User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long term effects of vitamin deficiencies

Long term effects of vitamin deficiencies?

I have a concern, I’ve been doing ridiculous “elimination” diets to treat my leaky gut syndrome and to try and get to the bottom of what was causing flare up reactions and what wasn’t.

I got overly caught up in just eating one thing and neglecting many other food groups.(this was the past years on and off. (From the start of 2017-to end of 2018.lol, not anymore now) I started developing folate deficiency and probably vit d deficiency and god knows what else a while ago.

I did start to lose some bone mass and muscle mass due to these extreme eating styles. I also would get bad brain fog and memory problems and my ability to process information slowed down. I would say all those deficiencies have been corrected since then. My memory and mental processing ability has improved a lot but still not 100% but not sure if that’s to do with my stomach problems and pfs

I’ve been eating a well balanced normal diet for this entire year but my question to you is. Do you think I have inflicted irreversible damage onto my self or I recovered?

Maybe a better question is, how long can a human last being vitamin deficient until doing serious damage to them selves? As in irreversible damage? I read that it can only become permanent when the deficiency is left and not corrected, leaving it to become very severe.

I would sporadically have influxes of lots of nutrients couple times a week and then return to this restricted diet, ie almonds, ground beef, berries, squid, olive oil, berries.(not much room for folate rich foods, also I had stomach problems which would make malabsorption a greater likelihood)

Would it be glaringly obvious that I suffered vitamin deficient induced brain damage or just quite subtle?

I’ve been reflecting on this recently and have been quite concerned. I’m a 25 year old male now btw

Thank you for taking time to read this. Appreciate all feedback.

Edit:
    Also I want to add I have been following a balanced diet, I practice and apply what cdnuts suggests on the total male optimisation page and I’m feeling better, healthier and feel more alpha than I have in a long time. I just get these anxious periods where I overthink and reflect on damage. @hulksmash has given great feedback regarding bone health but I’m curious about the brain related health when it comes to this shit
    Last edited by xxLUK; 06-16-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m assuming this was a stupid post due to the lack of replies?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a good post mate more confidence in yourself^^
    I'll answer within next days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still awaiting your reply bro

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn’t imagine you’ve done anything by an elimination diet that has “damaged” you. If you’re concerned about vitamin deficiency, ensure you’re eating a diet that is backed by some sort of evidence of success, and use betaine HCL with meals to ensure digestion.

@Jelisej made a post here years back showing how the chronic lack of stomach acid (remedied by betaine hcl) is causing an epidemic of malnouriohed people.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm legit to lazy to post by now on the forums anymor xD, feel free to add me on whatsapp (I'll send nr to any1 who wants, can't post it here^^),
    I always find time to reply in real life, but not rly wanna spend my time much on here^^

and to your Q, it's hard to tell. I personally don't belive in irreversible damage, the only 2 things which are hard to treat are male pattern baldness and cancer lol
    I do belive minerals play a big role here, and for the brain damage part ppl talk about it rn in Karlucchi's thread, the fasting, the good diet and herbs should do a lot of work on that one. Also a ted talk out there showing that the brain only creates neurons so long you actually are forced to move. There's even a seacreature that eats it's own brain the moment the foodsupply is secured.

As Maxout said, I also belive betaine or digestive enzymes are one of the key things for recovery (there is a potential risk tho to let pfs ppl crash due to it being a methyldonor, ppl need to decide on their own).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxLUK View Post
    Long term effects of vitamin deficiencies?

I have a concern, I’ve been doing ridiculous “elimination” diets to treat my leaky gut syndrome and to try and get to the bottom of what was causing flare up reactions and what wasn’t.

I got overly caught up in just eating one thing and neglecting many other food groups.(this was the past years on and off. (From the start of 2017-to end of 2018.lol, not anymore now) I started developing folate deficiency and probably vit d deficiency and god knows what else a while ago.

I did start to lose some bone mass and muscle mass due to these extreme eating styles. I also would get bad brain fog and memory problems and my ability to process information slowed down. I would say all those deficiencies have been corrected since then. My memory and mental processing ability has improved a lot but still not 100% but not sure if that’s to do with my stomach problems and pfs

I’ve been eating a well balanced normal diet for this entire year but my question to you is. Do you think I have inflicted irreversible damage onto my self or I recovered?

Maybe a better question is, how long can a human last being vitamin deficient until doing serious damage to them selves? As in irreversible damage? I read that it can only become permanent when the deficiency is left and not corrected, leaving it to become very severe.

I would sporadically have influxes of lots of nutrients couple times a week and then return to this restricted diet, ie almonds, ground beef, berries, squid, olive oil, berries.(not much room for folate rich foods, also I had stomach problems which would make malabsorption a greater likelihood)

Would it be glaringly obvious that I suffered vitamin deficient induced brain damage or just quite subtle?

I’ve been reflecting on this recently and have been quite concerned. I’m a 25 year old male now btw

Thank you for taking time to read this. Appreciate all feedback.

Edit:
    Also I want to add I have been following a balanced diet, I practice and apply what cdnuts suggests on the total male optimisation page and I’m feeling better, healthier and feel more alpha than I have in a long time. I just get these anxious periods where I overthink and reflect on damage. @hulksmash has given great feedback regarding bone health but I’m curious about the brain related health when it comes to this shit

My roommate eats a steady diet of pizza rolls and beer, as with basically every other healthy person I know, I think you're fine bro. Unless you are severely malnourished for years, any deficiency you've run into can be easily corrected. I recommend the vitamin and mineral hair test from 5Strands, that is the test that showed me which vitamins I was deficient in, and I noticed some improvement through supplementation. But you're fine man, just incorporate more foods in your diet if you're worried about it.