User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Road to Recovery

Currently finishing up day 12 of 14 of my 14 day water fast and will continue to follow CDnuts protocol after the water fast and refeedimg process is over. Will continue to post and update throughout my journey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering how important the diet is and if people have noticed setbacks by not eating right or drinking for a day or 2. Can anyone tell me their experiences with this?

My 20th birthday is coming up in the beginning of March and I planned on getting drunk on my birthday before I go to the bruins game. Will also probably use this day as a cheat day to eat some of my favorite foods that paleo doesn’t allow. Please let me know if you have had cheat days of improper eating or drinking alcohol and how this has effected you or set you back because I may change my mind but I’d sure as hell like to get drunk for the game and have a blast on my birthday. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowsa View Post
    Was wondering how important the diet is and if people have noticed setbacks by not eating right or drinking for a day or 2. Can anyone tell me their experiences with this?

My 20th birthday is coming up in the beginning of March and I planned on getting drunk on my birthday before I go to the bruins game. Will also probably use this day as a cheat day to eat some of my favorite foods that paleo doesn’t allow. Please let me know if you have had cheat days of improper eating or drinking alcohol and how this has effected you or set you back because I may change my mind but I’d sure as hell like to get drunk for the game and have a blast on my birthday. Let me know your thoughts, thanks.
    The diet is absolutely crucial and drinking is a huge set back. In the beginning I decided to cheat and always ended up with worse symptoms and regretted it. Eventually you get to a point where you don’t need to indulge to have fun. I would focus on recovery first and once you’re in the clear you can cheat as much as you want once you’re back to normal. Especially being so young, you’ll thank yourself in the future.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I constantly set myself back by getting inebriated....constantly. What can I say....I like to party. It was the hardest thing to give up. But I finally got to the point where it just wasn't worth it anymore. That's when things really took off with my recovery. For the most part, the drinking will set you back everytime.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response guys. I have a couple of other questions. I can’t really afford to buy all the 20 or so supplements so I plan on buying 12-15 of them. If I could pick 15 out of the 20 or so what would you guys recommend I must include?

Also, CDnuts said he loved cheese and continued to eat it. I know this is not true paleo but I am also a cheese lover myself. CDnuts I was wondering what cheeses you ate and if you excluded like store bought American cheese or anything like that? Also was cheese the only form of dairy you ate or did you have milk ever?

Lastly, did you eat French fries or white potatoes? People seem to be debating whether white potatoes are paleo or not. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was drinking too much last semester and it set me back big time, basically to the point where it felt like i crashed again, and right now i'm still trying to pull myself out of that. do yourself a huge favor and wait til you're fully recovered man. it'll happen and you'll still be able to enjoy those things in the future.

as far as cheat days go, you wanna be on top of that shit at the beginning and after that i'd say once every blue moon its okay. but don't make a habit of it, internalize the program and keep doing what you should be doing. the more you make the right decisions, the faster it'll all move and the more you'll be thanking yourself later.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response guys. I have a couple of other questions. I can’t really afford to buy all the 20 or so supplements so I plan on buying 12-15 of them. If I could pick 15 out of the 20 or so what would you guys recommend I must include?

Also, CDnuts said he loved cheese and continued to eat it. I know this is not true paleo but I am also a cheese lover myself. CDnuts I was wondering what cheeses you ate and if you excluded like store bought American cheese or anything like that? Also was cheese the only form of dairy you ate or did you have milk ever?

Lastly, did you eat French fries or white potatoes? People seem to be debating whether white potatoes are paleo or not. Thanks.
    I ate whatever cheese I wanted. And yes, that included American. Aside from that, I would eat sour cream and when backloading, ice cream. But no, I never drank milk. I know this is a ridiculous train of thought, but something about it just grosses me out....it all started when I visited a dairy farm. I think milk is vile. But you concentrate that vile milk into cheese, and I'm all about it....lol.

Hell yeah I ate french fries. And there is nothing wrong with white potatoes. Great for back loading.

As a side note, I wouldn't say that the diet here is full paleo, but for the most part it's close enough to be considered a modified paleo diet.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Officially starting paleo diet today as I have finished my stay at true north health center after a two week water fast and 7 day refeeding. Have a couple of questions. Should I start herb rotation right away or wait until my diet and exercise is on point for a couple of weeks first??? Also having trouble getting in the 3000 calories I need for muscle building? Is white rice or quinoa okay?

Thanks everyone let me know if you have any insight.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not eating any dairy so getting more calories is harder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdsnuts do I wait until diet and exercise is in place for a couple weeks before starting herb cycling?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdsnuts do I wait until diet and exercise is in place for a couple weeks before starting herb cycling?
    Personally I waited 3 months after my water fast to start the herbs. It took a lot of discipline and progress was slow, but I am happy that I did it this way since I feel I am getting the most benefit out of the herbs now. Everything is ramping up now that I started them a month ago. Others don't wait this long though, I believe. Up to you I guess.