User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Getting worse before getting better" after a waterfast?

Whatsup lads,

It's been 11 days since I ended my 7 day waterfast and my symptoms are worse than when I started it. My libido is non-existent, my sleep is irregular and my tinnitus is higher. It's interesting because after my 3 day fast, I recovered quickly and even improved in the following days. I'm not stressing about it at all though, I assume my body is still in Bob the builder mode.

Have you guys experienced something similar? I felt like making a thread to gather experiences on the subject, and hopefully give some perspective/reassueance to new guys starting the journey.

Cheers

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Whatsup lads,

It's been 11 days since I ended my 7 day waterfast and my symptoms are worse than when I started it. My libido is non-existent, my sleep is irregular and my tinnitus is higher. It's interesting because after my 3 day fast, I recovered quickly and even improved in the following days. I'm not stressing about it at all though, I assume my body is still in Bob the builder mode.

Have you guys experienced something similar? I felt like making a thread to gather experiences on the subject, and hopefully give some perspective/reassueance to new guys starting the journey.

Cheers
    I wouldn’t worry man. I’ve only done one water fast and felt improved after. But, If there’s one thing I know that is true about PFS recovery, it’s that just because something felt a certain way the first time, it definitely doesn’t mean it will feel like that the other times. That’s regarding fasts, cycles, you name it. It’s all about the cumulative effect over time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my 14 day waterfast i had some tinnitus that i didnt have before. it went away after a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened to me after my 2nd UH cycle..

Erections went downhill during cycle, but greatly improved after I continue my herbs and suddenly things went downhill again yesterday.

I notice everything went worse when I overthink, it feels so frustating to get back downhill when you already feel so much better.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the answers guys, it's interesting to know I'm not the only one.
    It's funny how it takes a couple of downswings before you stop stressing about them. I feel like I finally reached that stage. I'm in it for the long run, so I don't expect every upswing to be a 1 way street.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whatsup lads,

Cheers
    Like I had mentioned in an earlier thread, sometimes if you don't fast to completion, you have all of that stirred up and released cellular garbage still coming out of your system from a lifetime of ingesting it. If you break the fast in this state, you will certainly feel worse before you feel better. Drink plenty of fluids and get movement. This is why a "real" fast should be three weeks.

I'm doing a tune up 10 dayer out at Sedona Wellness Retreat in AZ....leaving on Friday. Been ten years since my last fast of 21 days.

Always wanted to fast in the desert.......energy is amazing.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Like I had mentioned in an earlier thread, sometimes if you don't fast to completion, you have all of that stirred up and released cellular garbage still coming out of your system from a lifetime of ingesting it. If you break the fast in this state, you will certainly feel worse before you feel better. Drink plenty of fluids and get movement. This is why a "real" fast should be three weeks.

I'm doing a tune up 10 dayer out at Sedona Wellness Retreat in AZ....leaving on Friday. Been ten years since my last fast of 21 days.

Always wanted to fast in the desert.......energy is amazing.
    Yeah I remember reading your post about it. Weird though, because I didn't feel real bad when I broke it.
    I honestly don't think I could've done more than 10 days. But then again, when I finished my 3day fast I never thought I could do 7. I took pictures of myself from day 0 to 7 to track how my body changed, I'll see if I can manage to post it here.

Sounds like a cool plan, enjoy the desert man

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I remember reading your post about it. Weird though, because I didn't feel real bad when I broke it.
    I honestly don't think I could've done more than 10 days. But then again, when I finished my 3day fast I never thought I could do 7. I took pictures of myself from day 0 to 7 to track how my body changed, I'll see if I can manage to post it here.

Sounds like a cool plan, enjoy the desert man
    Thanks! I'll be away for three weeks. I'm really looking forward to the break. Fasting, meditation and breathwork. Rejuvenation. My refeed starts 1/1/22....Great way to start off the new year.

I'll probably take pics for the site, or if I can figure out how to get them into this dinosaur....lol
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Thanks! I'll be away for three weeks. I'm really looking forward to the break. Fasting, meditation and breathwork. Rejuvenation. My refeed starts 1/1/22....Great way to start off the new year.

I'll probably take pics for the site, or if I can figure out how to get them into this dinosaur....lol
    I’m in Scottsdale, Arizona but love to drive up as often as I can. There’s no place like it. It’s a little chilly this time of year so I recommend some warmer clothes. My favorite hike is Devil’s Bridge Trail, hopefully you’ll have time to check it out!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I’m in Scottsdale, Arizona but love to drive up as often as I can. There’s no place like it. It’s a little chilly this time of year so I recommend some warmer clothes. My favorite hike is Devil’s Bridge Trail, hopefully you’ll have time to check it out!
    You're psyching me up man!! I have a feeling it's going to be one of the most therapeutic fasts of my life and it's only ten days......the desert though.....that energy. I'm gonna tap into that shit when I'm meditating!!

I gotta a lot of shit thats gonna come out........

It's not a "lock down" clinic! Like you can leave the grounds when your fasting......it's cool, but It's not good idea.....lol

I have a good feeling about this upcoming year.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-12-2021 at 01:17 AM.