User Tag List

Thread: Creatine

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creatine

Anybody use creatine? I used to like using it before pfs. Obviously my body reacts differently to things now so I’d like to run it by the forum to make sure it’s safe.

Any good brands you guys recommend? I’ve also heard it increases DHT, are there any positive mental benefits such as mood/confidence that comes with it that you notice?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Anybody use creatine? I used to like using it before pfs. Obviously my body reacts differently to things now so I’d like to run it by the forum to make sure it’s safe.

Any good brands you guys recommend? I’ve also heard it increases DHT, are there any positive mental benefits such as mood/confidence that comes with it that you notice?
    I’ve used it with no negative effects whatsoever, but I’ve heard some guys here claim that it made them crash, which really surprised me.

I would personally recommed German Creatine since it’s made in Germany rather than China, and a German factory is unlikely to spike it with testosterone (which is something that Chinese supplement factories are notorious for.) In Germany they take manufacturing ridiculously seriously, far more than they do in the US, so I would always prefer a German-made supplement to one made in countries like the US or China, where there’s no meaningful government oversight on supplements. (Not no oversight, just no meaningful oversight, in my opinion.) Your mileage may vary.

There was one study showing that it led to a ~50% increase in DHT, but those results were never repeated in any other study. People have been citing that one study for many years, but personally I don’t believe it affects DHT in any significant way, otherwise we’d see creatine causing guys in their teens and early 20s to go bald much faster, and we’d see major sexual benefits to creatine, which we don’t see in real life.

As far as mental or mood benefits, I don’t think it affects my mood or thinking in any way.

Creatine increases my muscle size and strength a bit, and it will absolutely increase your water retention in your muscles. So you can expect to gain several pounds of water weight once your muscles are fully saturated with creatine. It just helps me lift a little more in the gym. It could indirectly boost testosterone by helping you build more muscle in the gym due to lifting harder, but I don’t feel like it has a huge effects either way. It’s one of those things that is worth trying and incorporating into your regimine if it doesn’t give you any negative sides, but it’s not going to be a game-changer.
    Last edited by LetsGo; 01-08-2021 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I’ve used it with no negative effects whatsoever, but I’ve heard some guys here claim that it made them crash, which really surprised me.

I would personally recommed German Creatine since it’s made in Germany rather than China, and a German factory is unlikely to spike it with testosterone (which is something that Chinese supplement factories are notorious for.) In Germany they take manufacturing ridiculously seriously, far more than they do in the US, so I would always prefer a German-made supplement to one made in countries like the US or China, where there’s no meaningful government oversight on supplements. (Not no oversight, just no meaningful oversight, in my opinion.) Your mileage may vary.

There was one study showing that it led to a ~50% increase in DHT, but those results were never repeated in any other study. People have been citing that one study for many years, but personally I don’t believe it affects DHT in any significant way, otherwise we’d see creatine causing guys in their teens and early 20s to go bald much faster, and we’d see major sexual benefits to creatine, which we don’t see in real life.

As far as mental or mood benefits, I don’t think it affects my mood or thinking in any way.

Creatine increases my muscle size and strength a bit, and it will absolutely increase your water retention in your muscles. So you can expect to gain several pounds of water weight once your muscles are fully saturated with creatine. It just helps me lift a little more in the gym. It could indirectly boost testosterone by helping you build more muscle in the gym due to lifting harder, but I don’t feel like it has a huge effects either way. It’s one of those things that is worth trying and incorporating into your regimine if it doesn’t give you any negative sides, but it’s not going to be a game-changer.
    Thanks for the response bro, very helpful info. I appreciate it. At the end of the day, the only reason I want to use it is to help keep my muscles full and strong which it seems great for. I guess I could try it now that my body is in a more stable state than it was last year. Any German brands you like?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response bro, very helpful info. I appreciate it. At the end of the day, the only reason I want to use it is to help keep my muscles full and strong which it seems great for. I guess I could try it now that my body is in a more stable state than it was last year. Any German brands you like?
    You’re welcome. The brand that I use is called “German Creatine” and it is made by AlzChem AG in Germany.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use it in a brand called "Concrete" which is creatine hydrochloride, not mono-hydrate. Mono-hydrate causes massive water retention plus you have to do a loading phase. Hydrochloride doesn't require a loading phase, comes in capsules and is microdosed, meaning you need much less of it as compared to traditional creatine to get the same, if not better results.

This is the best stuff I've ever used and most guys tell me the same thing when they switch: https://amzn.to/38sPr2Z
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "&tag=totmal-20"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I use it in a brand called "Concrete" which is creatine hydrochloride, not mono-hydrate. Mono-hydrate causes massive water retention plus you have to do a loading phase. Hydrochloride doesn't require a loading phase, comes in capsules and is microdosed, meaning you need much less of it as compared to traditional creatine to get the same, if not better results.

This is the best stuff I've ever used and most guys tell me the same thing when they switch: https://amzn.to/38sPr2Z

Do you still get the pumped up muscle effect without water retention? What sorts of benefits do you see out of it, strength gains?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    You’re welcome. The brand that I use is called “German Creatine” and it is made by AlzChem AG in Germany.
    Oh my bad, man. I figured you meant German creatine as a broad term meaning you prefer brands from Germany haha
    Last edited by Turnover25; 01-10-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you still get the pumped up muscle effect without water retention? What sorts of benefits do you see out of it, strength gains?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my bad, man. I figured you meant German creatine as a broad term meaning you prefer brands from Germany haha
    Yes. There is a noticeable difference in my physique when I'm on the creatine as opposed to being off it.

Strength gains and size gains. More definition. Just a better overall look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zonz View Post
    "&tag=totmal-20"
    ???
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"