User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so yesterday I began my second cycle. 400mg/day for 6-8 weeks. Will carb backload every night (even on non training days) and drink a lot of coconut water to ensure that I have enough potassium

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are going pretty well with this cycle. Had some increased anxiety for the first few days like last time but nothing major. Most noticeably, my brain fog has lifted almost completely the last two days. I had already forgotten that this is how I'm actually supposed to feel like. Feels phenomenal. While I'm sure the fog might come back again during a downswing, this is the first time it has completely lifted in the nine or so months of dealing with PFS.

Also have massive scalp itch at times (feels like my scalp is on fire), increased pumps and more strength in the gym. No aggression or notable sexual benefits yet.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I've been wondering for a while now:

What's a good time to start backloading? I usually start eating carbs at around 5.30 PM. Is that fine or should I wait until later in the night?

My OCDness with recovery is crazy, even the thought that I could be eating carbs "too early" gives me anxiety

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think CDs recommendation is that you backload only in the evening - ie after 7 / your dinner meal

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    I think CDs recommendation is that you backload only in the evening - ie after 7 / your dinner meal
    Dang, I swear I've seen him say either on here or on PH that starting at 5 or 6 pm would be fine. I'll probably start backloading a bit later in the evening then. Would love to hear his opinion though.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started no later than 6pm each day that I backloaded.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Maxout.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    I know we try not to talk about symptoms often to avoid negativity, but do others with pfs have this almost constant feeling of living inside your own head and fighting minute by minute to stay sane and in the present moment? The breathing and cold showers help but only for a while. Some of the mental symptoms feel completely unique to me, but CD said in an old post that it's normal for pfs guys to feel that way.
    I struggle with this a lot, among many things.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cortisol drops the longer you're awake. And we don't want to eat when cortisol is high. So the later we eat and spike our insulin. the lower our cortisol will be, the better.
    I'd make it dependent on when you go to bed with the carb backloading. Would try to not eat like 4h before going to bed(brainhealth reasons).

Short and simple, high cortisol(high lipolysis) = high fatburning , so long food not available, high concentration of your fat gets burned
    High cortisol + high insulin = your food you take in gets used suddenly into high fatstorage
    That's the really short version, there's tons of other things going on with oxidative stress, fixing and balancing cortisol levels and other weird shiet when eating high carb during specific times.

The mainfocus should be probably to not eat pre 1pm, from then on cortisol is already significantly lower compared to all the hours earlier. But keeps steadily dropping till like 3am.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything's still going well. My zest for life is pretty much back in full force, and it feels great after not having that for almost a year. Been feeling almost euphoric the last few days, my brain's probably been starved of some chemicals for ages that it is now receiving again. Hopefully this is a new baseline.

Also, I tried to help out a guy on PH by giving him a link to my thread here to see the progress I'm making, and a moderator ended up editing my post to remove the link I gave. Also, another user was PMing me threatening to DDoS this site because according to him, everyone here, including myself are just alternate accounts of CDnuts, trying to scam people. The bitterness on that site is just insane. I wish there was a way to help out the new guys there who believe all that bullshit. Oh well, the recovery section here and people's improvements speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    I struggle with this a lot, among many things.
    I noticed a big improvement in that symptom after my first cycle. Just keep on the protocol man