User Tag List

Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been back in the gym consistently for awhile now, maybe a month. I’ve increased my workload from 15 sets per muscle group, to 25 sets per muscle group, and I am also consistent with the sprints. My new gym is extremely nice, tons of equipment, very uncrowded; it has everything I need and it’s a 2 minute walk from my apartment.

Instead of running outside where it’s hard for me to find a great spot for sprinting, I use the stationary bikes at my gym. I increase the resistance level and then go all-out for 30 seconds, then rest for 3 minutes in between the 6 sets. I should probably increase it to 8 sets, but by the time I reach 4 or 5 I’m pretty desperate to be finished. But I think I need to increase it to 8 even if that means resting for longer in between those last two sets.

I am in the middle of a significant downswing, which is not so good. Later this month I’m going to do another prohormone cycle, since that seems to help the most (when everything else is dialed in.) In 2021 I let Covid fears derail me severely, keeping me out of the gym, and then I didn’t do home exercises. I just seem to need a gym to get good workouts.

I also have a small logbook that I’m going to use to track what lifts I’m doing and what weights, how many reps, etc so that I can make sure that I am not stagnating. I need to keep upping the intensity so that I can get through this shit and recover. I hate feeling this way.

I also seemed to have lost some of my cooking stuff when I moved, somehow, so I need to rebuy it. That will help me make some higher-protein meals and keep my calories up. I can also have spinach every night as a snack since I do like it, and it’s important to eat enough greens.

I think I need to make sure that I’m slowly gaining weight, so that with all the working out I’m doing, it will go towards muscle. It’s hard to really gain muscle when you’re not gaining weight in general. And I have always felt like adding muscle mass was somehow one of the most beneficial aspects of working out, in terms of fighting PFS.

The other big thing is that I am taking NoFap more seriously now. I actually have an app to track how long it’s been since the last fap, and then it also tracks the longest nofap streak and the total number of faps since you started tracking it. Sadly the highest streak I reached in the last 13 months was only 5 days, and it seemed like the average was 2 days. So.. that has to stop. I don’t even feel sexual pleasure from it, so there’s really no reason to keep doing it. If that means I have to sleep on the couch where I’m less tempted, okay. But it has to stop, and it has stopped. I will go past day 5 easily and keep going.

Anyway, I’m just feeling “blah.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also doing HIIT on the bike, albeit outside. Having tried the sprinting, I really feel this is the best way to go. Much easier on the joints and yes, upping the resistance (I just switch gears) realy amps up the whole workout. I do suggest getting up to 8 sprint sessions too. I feel like you get exponentially more out of each sprint session after the 3rd or 4th. 8 is probably the perfect upper limit, as I imagine doing much more than that can start to trigger the cortisol response, which will of course result in testosterone inhibition. Really loving the HIIT though. I was a little skeptical at first, but a week or so in (this was a couple of months ago), I got this major libido spike about 20 minutes after a session. I was so skeptical, in fact, that I went and did another HIIT session a couple of hours later, and noticed a similar response thereafter. I may just be getting accustomed to a recovering libido at this point, with less downswings, but I dont seem to notice these dramatic spikes anymore, just a nice euphoria.

Also, you (and many others on this forum) are right about nofap. I dont care what the biological explanation/justification/lack thereof is or has to say,but the fact of the matter is that going at least 3 days between fapping (and I definitely recommend longer) consistently results in better libido/arousal/etc.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lastnoirking87 View Post
    I'm also doing HIIT on the bike, albeit outside. Having tried the sprinting, I really feel this is the best way to go. Much easier on the joints and yes, upping the resistance (I just switch gears) realy amps up the whole workout. I do suggest getting up to 8 sprint sessions too. I feel like you get exponentially more out of each sprint session after the 3rd or 4th. 8 is probably the perfect upper limit, as I imagine doing much more than that can start to trigger the cortisol response, which will of course result in testosterone inhibition. Really loving the HIIT though. I was a little skeptical at first, but a week or so in (this was a couple of months ago), I got this major libido spike about 20 minutes after a session. I was so skeptical, in fact, that I went and did another HIIT session a couple of hours later, and noticed a similar response thereafter. I may just be getting accustomed to a recovering libido at this point, with less downswings, but I dont seem to notice these dramatic spikes anymore, just a nice euphoria.

Also, you (and many others on this forum) are right about nofap. I dont care what the biological explanation/justification/lack thereof is or has to say,but the fact of the matter is that going at least 3 days between fapping (and I definitely recommend longer) consistently results in better libido/arousal/etc.
    You are correct in your assumption that results are exponentially better from HIIT set to HIIt set, but I think the upper limit is around 6 or so. I definitely wouldn't go higher then 8 as I believe that's when the negative aspects start creeping in. This is all anecdotal and individual, but those number seem to be correct.

Stick around long enough and you'll see alot of what you believed bullshit at one point is in fact, true. Just keep doing the right thing and the right things will happen.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve started doing a prohormone cycle now with R-Andro, for either 4 or 6 weeks. I want to experience some good upswings like I had a year ago.

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us posted on how the prohormone cycle goes will you please? Appreciate all the posts and information updates you keep giving brother. It helps everyone to have as much info as possible on PFS and recovery methods.

In other news, I was reading back through your posts and I seen you were putting up questions from last year on how to deal with anxiety.
    Well the good news is that I may have a very solid answer for you on how to deal with anxiety.
    I was an EXTREME anxiety sufferer myself and it is well and truly under wraps now if not gone entirely.
    The trick i used for managing was following a breathing protocol that Andrew Huberman recommends on his podcast. It simply 2 inhales through the nose, followed by a long exhale through the mouth.
    This is called the Physiological Sigh.
    The name of the YouTube video is:

Tools for managing stress and anxiety / Huberman lab podcast #10

Tools for Managing Stress Anxiety | Huberman Lab Podcast #10 - YouTube

That's the link to his YouTube video
    I recommend listening to the whole podcast but the bit where he explains how to do the physiological sigh is at the 24 minute timestamp.
    The beauty of this is that it works in real time, its not something that needs to be done beforehand to PREVENT an anxiety attack it can be done during anxiety attack to stop it in its tracks.
    It also helps you fall asleep if you're having difficulty sleeping

Just another FYI all his videos are incredible and I think they can really help supplement CDS protocol.
    He has a lot of good info on his podcast and most of it behavioural, so they're literally actions you can take to improve yourself rather than pills or potions.

Then another thing I do is meditation via the headspace app.
    I find that if you're just beginning meditation or if you find you have A LOT of racing thoughts then it helps to have an App there to keep you on the right tracks and comfort you that you're doing it correctly.
    If you haven't tried it before i would highly recommend downloading it, trying it and keep the meditations to 5 - 10 minutes and see if you feel a difference. Any longer than 10 minutes can be difficult if you're new yo meditation but trust me even 5 minutes can be enough to feel a difference.
    I myself found the app EXTREMELY helpful for meditation and I wouldn't dream of doing it without it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But seriously can't put enough emphasis on the help of the physiological sigh.
    They were HUGE in helping me fix my anxiety.

Also just in case anybody is wondering, if you are suffering from anxiety I know people say that you need to breath and it can get a little confusing as to HOW to breath specifically to help anxiety.

Well there a few DO's and DONT's that I have learnt from experience.
    Try breathing through your nose all the time if you can. I don't care how bad your sinuses is or how many times you've broken your nose, you can still nasal breath as long as you STICK WITH IT and don't give up.
    James Nestor has a good book on this called Breath and he also was on the JRE talking about the benefits of nasal breathing

https://open.spotify.com/episode/58D...urce=copy-link

That's the link there if anyone wants to listen to it.
    The podcast is an interesting listen and his book an interesting read. Definitely recommend both.
    But to summarise, he talks about how you should:
    -breath your nose ALL THE TIME
    -breath slower

And there's other things in there too but these are 2 of the common things that you can do all day every day that help reduce that general anxiety you may be feeling all the time.

Now just to let everyone now my sinuses are AWFUL and my nose has been broken several times. I literally thought I couldn't breath through my nose.
    After forcing myself to breath through my nose I noticed that after a few weeks to a month it got WAY easier; and easier and easier until I could breath through it effortlessly. Now it's almost hard to breath through my mouth, it just feels unnatural at this point.
    If I can become a nasal breather, trust me any of you can too.
    This also means breathing through your nose at night time too BTW.
    This may mean using mouth tape to help keep your moth closed or there's also a headstrap you can buy on amazon too.
    I recommend using both until you find one that you prefer or maybe you prefer even using both together.

Snoring Chin Strap, Anti Snoring... Snoring Chin Strap, Anti Snoring Chin Strap, Anti Snore Devices, Professional Effective Anti snoring Devices, Comfortable Adjustable Stop Snoring Chin Strap for Men, Women, Kids, Black,1pc : Amazon.co.uk: Health Personal Care

That's the headstrap I use. Trust me they feel uncomfortable at the start but you really do get used to them.

Or you can just try the tape option. For a long time I used to use the proper mouth tape and then I just used literally small bits of duct tape and found it done the exact same job accept the duct tape was handier and cheaper.

But anyway that should help turn you in to a full time nasal breather.

Also what I DONT recommend doing is the Wim Hof breathing protocol.
    At least not for anxiety.
    I tried this and noticed it kept triggering anxiety attacks in me. But I wanted it to work so I kept sticking with it but there was no denying that they were exasperating the problem.
    So I stopped.
    Funny thing was about a year after I stopped doing them I seen in Andrew Huberman's video that he said he doesn't recommend them either if you are suffering from anxiety and that's when I came across the Physiological Sigh.

Now there may be a time and a place for Wim Hof breathing because it does seem to energise and motivate people but I think that may actually be more for depression, low energy, lack of motivation type people.
    I was an anxiety, high stress, constant panic type of person so I needed to be calmed down to come out of the constant Fight or Flight mode I was in so Wim Hif was the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I needed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Keep us posted on how the prohormone cycle goes will you please? Appreciate all the posts and information updates you keep giving brother. It helps everyone to have as much info as possible on PFS and recovery methods.

In other news, I was reading back through your posts and I seen you were putting up questions from last year on how to deal with anxiety.
    Well the good news is that I may have a very solid answer for you on how to deal with anxiety.
    I was an EXTREME anxiety sufferer myself and it is well and truly under wraps now if not gone entirely.
    The trick i used for managing was following a breathing protocol that Andrew Huberman recommends on his podcast. It simply 2 inhales through the nose, followed by a long exhale through the mouth.
    This is called the Physiological Sigh.
    The name of the YouTube video is:

Tools for managing stress and anxiety / Huberman lab podcast #10

Tools for Managing Stress Anxiety | Huberman Lab Podcast #10 - YouTube

That's the link to his YouTube video
    I recommend listening to the whole podcast but the bit where he explains how to do the physiological sigh is at the 24 minute timestamp.
    The beauty of this is that it works in real time, its not something that needs to be done beforehand to PREVENT an anxiety attack it can be done during anxiety attack to stop it in its tracks.
    It also helps you fall asleep if you're having difficulty sleeping

Just another FYI all his videos are incredible and I think they can really help supplement CDS protocol.
    He has a lot of good info on his podcast and most of it behavioural, so they're literally actions you can take to improve yourself rather than pills or potions.

Then another thing I do is meditation via the headspace app.
    I find that if you're just beginning meditation or if you find you have A LOT of racing thoughts then it helps to have an App there to keep you on the right tracks and comfort you that you're doing it correctly.
    If you haven't tried it before i would highly recommend downloading it, trying it and keep the meditations to 5 - 10 minutes and see if you feel a difference. Any longer than 10 minutes can be difficult if you're new yo meditation but trust me even 5 minutes can be enough to feel a difference.
    I myself found the app EXTREMELY helpful for meditation and I wouldn't dream of doing it without it
    Hey Celtic, thanks for the reply and advice! I will check out the YouTube video for sure.

I need to meditate more, for sure, and I think this breathing exercise could help me a lot when I’m battling anxiety, so thank you very much Currently I’m not having much anxiety, I’m just frustrated and trying to figure out what I’ve been doing wrong so that I can get back on track and make more progress on PFS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like something is holding back my progress in a major way, so I’m making some more changes.

Diet Stuff
    I’m avoiding rice for carb backloading, even though the TMO protocol says it’s a clean carb. I've had a bad reaction to rice noodles with gluten-free tamari in the past, every time, and I think rice noodles are super-concentrated rice. Hopefully cutting out rice will make a noticeable difference within the next two weeks; we’ll see. I’m going to have potatoes instead, so I'm getting a potato ricer to make oil-free hash browns for post-workout carbs. For some reason I just don’t like baked potatoes that much.

If I notice good results from eliminating rice, then that will be a huge win. I'm okay with eating like a dog - meaning, eating the same thing every day. I just want to feel like I have everything dialed in 100%, and I need to do whatever it takes to get there.

I’ve been having 125 calories of spinach most days, but I need to incorporate more fruit into my diet.

Workout Stuff
    I'm back on creatine (currently in the loading phase this week,) and I'm working harder than ever in the gym. This is part of why I've been feeling frustrated; my workouts are great, so things should be going better.

NoFap Stuff
    This is going to sound weird, but it is what it is. My issue with fapping is never me consciously deciding “I feel horny, let me go fap” - it hasn’t been that way since I got PFS, except for certain upswings and sometimes when I went on vacations. I think the issue was my bedding, which I always washed regularly. I never fap when I sleep on my couch, which has a quilt. The problems happen with my luxurious sheets and blanket that I’ve been using the entire time I’ve had PFS.

I put the sheets and blanket in the closet, where they’ll stay until I’m 100% recovered. I've been blaming myself for having a lack of willpower for so long, but I need to make it easier for myself - to put myself in a position where I don’t need massive willpower. I’m back at 1 day of not fapping, and I’m going to place an order for a bed-size quilt that can hopefully keep me warm.

I read some research that says that masturbation lowers the amount of androgen receptors in your brain, and that it takes 4 to 7 days for them to replenish. So maybe I wasn’t giving my receptors time to replenish - I very much wanted to, but I couldn’t manage it with that bed setup. So hopefully I can make it to at least 30 days and also start feeling some improvements along the way.

Maybe it’s not possible to recover if you’re fapping every few days. It always seemed like an insurmountable problem, but I think it was due to my setup, and hopefully this will solve that problem.

Summary
    Let’s see how things go over the next few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get there pal. Im absolutely certain about it. Trust me we have all taken dips in our recoveries or hit a roadblock. Sometimes the dip is so bad you feel like you reversed any good you've previously done.
    But you haven't.
    This is all apart of the journey.
    It would be beautiful if each day was better than the next but unfortunately that's not how this goes.
    As long as you stick to the protocol and remain diligent on all fronts, then you WILL recover. There's no 2 ways about it.
    Keep doing what you're doing, constantly look to improve, remain positive and be a tough motherfucker.
    You will put this behind you just like all the previous people who put this behind them in the past.
    Keep the head up brother 👊

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    I feel like something is holding back my progress in a major way, so I’m making some more changes.

Diet Stuff
    I’m avoiding rice for carb backloading, even though the TMO protocol says it’s a clean carb. I've had a bad reaction to rice noodles with gluten-free tamari in the past, every time, and I think rice noodles are super-concentrated rice. Hopefully cutting out rice will make a noticeable difference within the next two weeks; we’ll see. I’m going to have potatoes instead, so I'm getting a potato ricer to make oil-free hash browns for post-workout carbs. For some reason I just don’t like baked potatoes that much.

If I notice good results from eliminating rice, then that will be a huge win. I'm okay with eating like a dog - meaning, eating the same thing every day. I just want to feel like I have everything dialed in 100%, and I need to do whatever it takes to get there.

I’ve been having 125 calories of spinach most days, but I need to incorporate more fruit into my diet.

Workout Stuff
    I'm back on creatine (currently in the loading phase this week,) and I'm working harder than ever in the gym. This is part of why I've been feeling frustrated; my workouts are great, so things should be going better.

NoFap Stuff
    This is going to sound weird, but it is what it is. My issue with fapping is never me consciously deciding “I feel horny, let me go fap” - it hasn’t been that way since I got PFS, except for certain upswings and sometimes when I went on vacations. I think the issue was my bedding, which I always washed regularly. I never fap when I sleep on my couch, which has a quilt. The problems happen with my luxurious sheets and blanket that I’ve been using the entire time I’ve had PFS.

I put the sheets and blanket in the closet, where they’ll stay until I’m 100% recovered. I've been blaming myself for having a lack of willpower for so long, but I need to make it easier for myself - to put myself in a position where I don’t need massive willpower. I’m back at 1 day of not fapping, and I’m going to place an order for a bed-size quilt that can hopefully keep me warm.

I read some research that says that masturbation lowers the amount of androgen receptors in your brain, and that it takes 4 to 7 days for them to replenish. So maybe I wasn’t giving my receptors time to replenish - I very much wanted to, but I couldn’t manage it with that bed setup. So hopefully I can make it to at least 30 days and also start feeling some improvements along the way.

Maybe it’s not possible to recover if you’re fapping every few days. It always seemed like an insurmountable problem, but I think it was due to my setup, and hopefully this will solve that problem.

Summary
    Let’s see how things go over the next few weeks.
    Hey there, I'm just curious to know what your reaction to rice was precisely? Do you feel this was more of a gastrointestinal disturbance, or a psychological/hormonal disturbance?

Regarding the nofap, I recall reading something similar to what you mentioned. I believe it was a study done on an animal model that showed androgen receptors in the brain regenerated after 4-7 days of no release...its a difficult part of this protocol, at least for some of us, but I have repeatedly seen users on here doing it successfully for weeks on end prior to their recovery.