User Tag List

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Flap & Max.

I'm really holding on with everything I got. PFS wise I'm still not recovered from my vitamin B crash, but a whole other ear condition on top is a lot to take.

While some people never fully recover from hyperacusis, the vast majority get 90%-100% better over the span of 2 years. I just have to adjust my timeline expectations.

It's really hard because I can't do music anymore, which is the only thing that kept me sane through this journey. Looking forward to eventually updating here with improvements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am deteriorating. Heavy derealization, brainfog, anxiety, and massive suicidal urges. I also have itchy skin that becomes disproportionnaly inflamed when I lightly scratch it and occasional tingling limbs. I was doing great this summer, I only had dick problems, tinnitus and mild hyperacusis. Ever since that B complex I have been weird. T25 told me that folic acid could've thrown me in paradoxial folate deficiency, which is something I will study if my state doesn't improve.

Also dealing with severe hyperacusis from the dentist, 5 tones of tinnitus, reactive high frequencies and distorted hearing. 3 hours ago, I considered killing myself like I had never before.

I can't do that to my family. Tomorrow I am starting a 3 day waterfast, and after that I'm doing 3 months of protocol soldier mode. If I'm still fucked, I'll look into that folate deficiency thing.

Currently 154lbs, I'll drop to 20 if I need to

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question, what can I take on a water fast?

I was thinking magnesium and himalayean salt.

Is coffee ok? I assume not

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coldshowers?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Coldshowers?
    Don’t take anything with your water fast. Just let your body do it’s thing, I don’t see a need to take any magnesium or salt. Cold showers might be too hard on your body during a fast, I usually just do room temperature or warm during a water fast

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Don’t take anything with your water fast. Just let your body do it’s thing, I don’t see a need to take any magnesium or salt. Cold showers might be too hard on your body during a fast, I usually just do room temperature or warm during a water fast
    Ok thanks a lot

For the magnesium and sodium, I read that since insulin drops on a fast, your body dumps electrolytes and those help replenish it

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you know suicide isn’t an option. If you ever need to talk I’m here, I had hyperacusis from a Brain injury for about a year and it’s completely resolved. I went to a music festival this summer without earplugs and listened to heavy bass music for 3 days and had a great time, this will pass.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
    Glad to hear you know suicide isn’t an option. If you ever need to talk I’m here, I had hyperacusis from a Brain injury for about a year and it’s completely resolved. I went to a music festival this summer without earplugs and listened to heavy bass music for 3 days and had a great time, this will pass.
    Thanks man, that's super encouraging.

The internet forums on hypercusis are super gloom n doom. How bad was yours at your worst? Any tips for recovery?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Internet forums regarding health conditions are gloom and doom. I’ve yet to find any that are actually mentally beneficial to peruse, save for this one, really. Anyways, severity wise, Multiple tones of tinnitus, couldn’t do dishes, social gatherings, my own voice hurt my head at times, and the outside world was definitely harder to get out in without hearing protection.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Sorry to hear you're struggling with this, still..

Keep in mind, nothing in this life seems to be permanent, in my experience. I've had my fair share of conditions (PFS, PTSD, amphetamine induced anhedonia, etc.). I consider myself healed of all of them, and from tinnitus at this point too, just mainly because I never notice it unless everything is super quiet. The only thing that is permanent, is suicide. Do not make a temporary issue into a permanent problem, man. Please, message me or anyone if you're feeling down and talk about it. Also, find a good therapist. I'm not a doctor, or an expert in hyperacusis, but I bet a year from now you'll be in a MUCH, MUCH better place.
    Curious to hear how you overcame the amphetamine induced anhedonia! This is something I deal with as well. Any tips or online resources you can send me to?
    Its only work until its routine