User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about increased sensitivity to sound? I’ve noticed since crashing the sound of dishes clanking makes me cringe. I’ve always had a degree of tinitus come and go throughout my life, never questioned it, also had sensitivity in my ears for as long as I can remember too. I’ve played drums on and off unprotected at times and maybe that played a part. But since crashing I would say the sensitivity has gotten more noticeable and will get a fluttering feeljng In my ears at time when listening to something too loud.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Maximilien's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering the same. I developed Eustachian tube Dysfunction as well as pulsatile tinnitus . I still have it 6 months after I crashed, it got better though. I wonder if anyone had the same unusual symptoms, if it they got rid of it and how ?
    I also developed 2 weeks ago a high pitch tinnitus, I think I won the lottery

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFS tinnitus is a mixed bag. Some have said that it went away completely when they recovered, others say its intensity lessens, and others say that it’s the only symptom that remained when they recovered.

I’ve had tinnitus my whole life, but it got worse when I came off of finasteride. I’m not sure if that was a coincidence or if it got worse from going to loud bars during college and I didn’t notice until years later when I came off of finasteride. It’s still easily ignorable, even though there have been times in my PFS life where it sounded INCREDIBLY LOUD. The more you pay attention to it, the more important you’re telling your brain it is - especially if you have an emotional reaction to it. That causes your brain to “dial up” that sound because it must be important if it’s making you upset. This makes it seem much louder. I also never notice it in the morning, and only sometimes notice it in the evening, but rarely. It’s more intense in my left ear than my right ear.

On the other hand, if you get habituated to it, literally months can go by and you won’t think about your tinnitus at all. This has been my experience. There were times when I felt I needed to turn on music to go into my parents’ basement because it was so quiet and I was afraid that the tinnitus would be overwhelming. Now I can have earplugs in (which make tinnitus much louder because they shut out noise) and I don’t even think about the tinnitus.

It’s also not possible to know whether your tinnitus was caused by PFS, or if you just developed it over time from exposure to loud sounds.

My point is that if the tinnitus doesn’t go away, you can become habituated to it and it can become a non-issue in your life. William Shatner and Steve Martin both have very bad tinnitus from on-set acoustic injuries, and hearing about how they coped with it helped me a lot.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 04-26-2021 at 08:14 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had mild tinnitus pre pfs. THIS is the ONLY thing that has stayed with me leading me to believe that there was some damage done to my inner ear during the process of getting sick with pfs. Ever since then, it's still there, some days louder then others. I don't think it's going to go back.

I remember when i first realized what was happening to me, at night, laying in bed it was so loud it was deafening.

But given what I went through, it's a joke comparatively.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-27-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdnuts Do you suspect a bit of hearing loss ? I heard it can be a symptom of PFS but I supposed it was more of a neurologic thing like loss of smell rather than organ damage. I was thinking tinnitus was due to the mess created in the brain by PFS. It's a phenomenon we know so little about, how to know !

However I would be surprise if we don't find a 'cure' this decade with the researchs going on, even if habituation is obviously the more realistic thing to achieve today.

Yeah with all the stress and emotional storm this whole PFS thing make you live through, I guess tinnitus isn't a problem compared to it lol. Thanks for your insight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @LetsGo I will look into it. I'm sure mine is due to PFS since I have good hearing and never had it before.

Anyway better to take it as part of my life now. If it goes away, good. If not so be it. My father has it and it has absolutely no impact on his life.

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Maximilien; 04-29-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilien View Post
    @Cdnuts Do you suspect a bit of hearing loss ? I heard it can be a symptom of PFS but I supposed it was more of a neurologic thing like loss of smell rather than organ damage. I was thinking tinnitus was due to the mess created in the brain by PFS. It's a phenomenon we know so little about, how to know !

However I would be surprise if we don't find a 'cure' this decade with the researchs going on, even if habituation is obviously the more realistic thing to achieve today.

Yeah with all the stress and emotional storm this whole PFS thing make you live through, I guess tinnitus isn't a problem compared to it lol. Thanks for your insight
    I supposed it could cause some hearing deficits, sure. But I can't tell if that's from the pfs days or just because I'm old AF now. A little dulled hearing comes with the territory. Plus, it makes it easier for me to tell my girl I didn't hear her.....lol. I like to call it, "selective hearing"
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys can try listening to brown noise to alleviate or lessen tinnitus