User Tag List

Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Maybe condescending wasn’t the word I was looking for lol, apprehensive seems more suitable.

Also again, my post has nothing to do with you. It’s something I just felt like I had to get of my chest but didn’t feel like making a thread about it. In retrospect it did come of a bit strong and I probably should not have dumped this turd in your personal log, my apologies hehe

It’s just weird sometimes when I read things like some dude curing his PFS when it seems very unlikely that trib will rid me of panic attacks and insomnia. Just because my PFS isn’t his PFS.

My vemoheb arrived today, curious to test it out vs my old generic trib in my rotation soon.
    No worries, thanks for the clarification!

If you have your own thread that might be a better place to talk about this, but if your only PFS symptoms are panic attacks, anxiety, and insomnia, then you should double and triple down on meditation, breathing, cold showers, see a talk therapist if you’re allowed to do that without losing your pilot’s license, etc. There is a hormonal component from PFS anxiety and panic, yes, but you have to attack PFS from every angle, and that includes un-learning the thought patterns and catastrophic thinking that is heavily contributing to your panic attacks. Your body is not a machine that is just having panic attacks due solely to hormonal/neurosteroid dysfunction, you are also a psychological being.

Your thoughts massively affect your emotional state, which in turn affects your thoughts.

When you fix the psychological side of the equation, you will be left with only the PFS causes, so the symptoms will be a lot better. And by the same token, even if you 100% recover hormonally/chemically, if you habitually engaged in catastrophic thinking, guess what? You’d have panic attacks even after recovering from PFS. So you’re going to have to address it at some point. Even though it started out as PFS-induced, if your anxiety and panic continued, then it builds its own momentum because you’d still have the catastrophic thinking induced panic attacks.

I’m going to guess that maybe you’re laying awake at night thinking: “I really hope I never have a panic attack while I’m flying. Oh man, I’ll lose my medical certificate. I’ll probably get fired. Oh man, oh man. I’ll be so fucked. I can’t do anything but fly planes, if I lose that, I’m finished. I’ll be homeless. If I can’t get cured it’s just a matter of time. Oh man, oh man…” Well no wonder you can’t sleep! And that lack of sleep makes your anxiety worse, makes you more vulnerable to panic, makes your PFS symptoms worse. That type of thinking is called catastrohpic thinking, and it literally causes panic attacks, even in non-PFS people. Anyone can give themselves panic attacks if they get into the habit of catastrophic thinking (which is addictive) and you need the right therapist to un-learn all the unhealthy coping mechanisms that PFS “taught” you. Once you’ve addressed the psych angle then your PFS symptoms will be “on their own” and your overall symptoms will be less severe.

A CBT or REBT therapist is the right kind to see about this. REBT is arguably the best for that. Usually you learn all the techniques within a few months, it’s not the kind of thearapy where you lay on a black couch and talk about what dreams you had last night or what happened in your childhood. So assuming you’re allowed to do that in Europe and keep your medical certificate, go do that and consider it part of your overall recovery strategy. Just remember: don’t let them tell you to take drugs. If you’re truly not allowed to see any therapist period, there are resources where you can learn about it yourself and try to be your own therapist by reading the works of Albert Ellis. The techniques are learnable on your own, but it’ll be better and faster if you have an REBT therapist to work with.

Vemoherb is good stuff, hopefully it’ll give you good results. I’m surprised at how strongly I respond to it.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 03-31-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    If you have your own thread that might be a better place to talk about this, but if your only PFS symptoms are panic attacks, anxiety, and insomnia, then you should double and triple down on meditation, breathing, cold showers, see a talk therapist if you’re allowed to do that without losing your pilot’s license, etc. There is a hormonal component from PFS anxiety and panic, yes, but you have to attack PFS from every angle, and that includes un-learning the thought patterns and catastrophic thinking that is heavily contributing to your panic attacks. Your body is not a machine that is just having panic attacks due solely to hormonal/neurosteroid dysfunction, you are also a psychological being.

Your thoughts massively affect your emotional state, which in turn affects your thoughts.

When you fix the psychological side of the equation, you will be left with only the PFS causes, so the symptoms will be a lot better. And by the same token, even if you 100% recover hormonally/chemically, if you habitually engaged in catastrophic thinking, guess what? You’d have panic attacks even after recovering from PFS. So you’re going to have to address it at some point. Even though it started out as PFS-induced, if your anxiety and panic continued, then it builds its own momentum because you’d still have the catastrophic thinking induced panic m.
    You absolutely nailed it. I’m trying my best to convince myself of this. A year of mental conditioning is hard to reverse but I’m making progress. I have finally found a good CBT therapist that will assist me through it.

Also had a neurotransmitter test done by an endricologist (gave me like 2 boxes for free), and my noradrenaline was high, serotonin low. Apparently normal results for someone with PTSD or long term mental stress. My plan is to give 5HTP another go (elevates ser, depletes nor) and go all in on the mental game. Feeling optimistic ever since I learned to accept that I’m in a cycle of fear that is likely causing the gross of my problems.

Thanks for the support man.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You absolutely nailed it. I’m trying my best to convince myself of this. A year of mental conditioning is hard to reverse but I’m making progress. I have finally found a good CBT therapist that will assist me through it.

Also had a neurotransmitter test done by an endricologist (gave me like 2 boxes for free), and my noradrenaline was high, serotonin low. Apparently normal results for someone with PTSD or long term mental stress. My plan is to give 5HTP another go (elevates ser, depletes nor) and go all in on the mental game. Feeling optimistic ever since I learned to accept that I’m in a cycle of fear that is likely causing the gross of my problems.

Thanks for the support man.
    Are you practicing the breathing exercises and mediation daily?

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, thanks for the clarification!

When you fix the psychological side of the equation, you will be left with only the PFS causes, so the symptoms will be a lot better. And by the same token, even if you 100% recover hormonally/chemically, if you habitually engaged in catastrophic thinking, guess what? You’d have panic attacks even after recovering from PFS. So you’re going to have to address it at some point. Even though it started out as PFS-induced, if your anxiety and panic continued, then it builds its own momentum because you’d still have the catastrophic thinking induced panic attacks.

I’m going to guess that maybe you’re laying awake at night thinking: “I really hope I never have a panic attack while I’m flying. Oh man, I’ll lose my medical certificate. I’ll probably get fired. Oh man, oh man. I’ll be so fucked. I can’t do anything but fly planes, if I lose that, I’m finished. I’ll be homeless. If I can’t get cured it’s just a matter of time. Oh man, oh man…” Well no wonder you can’t sleep! And that lack of sleep makes your anxiety worse, makes you more vulnerable to panic, makes your PFS symptoms worse. That type of thinking is called catastrohpic thinking, and it literally causes panic attacks, even in non-PFS people. Anyone can give themselves panic attacks if they get into the habit of catastrophic thinking (which is addictive) and you need the right therapist to un-learn all the unhealthy coping mechanisms that PFS “taught” you. Once you’ve addressed the psych angle then your PFS symptoms will be “on their own” and your overall symptoms will be less severe.

A CBT or REBT therapist is the right kind to see about this. REBT is arguably the best for that. Usually you learn all the techniques within a few months, it’s not the kind of thearapy where you lay on a black couch and talk about what dreams you had last night or what happened in your childhood. So assuming you’re allowed to do that in Europe and keep your medical certificate, go do that and consider it part of your overall recovery strategy. Just remember: don’t let them tell you to take drugs. If you’re truly not allowed to see any therapist period, there are resources where you can learn about it yourself and try to be your own therapist by reading the works of Albert Ellis. The techniques are learnable on your own, but it’ll be better and faster if you have an REBT therapist to work with.

Vemoherb is good stuff, hopefully it’ll give you good results. I’m surprised at how strongly I respond to it.
    Fantastic post. Thanks.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Are you practicing the breathing exercises and mediation daily?

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic post. Thanks.
    Yea pretty much daily. But my mind is filled with unshakable doubt because of my OCD tendencies. Breathing and showers usually calm me down enough, but I need some extra ways of readjusting the way I think about things. The chaos feels so ingrained at this point that I can’t control it during my sleep. And then waking up from intense nightmares and having to get out of bed every 3 hours to do breathing is such a drag that only made me hate sleeping even more. Wim hoff was the biggest game changer so far tho, I’m recommending it to everyone.

My LEH order that contains my blue vervain has been held at customs for a month now, it’s getting real annoying.

I think I’m going to go for a stretch of daily multi hour meditation for a bit and see what that gives me. Sort of a mental cleanse / fast

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea pretty much daily. But my mind is filled with unshakable doubt because of my OCD tendencies. Breathing and showers usually calm me down enough, but I need some extra ways of readjusting the way I think about things. The chaos feels so ingrained at this point that I can’t control it during my sleep. And then waking up from intense nightmares and having to get out of bed every 3 hours to do breathing is such a drag that only made me hate sleeping even more. Wim hoff was the biggest game changer so far tho, I’m recommending it to everyone.

My LEH order that contains my blue vervain has been held at customs for a month now, it’s getting real annoying.

I think I’m going to go for a stretch of daily multi hour meditation for a bit and see what that gives me. Sort of a mental cleanse / fast
    If it's that bad you could always cheat and use holosync. That will FORCE your mind into the state you want it to be in. Force maybe too strong a word......it gently pulls your mind into the state created by the binarual beats.

Usually mediation is hard enough on it's own. Breathing BEFORE mediation really helps calm the mind. But if you need that extra push, holosync will get you there. Meditate WHILE listening to it. Game changer.

But yeah, Wim Hof is certainly a huge find.

Calming the Mind | Total Male Optimization

I found this REALLY helpful in the beginning. I don't need it now because I'm seasoned, but it is what started me down the meditation road and honestly, I don't know how hard it would have been without it given my mind state at the time. I can relate.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-01-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I’ll check it out. The one I’m using now, headspace, seems to be a lot more traditional in the sense of meditation.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, I’ll check it out. The one I’m using now, headspace, seems to be a lot more traditional in the sense of meditation.
    How? Does it use binaural beats?

Edit: I just realized we're hijacking his thread. If it uses binaural beats then you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-02-2021 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How? Does it use binaural beats?

Edit: I just realized we're hijacking his thread. If it uses binaural beats then you'll be fine.
    Headspace doesn’t use binaural beats. There’s an English man or woman’s voice, guiding you through the meditation exercise for 10, 15, or 20 minutes and you can pick different courses to work on, one per day.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Headspace doesn’t use binaural beats. There’s an English man or woman’s voice, guiding you through the meditation exercise for 10, 15, or 20 minutes and you can pick different courses to work on, one per day.
    Not even close to holosync bro....not even close.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even close to holosync bro....not even close.
    I have a binaural beats playlist on spotify. I remembering it helped my back in the days when I crashed. Guess I can listen to that again while I meditate.