User Tag List

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Correct on the women aspect. Age has nothing to do with it.....at all. Your personality has EVERYTHING to do with it. Looks are a plus and it will get you in the door, so to speak, but for men, it's our attitude and confidence and the way we carry ourselves that define who we are. NOTHING else.
    100%

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. That’s the next thing to work on, as I work on some other things as well. I’m above-average in the looks department, but not in the upper upper tier - which is fine. A decent portion of women like how I look, even though I’m not tall, so that’s pretty nice. Plus, my shoulders are broader and I look somewhat muscular. I’d still like to get a good 80% of the way to my genetic maximum, and I’m not close to that yet.

Also it’ll be easier for me to be confident when things are rolling with my business, and as I make more progress with recovering. I do feel like I’m on the verge of another upswing, potentially. As always, I need to find a way to get more sleep and to stop touching myself. It’s no good to be tired all day, like I am now.

During an upswing I have libido every day; right now it’s starting to be most days, but the morning wood is extremely weak and in the times I do fap, I either don’t feel anything, or it feels like my brain isn’t fully connected so I don’t really feel an orgasm. It’s a sort of in-between phase between feeling absolutely nothing, and something.

The Snowballs underwear might be helping, and I also tend to do better hormonally when I’m in a small caloric surplus, like I am now. I’m also making sure to get enough protein now, which is sure to help. With better protein intake and a caloric surplus, I expect my workouts to start translating into more muscle and strength gains now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no morning wood. I wonder if the gluten free rice noodles I sometimes use for carb backloading are somehow to blame. (I don’t use gluten free soy sauce with them anymore.)

When I started parts of the protocol, I got good results at first. I got mono in October and didn’t eat many calories that month, and lost a huge amount of muscle and fat. When I started eating again I stopped eating gluten, in November 2019, and I suddenly got my morning wood back every day. That only until May 2020, I think. I attributed it ending in May due to not working out much since mid-March, due to the gym closure and me being too lazy and whatnot to find a way to work out consistently and intensely in my apartment.

I can’t think of what I’m doing “wrong,” other than only getting 6.5 hours of sleep per night and not meditating every day. I feel like I was closer to getting healed at the beginning of this year, and I can’t seem to get back to that daily morning wood. Even the prohormones didn’t kick off an upswing or restore my morning wood.

When I eliminated the red lentil pasta, that didn’t restore the morning wood either. Nothing has, right now.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?
    Last edited by LetsGo; 12-21-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Still no morning wood. I wonder if the gluten free rice noodles I sometimes use for carb backloading are somehow to blame. (I don’t use gluten free soy sauce with them anymore.)

When I started parts of the protocol, I got good results at first. I got mono in October and didn’t eat many calories that month, and lost a huge amount of muscle and fat. When I started eating again I stopped eating gluten, in November 2019, and I suddenly got my morning wood back every day. That only until May 2020, I think. I attributed it ending in May due to not working out much since mid-March, due to the gym closure and me being too lazy and whatnot to find a way to work out consistently and intensely in my apartment.

I can’t think of what I’m doing “wrong,” other than only getting 6.5 hours of sleep per night and not meditating every day. I feel like I was closer to getting healed at the beginning of this year, and I can’t seem to get back to that daily morning wood. Even the prohormones didn’t kick off an upswing or restore my morning wood.

When I eliminated the red lentil pasta, that didn’t restore the morning wood either. Nothing has, right now.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this?
    Don't use morning wood as so much of a guage of your overall health. Use your actual functionality for that. If you're doing everything 100% then you have nothing to worry about. During healing these things come and go and you can't put too much stock into them or you'll drive yourself nuts. As long as you're making steady forward progress it's a non issue, and that's how it should be thought of.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I’ve been using the Snowballs underwear; not sure if I mentioned this already but it has some freezable gel packs that slide into the front. They are gray briefs that have a deep “pocket” in the front for the gel packs, each of which keeps the boys cold for about 20 mins. This system has the advantage of not being able to accidentally castrate you in your sleep like an ice pack, because it’ll thaw out before any damage can be done. The 3 packs last about 60 mins, and then you re-freeze them and use them again in the second half of the day.

The creator was supposedly infertile and went to many fertility doctors before one of them recommended cooling his balls, and apparently that worked for him and he created the product. It’s expensive for what it is, but I wouldn’t mess around with an ice pack and this feels much safer, and comfortable. You can wear it and mostly forget about it while you’re at home.

Bizarrely, after 10 - 15 minutes, I tend to get spontaneous wood with it! And some feelings of libido! Not the entire time, but here and there; it does seem to elevate my libido. I’ll definitely keep using it. If I’m getting this reaction to it this quickly, maybe it will keep helping me.

There have been a bunch of studies showing that cooling the balls can increase sperm count, but I haven’t been able to find studies showing that it can actually raise test. They might be out there, and I wasn’t looking very hard. There are tons of studies showing that heating the balls lowers sperm count by a lot, but many claim that short-term cold provides benefits. English wrote that he felt that starting the day with a swim in cold water, or taking a cold shower, was very important. So this could be something to add in along with a cold shower - because let’s face it, you’re not going to take a 2 hour cold shower.

Perhaps the coldness causes the body to send extra blood to that area, to try to warm it up, and the extra blood could help it to function better. That could explain the wood, but I don’t know why it seems to boost my libido.

From December 12th to December 24th, there were only 7 days where I didn’t fap. And on the other 6 days I fapped 7 times total - generally there would be 2 or so days of abstaining and then 2 days of not. I have to figure out some sort of strategy - or just use more willpower - to stop that. I always felt like if I could get it under control for an extended period, that that would help me. Oddly, most of those faps were because of sudden libido surges while wearing the cold balls thing.

I have been feeling a bit foggy lately; I think from lack of sleep. Getting 6 hours every night leaves me feeling exhausted - I need 8, or close to it, on a consistent basis and I know I’ll feel a lot better. At night I always feel like I need to stay up later, apparently I was like that even as a baby and toddler, but it’s just a habit, not genetics.

I have been getting morning wood lately, although not 10/10 strength, except one time when I took a nap and woke up with one that was just like it was pre-fin. Maximum strength, and it lasted for a good 3 minutes without me doing anything. It’s weird when you get a real one, maximum strength, because you’re not used to it and you forgot it could get like that. I wouldn’t call this an upswing necessarily, but it’s definitely not a downswing and I’m doing better hormonally than I have been in recent weeks. I think my body is desperate for more sleep, and that that will be a key thing for me. So on that note, I’m heading to bed now.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 12-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I’ve been using the Snowballs underwear; not sure if I mentioned this already but it has some freezable gel packs that slide into the front. They are gray briefs that have a deep “pocket” in the front for the gel packs, each of which keeps the boys cold for about 20 mins. This system has the advantage of not being able to accidentally castrate you in your sleep like an ice pack, because it’ll thaw out before any damage can be done. The 3 packs last about 60 mins, and then you re-freeze them and use them again in the second half of the day.

The creator was supposedly infertile and went to many fertility doctors before one of them recommended cooling his balls, and apparently that worked for him and he created the product. It’s expensive for what it is, but I wouldn’t mess around with an ice pack and this feels much safer, and comfortable. You can wear it and mostly forget about it while you’re at home.

Bizarrely, after 10 - 15 minutes, I tend to get spontaneous wood with it! And some feelings of libido! Not the entire time, but here and there; it does seem to elevate my libido. I’ll definitely keep using it. If I’m getting this reaction to it this quickly, maybe it will keep helping me.

There have been a bunch of studies showing that cooling the balls can increase sperm count, but I haven’t been able to find studies showing that it can actually raise test. They might be out there, and I wasn’t looking very hard. There are tons of studies showing that heating the balls lowers sperm count by a lot, but many claim that short-term cold provides benefits. English wrote that he felt that starting the day with a swim in cold water, or taking a cold shower, was very important. So this could be something to add in along with a cold shower - because let’s face it, you’re not going to take a 2 hour cold shower.

Perhaps the coldness causes the body to send extra blood to that area, to try to warm it up, and the extra blood could help it to function better. That could explain the wood, but I don’t know why it seems to boost my libido.

From December 12th to December 24th, there were only 7 days where I didn’t fap. And on the other 6 days I fapped 7 times total - generally there would be 2 or so days of abstaining and then 2 days of not. I have to figure out some sort of strategy - or just use more willpower - to stop that. I always felt like if I could get it under control for an extended period, that that would help me. Oddly, most of those faps were because of sudden libido surges while wearing the cold balls thing.

I have been feeling a bit foggy lately; I think from lack of sleep. Getting 6 hours every night leaves me feeling exhausted - I need 8, or close to it, on a consistent basis and I know I’ll feel a lot better. At night I always feel like I need to stay up later, apparently I was like that even as a baby and toddler, but it’s just a habit, not genetics.

I have been getting morning wood lately, although not 10/10 strength, except one time when I took a nap and woke up with one that was just like it was pre-fin. Maximum strength, and it lasted for a good 3 minutes without me doing anything. It’s weird when you get a real one, maximum strength, because you’re not used to it and you forgot it could get like that. I wouldn’t call this an upswing necessarily, but it’s definitely not a downswing and I’m doing better hormonally than I have been in recent weeks. I think my body is desperate for more sleep, and that that will be a key thing for me. So on that note, I’m heading to bed now.
    As you know cold showers are a part of this protocol for the numerous health benefits they have for men. Once you get yourself acclimated, you really only need to take a 5 minute cold shower......max, and you still get all of the benefits. It's more about the consistency then the length of time under ice. I'm not familiar with the snowballs underwear but I would think you wouldn't want to cool your boys for more then two hours.....
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you know cold showers are a part of this protocol for the numerous health benefits they have for men. Once you get yourself acclimated, you really only need to take a 5 minute cold shower......max, and you still get all of the benefits. It's more about the consistency then the length of time under ice. I'm not familiar with the snowballs underwear but I would think you wouldn't want to cool your boys for more then two hours.....
    The thing with the snowballs underwear is that they recommend doing 60 minutes in the morning and 60 minutes in the evening, rather than two hours all in one shot. I end up doing 20 mins at a time with some gaps in between, and then a second set of 3 in the next half of the day. The boys feel cold to the touch, but they don’t feel numb from the cold. It’s been shown to boost sperm count by a lot so I don’t think it has any negatives, and Soviet Olympic athletes used to ice their boys back in the days before steroids were invented.

General update: I’m having a very nice upswing now, with libido/interest waaay up (still not pre-fin,) and my ability to feel pleasure is partly back, maybe 20%. Morning wood is also back but not max strength. It’s been like this all week.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing with the snowballs underwear is that they recommend doing 60 minutes in the morning and 60 minutes in the evening, rather than two hours all in one shot. I end up doing 20 mins at a time with some gaps in between, and then a second set of 3 in the next half of the day. The boys feel cold to the touch, but they don’t feel numb from the cold. It’s been shown to boost sperm count by a lot so I don’t think it has any negatives, and Soviet Olympic athletes used to ice their boys back in the days before steroids were invented.

General update: I’m having a very nice upswing now, with libido/interest waaay up (still not pre-fin,) and my ability to feel pleasure is partly back, maybe 20%. Morning wood is also back but not max strength. It’s been like this all week.
    I understand the theory, and I can see why it works, but the cold showers not only chill your boys, but the body as a whole. This has systemic benefits that help the whole system overall.

You have a good understanding of the protocol, use it to your advantage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the theory, and I can see why it works, but the cold showers not only chill your boys, but the body as a whole. This has systemic benefits that help the whole system overall.

You have a good understanding of the protocol, use it to your advantage.
    I’ll do cold showers in addition. I normally only take showers at night before bed, because I’m always waking up as late as possible due to awful sleep habits. If I take the cold showers right before bed, it’d probably mess with my sleep. I’ll have to find a way to sleep earlier and then wake up a little earlier and start my day off the cold way.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I’ll do cold showers in addition. I normally only take showers at night before bed, because I’m always waking up as late as possible due to awful sleep habits. If I take the cold showers right before bed, it’d probably mess with my sleep. I’ll have to find a way to sleep earlier and then wake up a little earlier and start my day off the cold way.
    I actually find that when I take cold showers before bed, I sleep better. Everyone elses milage may vary.