User Tag List

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand of b vitamins and methylfolate do you take? Is there a problem taking them if you don't have that gene?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take solger metafolin and country life methylB12. Also vitamin b complex with vitamin C without b12 or folate. All of those are required for methylation or you can screw yourself up. There’s no problem without the gene but if you don’t have MTHFR then your body can break down folic acid and there’s no need for methylfolate.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small update, huge huge upswing in my general mood and feelings. I was wondering if/when this day would come. I was out grocery shopping and just noticed that I could just like.. feel. It's hard to explain, I just felt that normal summer day/evening feeling where you're content and happy, I could feel the breeze and smell the grass around me, I just felt happy. I haven't felt anything in so long it was almost euphoric. I noticed that my other symptoms are worse at the moment, which is weird, it's like I always trade one thing for one bad thing. I'm going to go outside and work on my motorcycle and just enjoy the upswing while it lasts, I'm sure I'll feel like shit tomorrow since that's usually how it goes for me and posting on this forum haha. But that's it, keep pushing boys.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff, T25! Sounds like you are making great strides. I totally remember those summer highs (though winter here right now). Looking forward to getting them back soon...

I feel like I am making slow but steady progress too. Getting back into the gym again after they re-opened here has been great. Working from home during COVID has really helped me to get more sleep too - even if I am up for an hour or so at night- I can sleep in a bit to catch up.

Keep on keeping on, brother!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Great stuff, T25! Sounds like you are making great strides. I totally remember those summer highs (though winter here right now). Looking forward to getting them back soon...

I feel like I am making slow but steady progress too. Getting back into the gym again after they re-opened here has been great. Working from home during COVID has really helped me to get more sleep too - even if I am up for an hour or so at night- I can sleep in a bit to catch up.

Keep on keeping on, brother!
    Thanks brother. I’m glad to hear you’re seeing some progress, keep pushing my man!

- - - Updated - - -

Currently doing some squats and deadlifts with a couple of 35 pound dumbbells in the sunshine, feeling awesome! Not necessarily heavy, but doing a little more reps than normal. I feel like I’ve gotten more jacked over quarantine even tho I haven’t been able to lift heavy. What kinds of workouts have you boys been doing while gyms are closed?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Maxout777 received my honorable discharge certificate today from the Marines, left active 4 years ago. I'm a free man. I feel an odd sense of a weight lifted off my shoulders that I didn't know was there haha. Bitter sweet for sure.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    @Maxout777 received my honorable discharge certificate today from the Marines, left active 4 years ago. I'm a free man. I feel an odd sense of a weight lifted off my shoulders that I didn't know was there haha. Bitter sweet for sure.
    Congratulations my man! I remember that like it was yesterday. Not sure about you, but I didn’t expect to have any feeling except joy when that finally hit and I too felt bittersweet. Kinda like high school, I couldn’t wait to get out but when the day came it set in that those I’d grown up with I might never see again. Crazy how life works - but again man, congrats! And as my dad says (also a vet), “sure beats the other kinda discharge!”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I take solger metafolin and country life methylB12. Also vitamin b complex with vitamin C without b12 or folate. All of those are required for methylation or you can screw yourself up. There’s no problem without the gene but if you don’t have MTHFR then your body can break down folic acid and there’s no need for methylfolate.
    Hey bro, I reading your post about MTHFR, and it sounds interesting. I was thinking of getting tested, but I wanted to try taking the methyl vitamins to see if they help my dizziness. I noticed there are several different dosages of the Metafolin and methyl B12. Also, what B complex, with vitamin C, are you taking?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    Hey bro, I reading your post about MTHFR, and it sounds interesting. I was thinking of getting tested, but I wanted to try taking the methyl vitamins to see if they help my dizziness. I noticed there are several different dosages of the Metafolin and methyl B12. Also, what B complex, with vitamin C, are you taking?
    Jado, just curious.....how long have you been doing this? And at what percentage would you say you're sticking to it?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Jado, just curious.....how long have you been doing this? And at what percentage would you say you're sticking to it?
    I've been at it for around 18 months, and I've seen some great results. I've done two 1-week juice feasts, and one 2-week juice feast, and I'm currently cycling 14 herbs. The only parts of the protocol I don't do is "sunning the boys" (I get plenty of sun, just not on the boys) and pumping (I don't have trouble getting erections). My diet is super clean, I'm lifting, doing yoga and surfing on a regular basis.. I feel like I'm getting close, and all the symptoms that remain are milder than when it first started, just still have this pesky dizziness intermittently. I do have some other symptoms hanging around, but I feel like, if the dizziness would stop, I would be totally recovered. It may just be, my body needs more time...?