how much quicker they would take to get you to 100%. I mean looking at certain threads especially those that didn't want to use them you did get a vibe that they were not consistent with the regiment enough and almost gave in to the PH whereas if they were as consistent as when they first started they would have reached recovery without them like English and Jimmyjonas and not that there is anything wrong with using them I would just avoid it personally.
    It's funny I say this but once I reach 80-85% I'd like to think I'd still be 100% on the protocol and use days like today as motivation the keep moving forward until the day comes where I just realise I'm recovered

Hey man, first off, good attitude toward everything. Saying things like "once I reach 85%" is great, a positive mindset is going to be your best friend and it's the best part of this forum. Something I can relate to, since I actually suffered from OCD before PFS, don't keep re-reading posts during downswings or whatever, get out and live your life. Constantly checking is your minds way of "seeking relief" and it becomes addicting because your brain will release feel good chemicals once you have "convinced" yourself. This becomes addicting, feeds anxiety and can actually develop into OCD or something else. I notice this a lot within the PFS community since I've suffered it my whole life, I make it a point not to fact check constantly, meditation is also key.

Also, don't sweat the water fast, I had a few times where I went 2 days and cut it, but eventually did a 5 day water fast and a 7 day juice feast, and my symptoms all flared up miserably around day 2-4. I was experiencing severe derealization, brain fog, anxiety, light sensitivity, it was miserable, but it all went away after I introduced food again, so don't be too afraid of the fast, you'll feel better after.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey man, first off, good attitude toward everything. Saying things like "once I reach 85%" is great, a positive mindset is going to be your best friend and it's the best part of this forum. Something I can relate to, since I actually suffered from OCD before PFS, don't keep re-reading posts during downswings or whatever, get out and live your life. Constantly checking is your minds way of "seeking relief" and it becomes addicting because your brain will release feel good chemicals once you have "convinced" yourself. This becomes addicting, feeds anxiety and can actually develop into OCD or something else. I notice this a lot within the PFS community since I've suffered it my whole life, I make it a point not to fact check constantly, meditation is also key.

Also, don't sweat the water fast, I had a few times where I went 2 days and cut it, but eventually did a 5 day water fast and a 7 day juice feast, and my symptoms all flared up miserably around day 2-4. I was experiencing severe derealization, brain fog, anxiety, light sensitivity, it was miserable, but it all went away after I introduced food again, so don't be too afraid of the fast, you'll feel better after.
    Thanks for the advice T25 much appreciated. I've just gone over your thread and extremely happy for you to see all the improvements you made. I am actually going to follow in your footsteps and that of TMO which is to fully the protocol step by step as to avoid the pitfalls that I see many people go through such as experimenting dangerously or overtraining.

Today marks 2 months since my crash and there have been many ups and downs particularly sleep and anxiety. The past week my anxiety left 3 days ago which would usually make my sleep better but for some reason that hasn't been the case and its 4am and I cannot sleep a wink. May start the water fast a week earlier than I intended as maybe this can give me some sleep. I feel the lack of sleep may be self inflicted due to symptom watching specifically in the face whereby I look horrific now and have lost collagen and I'm constantly paranoid it could lead to bone loss and dental issues. From what I see of the three main types of side effects and which are physical sexual and mental it seems that mental is the first to heal followed by physical and the sexual which is close enough to how I would like them to go in which order. Cold showers definetely help with anxiety and wim hof too however I did try it today just before bed and I couldn't get over the sleeping line so to speak. I previously did try magnesium citrate for sleeping issues 2 weeks after my crash to enhance my already good sleep at the time but it had the opposite affect whereby I couldn't sleep and had heartburn and felt like my wrist was burning so I assume my body was hot receptive to supps but maybe after the fast this can change.

I have to say there is something therapeutic about writing out issues and what I'm going through and I know currently it's not exactly a message of positivity but it is what it is and bare in mind I am not on the protocol as of yet. Once I complete my waterfast and begin the journey to get my health back I'm sure my posts will be positive and I will try and balance out the ups and downswings as I know it's a lot easier to come here and post when your feeling down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am planning to now start my water fast on Monday and try to go for a week. Symptom wise I am getting very worse especially physically face wise. My jawline is practically shrinking day by day and it's depressing to see and hard to take for sure.
    This usually leads me down a path of checking who else had these symptoms which inevitably leads me to the other site where people had these issues but of course I am yet to find one to recover from them but we all know why that is because you either feel sorry for yourself or you do something about it. To be fair Damn did but my brain wants more validity and assurances which is stupid because there are times when I know how bad I am and where I need to get to and other times like now where I wake up in the middle of the night and wonder how is this happening.

I really hope at this moment it is only subcutaneous fat loss in the face and not bone loss as I believe its easy to fix lack of collagen than lack of bone in the face. I do try and remind myself that it could be worse and I could have mental sides on top of all this. I do also wonder sometimes if prohormones are neccesary in some cases of severe physical symptoms. I notice most people who have moonface (opposite to me) do tend to shake it off on protocol after 8 of so months so hopefully the same can be said for someone coming from the opposite direction. My parents have noticed my face and my mum freaked out and I told her some bs story about the doctors said I'm low on test and I need to do a regimen (CD) for 6 or so months to get looking like I used to as I couldn't bring myself to tell them fin did this to me. Obviously it may be longer than that but once she is used to it extended the time shouldn't be an issue

Bottom line is I honestly can't believe what this poison can do that a man especially in under 10 weeks taking 2 doses. Ultimately I will start the protocol and give it everything I have (due to corona may have to do calisthenics for a while with the gym situation) and my maybe false hope would be that I would see positive facial changes in 6 months and I don't mean healed but at least that there is improvement as from the amount of threads I've seen leading to recovery it seems mental sides clear up first then physical followed by sexual symptoms. I hope as somewhat of a good charm is that I am quite recent off the drug so my body still has a good grasp of what should be my homeostatis therefore snapping back could be quicker than some other people. I don't drink alcohol or use drugs or take gluten so I can't see any major falling off the wagon per day, of course you never know with life.

My hope is once I am on the protocol and know I am doing what I should be I may be able to set and forget as most recovers say. Especially the first sign of positive face changes as then maybe I'll stop freaking out so much especially as all this has happened in lock down and when I go back to work people will definetely have things to say.

In terms of the road to recovery having gone through most if not all threads here, the one I will try to replicate the most is @jimmyjonas as he kept it super simple with excercise before work, eating clean and rotating herbs (obviously as well as cold showers and breathing etc) and he didn't do anything out of that and also he wasn't taking 100 different daily supps which when I first came here confused me and made me anxious thinking I have to take all these pills and that's the reason Im here and when he was consistent he saw results quickly and basically recovered when he was on protocol in 10 months without prohormones. Then I thought to myself but he didn't have the sides that you have but then I told myself well even if he did have the sides I did by doing the mandatory parts of the protocol you will get there maybe in the same time maybe longer.

You probably wouldn't know if you come this far reading this but I do have other sides also which I feel is important to document for those coming after me maybe with similar sides so they know they can and will make it out the other end of they commit to this. Sides are also muscle wastage on wrists, thighs, ass and calves, ED and insomnia which seems to be fine for a week and then bad for half a week which will then cause anxiety. I don't want to come across as vain or anything because believe me I'm far from good looking (my hair is my saving grace hence the stupidest decision of my life) its just with the face it's a constant reminder of what happened. Even when my phone is on lock and dark and I see my reflection on it and my face looks someone's just pushed it from either end is kinda demoralising.

Apologies for blabbing on just one of those nights slept early up at 4 in the morning and just wanted to document my thoughts which does help in a way. Also to those who have anxiety or trouble sleeping I read CD's method and did 2 rounds of WIM Hoff followed by a cold shower and boy that did shake the cob webbs Off! and it also reassured me that blind faith is the way forward as I have seen numerous recoveries on an upwards trend that unfortunately take things outside the protocol which may actually help them but it can also set them back a bit so if it ain't in the protocol I can't see myself doing it.

Chio

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be ok brother. Stick to it and you'll be better looking and feel better than you did before pretty quickly.

Forearms and calves for me too were noticeably smaller. I think this is related to high cortisol and or mild insulin resistance. The protocol tackles both of these.

Also, for the faical stuff get a high quality Vit K2 supplment and take eggshell calcium. These are both amazing for bone health. My jaw has never looked better.

You can also do face dunks in really cold water to improve facial skin quality and to spot treat fat cells
    Its only work until its routine