User Tag List

Thread: Mold Toxicity?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mold Toxicity?

Alright so really shitty luck. Three months ago I considered myself recovered from PFS and was feeling on top of the world. Met a new girl and was planning to start a new relationship. The best I’d ever felt in life honestly.

I was moving to a new apartment and needed a new bed and a mattress. I ended up buying a used mattress (idiot move there) and continued with my life.

Well, it turns out that the mattress must’ve been from a toxic mold infested place or something. I slept on it from early June to mid July. During this time I developed symptoms such as sore throat, sneezing, internal ”vibrating” sensations, muscle twitching, grogginess and the sort.

In the last few weeks of sleeping on the mattress I developed severe symptoms including massive shortness of breath, fatigue, chills but no fever, anxiety, throat tightness, zero appetite, muscle weakness (could barely hold my phone in my hand), lump in throat feeling, etc. I thought it was COVID at the time but the test came back negative. At my worst I was super dizzy and couldn’t walk straight. I freaked out and thought I was developing MS. It felt like my legs could barely support me.

I got rid of the mattress obviously. However, it seems like I’m now massively hypersensitive to mold toxins as any time I’d handle my belongings in the apartment where the mattress was, I’d get a huge immune response. Shortness of breath, throat tightness, itching all over etc. I ended up having to replace most of my belongings as I couldn’t tolerate being around them.

Fun times. Especially at age 21. I’m currently in a hotel with new belongings and moving to a new apartment next week. I still have bad weakness, brain fog, anxiety/panic, muscle twitching, nerve soring in different parts of my body, throat tightness and shortness of breath at times. Also no appetite, nausea and fatigue. I suspect my body is now full of mold toxins.

Mold toxicity seems to be very similar to neuro Lyme which Cdsnuts had. Almost identical symptoms from what I’ve read. Both are considered a biotoxin illness.

@Cdsnuts do you have tips on how I could get better? Water fast? Juice feast? Continue on the regimen? I actually water fasted for 7 days at one point while I still had the mattress because I didn’t know it was the mattress causing the symptoms. It didn’t really seem to help, probably because I was still breathing the shit everyday. I feel like I’ve been poisoned.

Sorry for the chaotic post. The grogginess is no fun.
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 08-23-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Alright so really shitty luck. Three months ago I considered myself recovered from PFS and was feeling on top of the world. Met a new girl and was planning to start a new relationship. The best I’d ever felt in life honestly.

I was moving to a new apartment and needed a new bed and a mattress. I ended up buying a used mattress (idiot move there) and continued with my life.

Well, it turns out that the mattress must’ve been from a toxic mold infested place or something. I slept on it from early June to mid July. During this time I developed symptoms such as sore throat, sneezing, internal ”vibrating” sensations, muscle twitching, grogginess and the sort.

In the last few weeks of sleeping on the mattress I developed severe symptoms including massive shortness of breath, fatigue, chills but no fever, anxiety, throat tightness, zero appetite, muscle weakness (could barely hold my phone in my hand), lump in throat feeling, etc. I thought it was COVID at the time but the test came back negative. At my worst I was super dizzy and couldn’t walk straight. I freaked out and thought I was developing MS. It felt like my legs could barely support me.

I got rid of the mattress obviously. However, it seems like I’m now massively hypersensitive to mold toxins as any time I’d handle my belongings in the apartment where the mattress was, I’d get a huge immune response. Shortness of breath, throat tightness, itching all over etc. I ended up having to replace most of my belongings as I couldn’t tolerate being around them.

Fun times. Especially at age 21. I’m currently in a hotel with new belongings and moving to a new apartment next week. I still have bad weakness, brain fog, anxiety/panic, muscle twitching, nerve soring in different parts of my body, throat tightness and shortness of breath at times. Also no appetite, nausea and fatigue. I suspect my body is now full of mold toxins.

Mold toxicity seems to be very similar to neuro Lyme which Cdsnuts had. Almost identical symptoms from what I’ve read. Both are considered a biotoxin illness.

@Cdsnuts do you have tips on how I could get better? Water fast? Juice feast? Continue on the regimen? I actually water fasted for 7 days at one point while I still had the mattress because I didn’t know it was the mattress causing the symptoms. It didn’t really seem to help, probably because I was still breathing the shit everyday. I feel like I’ve been poisoned.

Sorry for the chaotic post. The grogginess is no fun.
    Shit luck man. Damn. Well, the good news is it's not permanent. The bad news is it set you back a bit, which after how ever many years, must feel like punch to the gut.

Breathe......Let yourself settle down a bit.

Given what you've told me, I would tend to agree with the mold theory. That shit is NASTY. And your first instinct to cleanse was correct, but the faux pa was RETOXING immediately after the fast, which isn't good. Understandable because you didn't know then. But yes, I would do a 5-7 day water fast and continue on with the protocol.

Actually, most men end up just LIVING the protocol. I probably still do half of it myself just because it became a healthy habit in my life. (The only healthy habit)

So, water fast for a week, refeed, get back up to a good baseline and see where you're at. ( You may not even need a week. If at some point during the fast you feel back to where you were, you can stop the fast)

Edit: I would also add in extra Wim Breathing to aid in detox and relieve the grogginess.....
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 08-23-2021 at 09:57 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Shit luck man. Damn. Well, the good news is it's not permanent. The bad news is it set you back a bit, which after how ever many years, must feel like punch to the gut.

Breathe......Let yourself settle down a bit.

Given what you've told me, I would tend to agree with the mold theory. That shit is NASTY. And your first instinct to cleanse was correct, but the faux pa was RETOXING immediately after the fast, which isn't good. Understandable because you didn't know then. But yes, I would do a 5-7 day water fast and continue on with the protocol.

Actually, most men end up just LIVING the protocol. I probably still do half of it myself just because it became a healthy habit in my life. (The only healthy habit)

So, water fast for a week, refeed, get back up to a good baseline and see where you're at. ( You may not even need a week. If at some point during the fast you feel back to where you were, you can stop the fast)

Edit: I would also add in extra Wim Breathing to aid in detox and relieve the grogginess.....
    Thank you. Will definitely start the fast once at my new place next week. My body’s pretty much telling me to fast anyway with the complete lack of appetite and nausea. During my 7-day water fast I felt hunger maybe once, that’s how bad off I was.

What worries me the most is the possibility that the exposure may have triggered autoimmune issues. This shit has given me neuro symptoms like facial numbness, slurred speech at times, the limb weakness, blurred vision etc. which are similar to MS symptoms. I had none of these symptoms prior to this incident. However from my research it seems like mold toxicity and Lyme can both ”mimic” MS. Do you think these issues will be reversed after the fast? I’m scared that this shit has triggered MS in me.

I know you cured your Lymes with a 14-day water fast (from your posts on PH). I know longer fasts (14-21 days) are much more effective than shorter fasts, so I was wondering if I should shoot for a longer fast instead. Obviously not recommended at home, however I had zero issues during my 7-day fast besides boredom. I just rested all day and drank spring water. Took it real easy with walking, getting up to go to the toilet etc. Did have some healing reactions which were to be expected. If not a water fast, then a long juice feast could be another option, however I honestly think the water fast was easier than the juice feast for me.

Anyway, fasting definitely seems to be necessary as my body’s basically refusing to eat. Shitty stuff.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Will definitely start the fast once at my new place next week. My body’s pretty much telling me to fast anyway with the complete lack of appetite and nausea. During my 7-day water fast I felt hunger maybe once, that’s how bad off I was.

What worries me the most is the possibility that the exposure may have triggered autoimmune issues. This shit has given me neuro symptoms like facial numbness, slurred speech at times, the limb weakness, blurred vision etc. which are similar to MS symptoms. I had none of these symptoms prior to this incident. However from my research it seems like mold toxicity and Lyme can both ”mimic” MS. Do you think these issues will be reversed after the fast? I’m scared that this shit has triggered MS in me.

I know you cured your Lymes with a 14-day water fast (from your posts on PH). I know longer fasts (14-21 days) are much more effective than shorter fasts, so I was wondering if I should shoot for a longer fast instead. Obviously not recommended at home, however I had zero issues during my 7-day fast besides boredom. I just rested all day and drank spring water. Took it real easy with walking, getting up to go to the toilet etc. Did have some healing reactions which were to be expected. If not a water fast, then a long juice feast could be another option, however I honestly think the water fast was easier than the juice feast for me.

Anyway, fasting definitely seems to be necessary as my body’s basically refusing to eat. Shitty stuff.
    I don't think you triggered MS. Fungus can be tough to kill if you don't get on it right away. What probably happened is that mattress got soaking wet somehow (like rained on) and then dried, hence triggering the mold growth. And.....not being a dick, but why the hell would you want to sleep on a used mattress? Ugh.....lol.

The symptoms WILL be reversed, it's just a matter of how long. You could clear it right up before the fast is even over or it could linger for a few minutes post fast. Either way, you gotta cleanse, so you'll have that answer soon enough.

And you're correct on the appetite. Your body is basically telling you it doesn't need anymore inputs at the moment. Now that you've fasted before, you picked it up. Most people go through their whole lives thinking they're gonna die if they miss lunch......
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 08-23-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I don't think you triggered MS. Fungus can be tough to kill if you don't get on it right away. What probably happened is that mattress got soaking wet somehow (like rained on) and then dried, hence triggering the mold growth. And.....not being a dick, but why the hell would you want to sleep on a used mattress? Ugh.....lol.

The symptoms WILL be reversed, it's just a matter of how long. You could clear it right up before the fast is even over or it could linger for a few minutes post fast. Either way, you gotta cleanse, so you'll have that answer soon enough.

And you're correct on the appetite. Your body is basically telling you it doesn't need anymore inputs at the moment. Now that you've fasted before, you picked it up. Most people go through their whole lives thinking they're gonna die if they miss lunch......
    Thanks for the advice as always.

Regarding the mattress, I needed a new one quick and wanted to save money - definitely a learning experience, not doing that again.

Hopefully the fast reverses this shit. Sucks that I’ll have to feel half comatose until next week. Gonna fast for as long as I can, was surprised at how easy water fasting actually was.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice as always.

Regarding the mattress, I needed a new one quick and wanted to save money - definitely a learning experience, not doing that again.

Hopefully the fast reverses this shit. Sucks that I’ll have to feel half comatose until next week. Gonna fast for as long as I can, was surprised at how easy water fasting actually was.
    My father said the same thing. The last water fast I did was in 2011....it was my fourth one, at True North in CA. My folks had been seeing what I was going through and all the shit I was doing and because of that period in my life, not only did I learn alot, so did the people closest to me by default. To this day my father still juices 3 times a week, gets sun and is a very active 72 year old. Runs circles around his peers. Anyway, he wanted to try and fast, so he came with me and was my bunkmate. His very first fast he did 14 days. He kept saying...."this is weird" "I'm not even hungry" "this isn't that bad at all" That man never had a down day. He obviously had a lot more reserves then me, but he would walk outside on the grounds and do laps.........after three or four days, I don't move off the couch......lol.

When fasting, you literally should do nothing. You want ALL your bodies energy to go into house cleaning mode. Especially if you don't hold alot of body fat, which I don't. My Dad had a nice big tank of fuel (Belly) so he had energy through the whole thing. I learned that the hard way, doing too much while fasting brings on more negatives then anything.

Seeing as it's been a decade or so, I could use a nice little tune up, but I just don't have the time now. Plus i'll have to rebuild everything I've been working on for the past ten years.

It's gonna have to wait until after I get my pictures taken for TMO
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 08-23-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Are your symptoms gone please? I have had the exact same thing since trying CBD ... Loss of appetite, feeling of tight throat, nausea and rare vomiting. It is very difficult for me to eat and I lost 7 kg in two months. I plan to have the juice feast from tomorrow, but that worries me a lot. I had no such issues (I have PFS all the same) before I tried CBD. thank you