User Tag List

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    @Cdsnuts would Cheerios be a gluten free grain good for carb backloading? I know it’s not paleo but since adding them to my diet I feel surprisingly good, especially in the brain fog department. I think it’s the vitamins. Not the greatest food to eat but not the worst either.
    I really doubt it's the vitamins in cheerios as much as it is the carbs. Those cereals really don't have too many vitamins to speak of.

When it comes to backloading, as long as it's gluten free and you don't get any negative responses from it, then sure, have at it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I really doubt it's the vitamins in cheerios as much as it is the carbs. Those cereals really don't have too many vitamins to speak of.

When it comes to backloading, as long as it's gluten free and you don't get any negative responses from it, then sure, have at it.
    Awesome 🤙

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my Ancestry DNA results back, turns out I am MTHFR C677T Homozygous, which means my body doesn't metabolize folate. Well, it's extremely reduced anyway. That makes sense how methyl-folate made me feel so good until it crashed me, I guess that's how "normal" people feel all the time?

I also am Homozygous COMT V158M, and Homozygous COMT H62H, I don't know anything about those mutations, but apparently taking methylated vitamins with those mutations will enter you into a severe shit storm. None of these mutations are good.

Quote about COMT V158M (The "worrier" mutation)-

"COMT V158M +/+ – These individuals have the slowest COMT system, therefore they have the highest levels of dopamine at a steady, resting state. They are going to have higher performance and more brain function in low stress states, but will lose brain function as the number of stressors increases."

Reducing stress is going to be my name of the game here from now on, no more constant worry about PFS, because apparently this may be contributing harshly to my brain fog. Funny how it has seemed to lift a little bit now that school is over.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a 6 year struggle with DPDR on an almost permanent basis, I figured out the cause and fixed it. : Depersonalization

Interesting and great read about a guy who suffered brain fog, depersonalization/derealization, seeing life through "glass", memory issues and anxiety, triggered after one morning of waking up with a sinus infection, lasted 6 years. He also began suffering from IBS, low sex drive, insomnia. Not sure if there is a connection, but my "PFS" began with a sinus infection, also you see this in CFS sufferers.

He talked about what eventually cured him was his doctor "prescribing" him breathing exercises, his anxiety was causing him to experience something called "unconscious hyperventilation" where his breaths became short and fast with irregular rhythm. The condition was called Hypercapnia, causes dizziness, brain fog, DP/DR, yada yada, but can be triggered from a traumatic experience/stress. Frequent exposure to short, irregular, anxious breaths eventually can lead to CO2 toxicity. Messing with vision, cognitive function, all sorts of things. I think a ton of PFS sufferers, especially on forums like PH look so long for a diagnosis of what is wrong with their bodies where a lot of the symptoms are arising from things like anxiety and short/shitty breaths.

I frequently see things like breathing exercises, avoiding pesticides/chemicals and eating organic when looking through recovery stories of people that have never touched fin, but become chronically ill with unexplainable illnesses. I'm a firm believer that a lot of PFS symptoms are caused by nothing but stress and panic, as opposed to damaged 5-ar, especially mental symptoms. If you're not improving but doing everything on the protocol, maybe make more of an emphasis of doing breathing exercises, picking up fun hobbies that allow your mind to enjoy itself, and meditate to find a place where your mind can relax and rest. Constant worry about PFS and symptom checking is going to keep you in this hell longer I believe.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 05-10-2020 at 04:43 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What breathing exercises do you recommend? I know CD repeats the wim hof method on his site. Anything else

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcbbould View Post
    What breathing exercises do you recommend? I know CD repeats the wim hof method on his site. Anything else
    I do the wim hof, there's a video on youtube that I follow. Do you experience dimmed vision at night time? Like someone turned down the lights. I've messed around with a lot of B vitamins in the last few months and my brain fog and vision issues has something to do with B vitamins because I've alleviated issues then made them worse then better, can't put my finger on it exactly. But I'm trying to figure out if I am dealing with strictly PFS or something else entirely.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post

I do the wim hof, there's a video on youtube that I follow. Do you experience dimmed vision at night time? Like someone turned down the lights. I've messed around with a lot of B vitamins in the last few months and my brain fog and vision issues has something to do with B vitamins because I've alleviated issues then made them worse then better, can't put my finger on it exactly. But I'm trying to figure out if I am dealing with strictly PFS or something else entirely.
    I can say with certainty that Gaba plays a role in vision. I'm not sure of the direct mechanism, but pfs guys have disrupted gaba channels due to 5ar inhibition. This alone will effect your site and cause things to seem "dim"
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say with certainty that Gaba plays a role in vision. I'm not sure of the direct mechanism, but pfs guys have disrupted gaba channels due to 5ar inhibition. This alone will effect your site and cause things to seem "dim"
    Yeah man my vision is honestly the most concerning thing. Everything is really dim, and sometimes really shiny and 2-dimensional. I haven’t seen any other guys talk about that which is what concerns me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbbould View Post
    Wim's method is great for increasing adrenaline and getting you up and going when you feel like doing nothing of the sort.

There is another method, I believe it's called the 8,7,4 Method, where you breath in as deep as possible for four seconds, hold for 7 seconds, and exhale for 8 seconds. Do this four or five times and you will feel yourself calm down immensely. They both have their place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is another method, I believe it's called the 8,7,4 Method, where you breath in as deep as possible for four seconds, hold for 7 seconds, and exhale for 8 seconds. Do this four or five times and you will feel yourself calm down immensely. They both have their place.
    Recently my sleep has taken a slight turn for the worse and I'm able to sleep around 4-5hrs but then I can't go back again due to my constant pounding heartrate. Always was a doubter of the benefits of deep breathing but gave this a go and to my surprise 20 minutes later I was asleep. First of many for me now