User Tag List

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bio-Hacking Tech with the Protocol

So I figured I’d share a few things I do now that fit nicely in with the sort of stuff that CD prescribes for the lifestyle area that will give you that extra benefit for the effort being put in. I’ve sort of developed a self-improvement habit over the years much to my wife’s chagrin, but to my own personal happiness.

1.) Joovv/Red Light Man/Platinum LED (Red Light Therapy) - one of my favorites, and I use it every morning. Anywhere from :30-2:30 depending on feel per application area (for me, front and back). I use it to “sun my boys” with as well, as red light has shown increase in sperm motility and testosterone in studies. This is definitely something that can be over done, however, so I keep my dosage (time and distance from panel) lower.

2.) Chilipad/OOLER (Mattress Cooler/Warmer) - So this thing I was definitely on the fence about entirely. I was thinking this was mostly marketing, but figured I’d give it a try with their Black Friday sale. It’s been fantastic. Takes awhile to dial in, but once you have your setting, sleep is amazing. I always sleep 8+ hours and deep sleep.....which is tracked and verified that it made a difference by....

3.) Oura Ring. Can’t say enough about this wearable. I replaced my wedding band with it and wear it all day. Amazing sleep tracking and HRV tracking. Helps verify what things help with sleep (such as the OOLER, Ziziphus, etc.) and what don’t (phenibut, personally for me example).

4.) Valkee Human Charger. I bought this when I was working for a global consultancy on some 1099 work last year. I was spending some time in the UK, Germany, and Japan/Thailand and the West Coast. I got it cheap on eBay, and I’m not sure if it’s placebo or not, but tends to help me get going when I’m jet lagged first thing in the morning. At at home on dark days.

Just a few things I wanted to share that I’ve done as part of my life routine since I posted regularly here before. No affiliation with any, there’s plenty of coupon codes out there for these items through sites/salesmen, but I’m not one of them. Just honest feed back on products I think would be great additions to the protocol.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 is interesting to me, since I have a Joovv. At first I used it for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, and now 15 minutes, from about 4 to 6 inches away. They say to do 15 minutes for “symptomatic” areas, but maybe I should dial it back to 10 minutes, or even less? I never felt anything from doing it for 5 minutes per day, and although I see my balls moving a bit, I never know if it’s really doing anything beneficial or otherwise.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest to the red light therapy. I bought a red light therapy bulb off Amazon and have been shining my balls every day for about 20 min.
    Usually when I'm on cycle, my balls shrink a little which I can tell means I'm getting slightly suppressed. Since I've been using the red light they stay plump.
    Doing this supposedly increases testosterone somewhere between 50-100%!

I also have read some interesting studies that show that staring into the red light helps prevent/reverse age related eye sight decline.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    #1 is interesting to me, since I have a Joovv. At first I used it for 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, and now 15 minutes, from about 4 to 6 inches away. They say to do 15 minutes for “symptomatic” areas, but maybe I should dial it back to 10 minutes, or even less? I never felt anything from doing it for 5 minutes per day, and although I see my balls moving a bit, I never know if it’s really doing anything beneficial or otherwise.
    I generally did around the 15 minutes mark like you did and I noticed unsatisfactory results. Fatigue, feeling blah, etc. I moved back down to a minute and worked my way up from there to the 2 minute mark. These LEDs are super powerful on the Joovv, and I think that it's way easy to overdo it and end up with too much of a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlucchi View Post
    I can attest to the red light therapy. I bought a red light therapy bulb off Amazon and have been shining my balls every day for about 20 min.
    Usually when I'm on cycle, my balls shrink a little which I can tell means I'm getting slightly suppressed. Since I've been using the red light they stay plump.
    Doing this supposedly increases testosterone somewhere between 50-100%!

I also have read some interesting studies that show that staring into the red light helps prevent/reverse age related eye sight decline.
    I notice a lot of improvements from the vision side of the house, myself. I also like to do what you mentioned, and did on my last Ultra Hard summer cycle and I noticed no suppression symptoms whatsoever until the very end of the month.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.