User Tag List

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post

Higher glycemic carbs are good post-workout for glycogen replenishment, hence the “cheat meals”. I personally stick with sweet potatoes and cleaner carbs. Maybe throw a few dates/figs in there if you have a sweet tooth.

Best
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Hey man, just read your whole thread. I am only slightly behind you but have experienced the same things as you almost to a T. Starting my herbs here soon, having similar fluctuations. Keep me posted - we got this!

Higher glycemic carbs are good post-workout for glycogen replenishment, hence the “cheat meals”. I personally stick with sweet potatoes and cleaner carbs. Maybe throw a few dates/figs in there if you have a sweet tooth.

Best
    I guess that explains why I am feeling so jacked after the junk food. Thanks for reading the thread man, hopefully it serves as inspiration for you. I was in the depths and now I believe life is starting to really come back around for me. The herbs are going to be a game changer for you, they are like medicine when it comes to PFS. Pine pollen especially.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I guess that explains why I am feeling so jacked after the junk food. Thanks for reading the thread man, hopefully it serves as inspiration for you. I was in the depths and now I believe life is starting to really come back around for me. The herbs are going to be a game changer for you, they are like medicine when it comes to PFS. Pine pollen especially.
    This is partially true. Just keep in mind that they are just one part of the big puzzle and they wouldn't work nearly as well if you weren't doing everything else you need to be doing. Each part of the protocol synergises with the next. The sum of all the parts are greater then the parts on their own.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This is partially true. Just keep in mind that they are just one part of the big puzzle and they wouldn't work nearly as well if you weren't doing everything else you need to be doing. Each part of the protocol synergises with the next. The sum of all the parts are greater then the parts on their own.
    Yes absolutely. Assuming you've got the framework locked in, the herbs are great. From my personal experience, I built my framework for a few months and then once I added the herbs, it was honestly a night and day difference. Funny coincidence, I'm learning about synergy in one of my classes right now also.

As far as the french fries and ice cream added into your backloading window, I understand the replenishment of glycogen now that I've had it explained, I could see the benefits of that in a fitness sense, but regarding a PFS state, wouldn't the implementation of gluten free junk food still hinder your condition? I can't imagine that I could add in high quality ice cream into my backloading days and still recover, since it's still junk food. Or is there something about backloading that makes it alright? Wondering if you could shed some light on that for me.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes absolutely. Assuming you've got the framework locked in, the herbs are great. From my personal experience, I built my framework for a few months and then once I added the herbs, it was honestly a night and day difference. Funny coincidence, I'm learning about synergy in one of my classes right now also.

As far as the french fries and ice cream added into your backloading window, I understand the replenishment of glycogen now that I've had it explained, I could see the benefits of that in a fitness sense, but regarding a PFS state, wouldn't the implementation of gluten free junk food still hinder your condition? I can't imagine that I could add in high quality ice cream into my backloading days and still recover, since it's still junk food. Or is there something about backloading that makes it alright? Wondering if you could shed some light on that for me.
    I'm wondering why you think you couldn't recover because you ate ice cream? it's dairy, fat, and sugar.....that's it.

With backloading, it's all about manipulating hormones to your advantage. Insulin, Growth hormone, testosterone, etc. By backloading in a specific window AFTER intense weight training you take advantage of the bodies natural use of these hormones and use them to help you, not hinder you. By utilizing this method you use the insulin response to shuttle the glycogen directly into the muscle instead of fat. This causes and increase in muscle mass which directly effects other hormones in the system. It basically starts a positive hormonal cascade that does nothing but good things. After a good healthy backload you'll even sleep better. Once you get used to it, you can actually feel the muscles being pumped full of sugars. It has it's own "feel" which you'll come to notice. (and love)

One of my favorite feelings is crushing a good workout and then slamming down a few backloads that night. My body buzzes with energy and I can feel myself getting filled up. You go to bed with a huge, bloated carb stomach and wake up being shredded with bulging muscles that have a slight pump, as if you just worked out. Great feeling.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 02-06-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'm wondering why you think you couldn't recover because you ate ice cream? it's dairy, fat, and sugar.....that's it.

With backloading, it's all about manipulating hormones to your advantage. Insulin, Growth hormone, testosterone, etc. By backloading in a specific window AFTER intense weight training you take advantage of the bodies natural use of these hormones and use them to help you, not hinder you. By utilizing this method you use the insulin response to shuttle the glycogen directly into the muscle instead of fat. This causes and increase in muscle mass which directly effects other hormones in the system. It basically starts a positive hormonal cascade that does nothing but good things. After a good healthy backload you'll even sleep better. Once you get used to it, you can actually feel the muscles being pumped full of sugars. It has it's own "feel" which you'll come to notice. (and love)

One of my favorite feelings is crushing a good workout and then slamming down a few backloads that night. My body buzzes with energy and I can feel myself getting filled up. You go to bed with a huge, bloated carb stomach and wake up being shredded with bulging muscles that have a slight pump, as if you just worked out. Great feeling.

Well, the thought process behind it was just being so strict about diet since I've started the protocol, and living in a PFS state and having been affected so badly, I didn't realize that ice cream was ok. I thought any junk food would completely throw off recovery basically, now that you explain the hormonal aspect of it that makes way more sense.

I was wondering this because after you said ice cream was good to go, I added it into my backloading window and I was shocked that I actually felt better than I did before. Back when I crashed, any sugar would send me off the deep end. But I smashed some high quality ice cream in my backloading window and exactly how you just explained, I basically felt my muscles pump larger and I felt jacked, also felt more clear minded and in a good mood. I guess that its hormones coming into play. This is all news to me, so I'm very interested. I usually just eat sweet potatoes in my backloading window, this makes the protocol that much better since I'm already feeling great while on it. This was really helpful though, thanks for the clarification.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, the thought process behind it was just being so strict about diet since I've started the protocol, and living in a PFS state and having been affected so badly, I didn't realize that ice cream was ok. I thought any junk food would completely throw off recovery basically, now that you explain the hormonal aspect of it that makes way more sense.

I was wondering this because after you said ice cream was good to go, I added it into my backloading window and I was shocked that I actually felt better than I did before. Back when I crashed, any sugar would send me off the deep end. But I smashed some high quality ice cream in my backloading window and exactly how you just explained, I basically felt my muscles pump larger and I felt jacked, also felt more clear minded and in a good mood. I guess that its hormones coming into play. This is all news to me, so I'm very interested. I usually just eat sweet potatoes in my backloading window, this makes the protocol that much better since I'm already feeling great while on it. This was really helpful though, thanks for the clarification.
    Good.

And good for you for already feeling the magic.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can attest to ice cream not impeding recovery. I used to eat a pint before bed during my backloads, lol.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    I can attest to ice cream not impeding recovery. I used to eat a pint before bed during my backloads, lol.
    Lmao, that’s about where I’m at right now. Probably going to lessen it up a bit or become a fatass. But at least I’ll be happy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Maxout777 I was just reading a little bit about backloading and noticed John Kiefer talked about skipping breakfast and only having some coffee in the mornings with some MCT oil mixed in. Isn’t that what you did during recovery?