User Tag List

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wez View Post
    For all the guys reading this thread that are still wondering if TRT might still be the answer for them, I thought it may be worth adding my personal experience with this.
    After years of trying many many different avenues to recover from a real bad case of PFS, I eventually threw caution to the wind and accepted doctor prescribed TRT to treat my PFS, and took it for 2 years. Although it helped considerably (in my case) with the sexual sides and some improvements in other areas, i spent the 2 years trying to convince myself it was curing me, but i still very much had PFS. I decided to stop the TRT eventually due to the inevitable onset of its own set of side effects. As soon as i did, all the perceived gains i thought i had made sexually/physically/mentally on TRT dissipated within weeks and i was right back in the darkness of PFS hell. It was then very clear that the TRT had just been masking some of the issues, it wasn't HEALING anything. and actually causing more imbalances.
    I then found this forum, and have been following the Protocol for 2 years now. Over the last 2 years I have seen marked improvements (albeit non-linear)and i believe i am well on my way to a recovery with a bit more time. At this point i have seen enough changes in myself to know not only is recovery possible through this method but likely inevitable with time & consistency.
    I will post my full story at some point, but just wanted to offer this experience here for the guys who might be considering going the hormone route.
    To those guys i would say, don't waste time like i did. Get to work on the protocol and stick at it like your life depends on it, cause it does.
    Great post!

Thanks for sharing.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Doing the protocol while using exogenous test defeats, for the most part, doing the protocol at all. One of the major reasons for doing this is to get your natural test production back online. That's not going to happen while doing TRT. If anything, it's going to hinder your progress, not push it along.
    While I understand that the protocol is designed to boost testosterone levels, I was wondering whether it would also work to make androgen receptors in the brain more sensitive?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    While I understand that the protocol is designed to boost testosterone levels, I was wondering whether it would also work to make androgen receptors in the brain more sensitive?
    It is designed to bring the male body back into homestasis on all levels. Not just boost Test. With continued perseverance and time you will eventually end up in a better state of health then before pfs.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Update: Added in Valerian Root extract and L-Taurine. Omg I love this combo. Lots of GABA and sleep like a baby.
    Great to hear it! Is the brain fog still gone, by the way?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Brain fog is a thing of the past. Just have low libido, reduced flaccid size, some ED, some emotionlessness, poor concentration, occasional headaches, and low mental energy.
    What do you mean by low mental energy?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't feel motivated to do much of anything and blah. Hard to describe or compare but the desire to do stuff just isn't there and it's like feeling under the weather but in the brain.
    It may be best to force yourself into doing things. Get a solid routine going (hitting the gym, putting extra hours in at work etc.) And then working from there. Obviously I don't know of your personal circumstances or routine, but I find these things quite helpful. Also considering implementing, or increasing, caffeine intake. I've found that to be quite beneficial.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The gym is not an option for me. The only one in my area was Gold's Gym and it closed down due to COVID. The nearest one is 30 minutes away and I don't have a license or a car to get there. Not to mention I have no job to pay for a membership. Life is on pause right now with everything going on.

Yah I'm serotonin dominant and my dopamine is low. Estradiol levels are higher than desirable (between 30-50pg/mL usually), which is why. And I'm sure they're through the roof in CSF, like the studies consistently showed. Doesn't matter what supplements I use for raising dopamine, they don't work in the brain for me. They do nothing but give me tachycardia. I'm gonna try an AI to cut down that estrogen, which would also cut down the serotonin.
    If you are currently masturbating, then cut it out completely. That should help with motivating yourself and fixing dopamine receptors.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not. Sexual activity of any kind is more of a strenuous chore now and I don't have the drive to do it. It's boring and pointless.
    Listen....I know what that feels like and I know where you're coming from. As a matter of fact most guys that end up here know that feeling. It makes life feel like it's not worth living.....at least that's what it made me feel like.

When ever you're ready to stop experimenting and getting that out of your system, you know what you have to do to fix it. You're a smart guy so I'll leave it at that.

When ever you're ready.

I may have asked before, but how old are you Joe?
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-14-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a strong suspicion it's the serotonin affecting libido and drive. I felt this same way as a teen when they put me on SSRIs and obviously there's a similar condition, PSSD, to PFS with similar methylation patterns in CSF.

I'll go all in if all else fails, for sure. I'm currently 26. I'll be 27 on the 25th.
    Okay.....when you're ready, I'm here. You're still young and you could be a brand new man before your 30th birthday....hands down.

I understand why you're doing what you're doing, because I did the same thing. But if I can stop another guy from wasting anymore time in limbo/hell, then that's what I'm going to do.

That's where I'm going to leave it.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-14-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Joe, so I've just read your thread and I must say, I feel so happy for you in terms of how much you've improved since the beginning. It is honestly an inspiration to the rest of the people here. If you can make it, they sure as shit can.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I was actually extremely shocked by the stuff you were suffering from i.e. the borderline hallucinations etc. Happy belated birthday too by the way!