User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lifting/ HIIT rant & question

I already spoke on this in my intro, I’ll dive in deeper just to give a better perspective.. I lift 3x a week hard, & do HIIT once a week.

Before PFS I was 225 & deadlifted 700 lbs, I ate everything. All kinds of food good and bad, jars of peanut butter. I ate so much.. after the water fast & being on paleo, I’m 170-175.. while being big and strong was fun, I have a new challenge... this new challenge is being as strong as I was when I was 225 but at my current weight & diet. I have a ton of naysayers on this, it’s just fueling the iron will for me honestly. I always saw these Olympic lifters who weigh 160 & squat 600+ as the most bad ass dudes on earth..

When I get to my old numbers at this weight, that’s when I begin backloading.. this is when I start building that mass again.. so think about this, If I’m 175 pulling 700, what you think is gonna happen when I start adding mass & getting to my old weight??? What you think is gonna happen when I start adding creatine? More strength, I’ll blow my lifetime PR’s out the water cause I already hit them at 175, & we are not even done yet.. when I recover & I’m back in peak condition after blowing my records out the water & weighing 200+..then we talking ProHormones.. now it’s getting real scary. & just talking about it gets me pumped. The plan is maximizing my strength within certain limits eating wise or supplement wise, then slowly adding one little element that will give the boost, then maximizing myself on that... takes a great deal of patience, contrary to just throwing all the carbs, creatine, and prohormones in one shot.. which I’m not against, I’m just doing something different. Something harderzz I’mreally passionate about this plan. I don’t give 2 shits about my dick or libido right now to be frank with you. This is what bubbles my water..

My compound lifts are always paused, Harder variation, more nervous system/muscles firing in my opinion, which should equal more androgens.

My first lift on all 3 days is power cleans. No matter What I’m doing that day it all begins with these. it’s very high effort, requires a lot of speed and intent unlike a strength lift where the intent is there of course, but since it’s heavier weight there’s no speed factor...just a good thing to get the ball rolling..

HIIT day its a couple of 100 yd sprints, which is hard as hell sometimes to be honest.. I’ would like to work up to a point where I can literally sprint at least 2 football fields straight, maybe more. in the future I also would like to throw in heavy weighted sprints. I throw in plyometrics while at the fields.. lots of jumping type exercises..

Heavy Lifting, Power Cleans, HIIT, & Plyometrics incorporated should all work off eachother.. if your stronger, you have the potential to be more explosive in a clean, plyo, or sprint.. if you increase sprint times and jump better with plyos, your clean will be better cause it hits that same fast twitch muscle fiber system.. if your clean is better you have the potential to have a better strength lift cause you’ll have more speed behind the lift, as well as be better in the plyos and and Sprints.. everything helps everything, its all connected..it all comes back full circle to creating a beast..it’s that speed strength continuum, you gotta work both parts, they all build off eachotherIt’s all anabolic as fuck. You avoid plateaus like this as well..

.my question for CD is that does the Distance affect whether or not you will be in a catabolic State? It’s still sprints, but I want to one day be able to sprint 100% full intensity for 200 yards, 250,300? I know these goals sounds insane.. but I always saw fitness as something you can always get better in, it’s no limits.. why not be elite?

& should I also add a 2nd day of sprints?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    I already spoke on this in my intro, I’ll dive in deeper just to give a better perspective.. I lift 3x a week hard, & do HIIT once a week.

Before PFS I was 225 & deadlifted 700 lbs, I ate everything. All kinds of food good and bad, jars of peanut butter. I ate so much.. after the water fast & being on paleo, I’m 170-175.. while being big and strong was fun, I have a new challenge... this new challenge is being as strong as I was when I was 225 but at my current weight & diet. I have a ton of naysayers on this, it’s just fueling the iron will for me honestly. I always saw these Olympic lifters who weigh 160 & squat 600+ as the most bad ass dudes on earth..

When I get to my old numbers at this weight, that’s when I begin backloading.. this is when I start building that mass again.. so think about this, If I’m 175 pulling 700, what you think is gonna happen when I start adding mass & getting to my old weight??? What you think is gonna happen when I start adding creatine? More strength, I’ll blow my lifetime PR’s out the water cause I already hit them at 175, & we are not even done yet.. when I recover & I’m back in peak condition after blowing my records out the water & weighing 200+..then we talking ProHormones.. now it’s getting real scary. & just talking about it gets me pumped. The plan is maximizing my strength within certain limits eating wise or supplement wise, then slowly adding one little element that will give the boost, then maximizing myself on that... takes a great deal of patience, contrary to just throwing all the carbs, creatine, and prohormones in one shot.. which I’m not against, I’m just doing something different. Something harderzz I’mreally passionate about this plan. I don’t give 2 shits about my dick or libido right now to be frank with you. This is what bubbles my water..

My compound lifts are always paused, Harder variation, more nervous system/muscles firing in my opinion, which should equal more androgens.

My first lift on all 3 days is power cleans. No matter What I’m doing that day it all begins with these. it’s very high effort, requires a lot of speed and intent unlike a strength lift where the intent is there of course, but since it’s heavier weight there’s no speed factor...just a good thing to get the ball rolling..

HIIT day its a couple of 100 yd sprints, which is hard as hell sometimes to be honest.. I’ would like to work up to a point where I can literally sprint at least 2 football fields straight, maybe more. in the future I also would like to throw in heavy weighted sprints. I throw in plyometrics while at the fields.. lots of jumping type exercises..

Heavy Lifting, Power Cleans, HIIT, & Plyometrics incorporated should all work off eachother.. if your stronger, you have the potential to be more explosive in a clean, plyo, or sprint.. if you increase sprint times and jump better with plyos, your clean will be better cause it hits that same fast twitch muscle fiber system.. if your clean is better you have the potential to have a better strength lift cause you’ll have more speed behind the lift, as well as be better in the plyos and and Sprints.. everything helps everything, its all connected..it all comes back full circle to creating a beast..it’s that speed strength continuum, you gotta work both parts, they all build off eachotherIt’s all anabolic as fuck. You avoid plateaus like this as well..

.my question for CD is that does the Distance affect whether or not you will be in a catabolic State? It’s still sprints, but I want to one day be able to sprint 100% full intensity for 200 yards, 250,300? I know these goals sounds insane.. but I always saw fitness as something you can always get better in, it’s no limits.. why not be elite?

& should I also add a 2nd day of sprints?
    It's not so much distance as it is time.

I'm not sure at what point you cross over from anabolic to catabolic when incorporating HIIT. I'm sure there is a specific threshold. I haven't had to know this specific of a question because most people, myself included, don't have to worry about it. I only go by time under tension (so to speak) when it comes to HIIT. I personally go all out for about 30 seconds.....that is one set for me. I usually do 6-8 sets, depending on the day and how I'm feeling.

I would do HIIT twice weekly. I feel anymore then that is un-necessary and could be undermining.

If you do find the answer, please share it here.

When it comes to working out, you have the correct mindset. Everything needs to work off of each other. I have friends that keep telling me I should check out BJJ simply because of my build. I'm 6'4", 220, strong,long and lean. I have a few friends that are black belts that keep telling me I would be a killer. I'm considering it just for the cardio benefits. HIIT to me is boring. I love lifting heavy. I think BJJ would be a good way to get my HIIT in while working on flexibility and functional strength all in one activity.

I also want to incorporate yoga for flexibility. The difficult part is how to program it all so that I'm not worn out from the previous days activities AND so that I have time to do other things in my life. As you age, you'll realize that being supple is extremely important in order to stay healthy and vital well into a mature age.

I don't understand how anyone could ever be bored in life. If I was wealthy and didn't have to work so much, I would focus alot of my time on these things. BJJ, HIIT, heavy lifting, yoga, etc. Throw in surfing in the summer time and skiing in the winter time and I would stay strong and healthy all my life.

Work takes up too much of my damn time.....lol.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-14-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted to incorporate yoga as well. I always never gave a fuck about that.. until I started squatting after seeing my weight drop tremendously from fasting, my hips got looser & my squat depth is crazy now. Literally ass to grass..!, feels really good to have looser hips. I always had alright depth, but not this low. It’s also another reason why I like pausing down there, it just reinforces that mobility..

It’s essential to do that parasympathetic stuff daily, most people don’t do it, I definitively didn’t before all this, looking back I was jittery, had trouble sleeping sometimes, had moments of low libido, anxiety.. not PFS level but it was there.. that’s just from me overdoing it on the sympathetic nervous system.. alwaye always lifting heavy intense, always doing power movements, never doing anything relaxing, energy drinks, etc... That system was over stimulated...

I’m going to use Sunday’s as a whole day of parasympathetic activity & nothing sympathetic..I am doing parasympathetic stuff everyday on this protocol (mobility work, meditation, getting sun, breath work , bathmate etc) but taking one rest day to just Focus on the relaxation stuff & really overload on that side of the spectrum without lifting or HIIT would be key for the week.. that’s where I just lay out in the sun, do mobility work, yoga, do a TON of breath work like 10+ rounds..do a ton of mediation. Just pure relaxation all day.. just zen out all damn day..

Our culture has this go go to get it done tear shit up 24/7 mentality. Rest is not valued here in the states, especially New York City... eventually this leads to burnout symptoms.. people become uptight & shit, it’s very subtle but when you observe you notice that shit in NYC. Nobody here’s is nice cause of it.. everyone looks like they are in a bad mood.. & New Yorkers brag about that mentality (city that never sleeps!!) everyone is just going to their 9-5 in a constant State of stress (their shitty lifestyle stuff don’t help either)

Incorporating stuff that puts you at ease everyday as well as tearing shit up is a good balance. But that ONE day of the week where you really go in on relaxing & leave the sympathetic stuff on the side & give it a break is a huge benefit.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It's not so much distance as it is time.

I'm not sure at what point you cross over from anabolic to catabolic when incorporating HIIT. I'm sure there is a specific threshold. I haven't had to know this specific of a question because most people, myself included, don't have to worry about it. I only go by time under tension (so to speak) when it comes to HIIT. I personally go all out for about 30 seconds.....that is one set for me. I usually do 6-8 sets, depending on the day and how I'm feeling.

I would do HIIT twice weekly. I feel anymore then that is un-necessary and could be undermining.

If you do find the answer, please share it here.

When it comes to working out, you have the correct mindset. Everything needs to work off of each other. I have friends that keep telling me I should check out BJJ simply because of my build. I'm 6'4", 220, strong,long and lean. I have a few friends that are black belts that keep telling me I would be a killer. I'm considering it just for the cardio benefits. HIIT to me is boring. I love lifting heavy. I think BJJ would be a good way to get my HIIT in while working on flexibility and functional strength all in one activity.

I also want to incorporate yoga for flexibility. The difficult part is how to program it all so that I'm not worn out from the previous days activities AND so that I have time to do other things in my life. As you age, you'll realize that being supple is extremely important in order to stay healthy and vital well into a mature age.

I don't understand how anyone could ever be bored in life. If I was wealthy and didn't have to work so much, I would focus alot of my time on these things. BJJ, HIIT, heavy lifting, yoga, etc. Throw in surfing in the summer time and skiing in the winter time and I would stay strong and healthy all my life.

Work takes up too much of my damn time.....lol.
    for yoga I just a do a minimalist one. p90x has a 40 minute one and I do that double speed so 20 minute 's and imo gives 80% of all the benefits of yoga.

and ricktheruler same deal here. was and still am addicted to sympathetic state my mind always wants to gogogo and overdid stims and shit which is probably we let me be vulnerable to pfs so easily
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    for yoga I just a do a minimalist one. p90x has a 40 minute one and I do that double speed so 20 minute 's and imo gives 80% of all the benefits of yoga.

and ricktheruler same deal here. was and still am addicted to sympathetic state my mind always wants to gogogo and overdid stims and shit which is probably we let me be vulnerable to pfs so easily
    I don't think honestly that over doing the stims did anything to further along your PFS. Based on who you are genetically, you would have gotten it regardless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I don't think honestly that over doing the stims did anything to further along your PFS. Based on who you are genetically, you would have gotten it regardless.

You think its just genetic?

I fell like someone in perfect health before hand has very low likelyhood of developing symptoms.

I know someone that took fin in the late 90's for a few years, quit without symptoms, but crashed recently after starting it again with pre exhisting health issues.
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    You think its just genetic?

I fell like someone in perfect health before hand has very low likelyhood of developing symptoms.

I know someone that took fin in the late 90's for a few years, quit without symptoms, but crashed recently after starting it again with pre exhisting health issues.
    I do. After speaking with so many people and hearing so many stories that's the only thing that makes sense. I would say that if this person you're speaking of even though they stopped and started if they would have just stayed on, they would have ended up getting side effects.

Then you have the people that take it for their whole lives and don't have any issues whatsoever, which is the majority of people by the way. Most of the people that take it I would say, are not in perfect health and they still take it with no issues. If the majority of people that took it we're getting issues it would be more of a known thing. That is obviously not the case.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CD is my age any factor in this? & I mean a negative factor.:Cause honestly I’ve heard of zero recovery’s from the late teens/early 20’s age bracket.. are people who take it & crash at 18-23 ish more fucked? It seems that way at times . I understand, my sides are not unique to me.. + win hof puts me at ease.. that’s something that’s been crossing my mind though.. it lingers from the PropeciHelp horror days. The people who dealt with PFS for a verrrrry long time took it that young..

Obviously a 15 year old should not touch the shit, but I still think you are developing even at my age..

On the flip side I get that probably most guys in that age bracket are too immature & are most likely being irrational searching for quick fixes & obviously have a bad diet & deff can’t give up booze, drugs..

I’m thinking that at my age I’m still “growing”, so crashing at this stage is worse than a late 20s & up guy.. that I could have messed something up for good..
    Crazy thing is that I was at the balding stage that was ONLY noticable to me, very very very beginning.. a stranger would not even tell, they’d say I have a full head of hair.. i still had a hairline & everything but my thought process was catching baldness at ridiculously early stages before it even got noticeable.. I did have an itch and the top of my head.. still do a bit at times..

But my age is my concern here. Clear that up for me.

I think I’d be one of the youngest guys to recover if I do.

All in all ; does someone’s Age at time of crash play a role?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    CD is my age any factor in this? & I mean a negative factor.:Cause honestly I’ve heard of zero recovery’s from the late teens/early 20’s age bracket.. are people who take it & crash at 18-23 ish more fucked? It seems that way at times . I understand, my sides are not unique to me.. + win hof puts me at ease.. that’s something that’s been crossing my mind though.. it lingers from the PropeciHelp horror days. The people who dealt with PFS for a verrrrry long time took it that young..

Obviously a 15 year old should not touch the shit, but I still think you are developing even at my age..

On the flip side I get that probably most guys in that age bracket are too immature & are most likely being irrational searching for quick fixes & obviously have a bad diet & deff can’t give up booze, drugs..

I’m thinking that at my age I’m still “growing”, so crashing at this stage is worse than a late 20s & up guy.. that I could have messed something up for good..
    Crazy thing is that I was at the balding stage that was ONLY noticable to me, very very very beginning.. a stranger would not even tell, they’d say I have a full head of hair.. i still had a hairline & everything but my thought process was catching baldness at ridiculously early stages before it even got noticeable.. I did have an itch and the top of my head.. still do a bit at times..

But my age is my concern here. Clear that up for me.

I think I’d be one of the youngest guys to recover if I do.

All in all ; does someone’s Age at time of crash play a role?
    No. And you need to stop thinking of other reasons why the protocol won't work for you.

If anything given your age you would bounce back quicker. You have youth on your side.

Got to get your head in the game man

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright man.. & yes trying breaking through that analytical mind is big..

Slowly breaking through the mold. The stage where you crash & have crippling anxiety/panic attacks, scrolling through the cesspool of negativity is what traumatizes guys. Those images reading the horror stories sticks to them more than positive ones.. & this for me only lasted a week, I fell into it a few times fasting.. that’s the images that needs to Be released..

The Breath work in the morning is HUGE when done properly. I was so productive at work, so much that I had to listen to a few of his interviews.. he’s big on changing the autonomic nervous system..

When this happened even my bowel movements changed for the better a bit, at times it felt like the food would go right through me quickly like some sort of malabsorption.. .. now it’s further apart al cause being more at ease & im that alkaline state.

The mind man. So Powerful