User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being hormonally sensitive sucks

Lesson learned... the hard way like always...I’m just facing the music now. Hiccups like this you just gotta stay on course.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s some evidence that minoxidil may inhibit 5AR to some degree.

Minoxidil may suppress androgen receptor-related functions

This could explain why some people claim that minoxidil has caused them to re-crash or not recover, although I think that if someone has *never* crashed from fin, etc, it would be extremely unlikely for minoxidil to cause them to have an initial shutdown.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) tallstraw's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    Rogaine/Minoxidil is Nitric Oxide - if you use external nitric oxide your own production goes down. It is not just the anti-5AR effect.

If you quit then you lose even more hair since your own nitric oxide production is now lower.

Helen the guy on Hackstasis explained this and it makes sense.

If you are in PFS you need to avoid all that. Because in PFS you are already not in an optimal body chemistry. Even when you get out of it. I would at least give it 1 year stability to even think about trying that type of stuff. You are playing w/ fire in my opinion if you start this stuff too soon.

I won't touch any of that stuff with a 10 feet pole even after I get better. Rather be bald.
    Yeah, although that may be true, and I’m not sold on the premise of down-regulating your own production of “nitric oxide.” Though I’m nowhere near an expert and know fractions of what i used to about any of this stuff since i have stayed off forums for years. I still think much with anything about your body, that down regulation, if true.. is nowhere near permanent. Your feedback loop will restart, just as it “shutoff.“

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    I had no idea tbh, Based on the mechanism of the product. I had this happen to me 3 months ago with Nizoral when trying to treat a fungus which is a well known 5AR blocker, but it’s very hit or miss with minoxodil in terms of it being 5AR. I search the web and guys saying yeah, some guys saying no, mixed studies etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eh, you live and learn. I guess in your guys case you gotta be extra careful. But as an outside perspective, not that i dont think this stuff isn’t real, it obviously is. I think over analyzing everything for any ways something could potentially “relapse” you also creates a placebo effect in some people. The mind is a powerful thing. When youre convinced something is going to bother you, it does. I think some of you guys just aren’t recovered, and/or your brain is itching to make you doubt yourself and think youre hurt again.

Like when i broke my dick. It took a year of shitty erections to heal.. and even once i thought i was i would have instances that made me doubt it and i would relapsed to so much worry and mental anguish it just wouldn’t work again when needed. I had to get passed the mental blocks. Which even now cause me doubt sometimes.
    Last edited by tallstraw; 10-11-2019 at 04:27 PM.