User Tag List

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited my friend in NYC last weekend, and unfortunately I drank. I never got drunk, but since Monday I’ve had zero libido and feel completely asexual. (Although I had lots of libido on Saturday and Sunday.) I’ve also only been getting 15 - 30 minutes of “deep sleep” per night this week (90+ is normal,) so even when I slept 10 hours I woke up feeling exhausted. I’ve also started feeling down in the dumps lately, even though I should be happy.

I feel like my symptoms haven’t been improving the last few months, and I haven’t gained much new muscle mass. I can finally bench 135 lbs for 5 sets of 8 reps each; back in February, I struggled with 65 lbs.

I also realized I probably made a huge mistake in neglecting to train my legs as much as I should. If the hormonal benefits are proportional to the amount of muscle involved, then legs are probably the most important body part. Looks-wise, I don’t care about having big legs, and I worry about back injuries. Maybe I will start with body weight squats at home and work up from there.

I have been getting PRP hair injections for the last few months. It’s my own blood plasma, so it wouldn’t affect DHT, but I probably shouldn’t still care about my hair. I have minimal hair loss, but for some reason it bothers me.

I think I’ll feel better soon, hopefully tonight I’ll get lots of deep sleep.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s Go - My Journey to 100%

you guys need to let a brother know when your in the city mannnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I visited my friend in NYC last weekend, and unfortunately I drank. I never got drunk, but since Monday I’ve had zero libido and feel completely asexual. (Although I had lots of libido on Saturday and Sunday.) I’ve also only been getting 15 - 30 minutes of “deep sleep” per night this week (90+ is normal,) so even when I slept 10 hours I woke up feeling exhausted. I’ve also started feeling down in the dumps lately, even though I should be happy.

I feel like my symptoms haven’t been improving the last few months, and I haven’t gained much new muscle mass. I can finally bench 135 lbs for 5 sets of 8 reps each; back in February, I struggled with 65 lbs.

I also realized I probably made a huge mistake in neglecting to train my legs as much as I should. If the hormonal benefits are proportional to the amount of muscle involved, then legs are probably the most important body part. Looks-wise, I don’t care about having big legs, and I worry about back injuries. Maybe I will start with body weight squats at home and work up from there.

I have been getting PRP hair injections for the last few months. It’s my own blood plasma, so it wouldn’t affect DHT, but I probably shouldn’t still care about my hair. I have minimal hair loss, but for some reason it bothers me.

I think I’ll feel better soon, hopefully tonight I’ll get lots of deep sleep.
    Could try Zercher squats, you won't be able to lift anywhere near as much as with back squats so chance of a back injury is way lower (as long as you get your firm down) just start very light and very slowly build up, they are so tough but I enjoy them, a real full body primal movement that will get a great hormonal response. Oh and don't listen to the nonsense going around that you have to squat ass to grass, we don't all have the hip structure to safely do that without rounding the lower back, just squat to where you can keep your lower back neutral.
    For the posterior chain, you could try single leg deadlifts, hard movement but because you won't be able to lift much with it because you're focusing on balance, way less chance of injuring your back. Or Nordic leg curl, glute ham raise, sliding leg curl, tonnes of options with next to no stress on the spine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    you guys need to let a brother know when your in the city mannnnnn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m hoping to move back to NYC in the next few months, I will let you know when I’m here, it would be cool to say hi in person!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Could try Zercher squats, you won't be able to lift anywhere near as much as with back squats so chance of a back injury is way lower (as long as you get your firm down) just start very light and very slowly build up, they are so tough but I enjoy them, a real full body primal movement that will get a great hormonal response. Oh and don't listen to the nonsense going around that you have to squat ass to grass, we don't all have the hip structure to safely do that without rounding the lower back, just squat to where you can keep your lower back neutral.
    For the posterior chain, you could try single leg deadlifts, hard movement but because you won't be able to lift much with it because you're focusing on balance, way less chance of injuring your back. Or Nordic leg curl, glute ham raise, sliding leg curl, tonnes of options with next to no stress on the spine.
    Thanks for the advice; I had to look up what Zercher squats are, and it looks like it wouldn’t compress my spine so I would be good to go with that. Like you said, proper form is everything.

I also agree that you don’t have to squat all the way to the ground. I’m definitely on the short side (5’5”) so I’m not sure if that would play a role one way or the other.

And thanks for all the other spine-friendly recommendations too, this was very helpful and I will check all of that out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mono. The rapid test is only 75% accurate, so I’m getting the full lab test to confirm it.

I thought it was tonsillitis at first, but it lasted over a week and I had no appetite and not much energy (not as severe as when I have the flu, though.)

The woman I was with in September, I remember her telling me she had had mono a few months ago. I had no idea she could still be contagious, but if I have mono, that’s how I got it.

It’s extremely unpleasant. I have very little energy and it’s a chore to walk across the room. For many days, every time I swallowed my saliva, it was like a lump of concrete. For several days, I did not eat because I had no appetite. My appetite has slowly come back, and I’m having lentil soup and stuff that’s easy to eat.

Part of mono is having an enlarged spleen, and if it ruptures you can die. And even if you live, having no spleen means you will get sick much more often, for life. So I can’t take the risk of rupturing my spleen. If I have mono, that means I can’t lift until it has shrunk. (It could rupture while you’re straining during a lift.)

I’m not sure if I should continue the herbs even if I can’t lift?

I will get the official mono confirmation when I see my regular doctor. I just feel like this is a huge setback for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m almost fully recovered from my mono, but I need to give it until after Thanksgiving for my spleen to go back to normal size. My doctor wanted me to stay out of the gym until then, because I could rupture it while it’s enlarged and that would be Very Bad.

In the meantime, I’ve gotten very rigorous about avoiding all gluten, and a weird thing happened after about two weeks - the morning wood is consistently back! This is without the t-boosting herbs or working out. Wow.

I read an article on pubmet about reversible androgen resistence being caused by gluten, at least for people with celiac disease, but I suppose there’s a lesser version that affects a lot of other people. I’ll have to go without gluten until I’m fully recovered. But, it’ll be interesting to see how I do when I’m back in the gym and on the t-boosting herbs - hopefully amazing. Especially since I’ll be doing 4 workouts per week, of 15 sets / 8 reps each.

I’m not really sure if it was wise to take a break from the herbal rotation, but I figured that if I wasn’t working out then the herbs wouldn’t be worth it. Not sure if I should jump back on them in the meantime.

But anyway, going strictly gluten-free makes a significant difference. I’d like to get more consistently early sleep, and to use the Joov every day, I think that that would help.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I’m almost fully recovered from my mono, but I need to give it until after Thanksgiving for my spleen to go back to normal size. My doctor wanted me to stay out of the gym until then, because I could rupture it while it’s enlarged and that would be Very Bad.

In the meantime, I’ve gotten very rigorous about avoiding all gluten, and a weird thing happened after about two weeks - the morning wood is consistently back! This is without the t-boosting herbs or working out. Wow.

I read an article on pubmet about reversible androgen resistence being caused by gluten, at least for people with celiac disease, but I suppose there’s a lesser version that affects a lot of other people. I’ll have to go without gluten until I’m fully recovered. But, it’ll be interesting to see how I do when I’m back in the gym and on the t-boosting herbs - hopefully amazing. Especially since I’ll be doing 4 workouts per week, of 15 sets / 8 reps each.

I’m not really sure if it was wise to take a break from the herbal rotation, but I figured that if I wasn’t working out then the herbs wouldn’t be worth it. Not sure if I should jump back on them in the meantime.

But anyway, going strictly gluten-free makes a significant difference. I’d like to get more consistently early sleep, and to use the Joov every day, I think that that would help.
    Wrong on the herbs. The main reason you take them is to help with rebuilding a healthy hormone panel, working out or not. Working out simply speeds up this process but to not take them at all is doing yourself a huge disservice in the long run.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started using the herbs again every day about a month ago, per CDsnuts’s recommendation. I’ve been going to the gym 4 days per week, 15 hard sets of 8 to 12 reps, with strict form. I’ve noticed a huge positive difference in how I feel, libido, etc. I had a huge upsing for awhile, which seems to have subsided, but not completely. I may consider going to the gym 5 or even 6 days per week. If I didn’t have to have a job, I would have no problem doing two workouts per day.

Going gluten-free is an enormous difference-maker for me when it comes to morning wood. This is the first time I’ve very consistently had MW since starting this journey. It’s weird, because sometimes I’ll have a slip-up - “Oh, Starbucks’ oatmeal is probably gluten-free, right?” (no, it isn’t) and then I won’t get MW the next day. The initial “detox” from gluten took a solid 2 weeks to see any effects, but thankfully it doesn’t fully reset from just one mild accidental exposure.

Overall, I need to do a better job with my sleep, I’m averaging 5 to 6 hours per night lately and I need that to be around 8 hours per night. But I don’t feel exhausted in the morning like I used to. I also used to start feeling depressed if I had a few days in a row of 5 to 6 hours of sleep, but that’s not happening anymore (maybe due to higher hormone levels.) I still feel tired in the morning because I’m under-sleeping, but I still have morning wood ~90% of the time, and I don’t have to drag myself out of bed. I’ll do much better when I get the proper amount of sleep.

I also need to eat more. It would be okay to put on maybe 3 lbs per month (I don’t want to gain too much fat along with the muscle) because eating at maintenance level is not going to help me put on size. If I’m going to be working out, I might as well make the most of it.

The bodybuilder and fitness YouTuber Rich Piana (RIP) was a huge proponent of feeder workouts, which are daily high-volume, low weight exercises on whatever body part you want to bring up. (This is in addition to your normal workouts.) I’m thinking of doing feeders every day for my shoulders, but when I do them right before bed (as Rich recommended) it gives me insomnia. I can’t sleep right after I work out. The 7 lbs dumbbells are way too heavy for me to do 3 sets of 100 side lateral raises - I can’t even do that with no weights! So I’m going to work my way up to 100 reps with no weights, and then get 2 lbs dumbbells, etc.

I had a good job interview, and if I get the job I’ll be back in NYC, which would be amazing.

Anyway, I will check in again sometime in mid to late January.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been feeling great lately. My libido is way up (though not pre-fin,) my sensitivity and orgasm quality are way up, and I’m having somewhat consistent MW.

I’m up to about 158 lbs, and should probably start tracking my meals with MyFitnessPal so I can gain 3 lbs per month. That should boost my progress, though once I hit about 165 lbs I’m probably going to have to cut some fat.

My shoulders are getting big because 10 of my 15 shoulder sets are super-sets, but I want to make even more progress there. My jeans and pants are getting tighter as my legs continue to grow. I’m sure I’ll wear out my pants faster now, but that’s okay.

I’m thinking about adding a 5th weightlifting day to my regimen, where I would just do arms; probably skullcrushers, preacher curls, and tricep extensions. My arms are up to 14” now (flexed) up from 12” when I started, but I have not specifically trained my arms. If I could get them up to 15.25” or so by the end of the year, that would be nice. When I have 16.25” arms, I think that’ll be pretty close to my genetic maximum. For someone who is kind of short like me, 16” arms would look pretty decent.

I’ll check back in in mid to late February.