Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
Ya, ours guys may be acting like barbarians, not sure that its a large portion, but you know the saying, "when in Rome act as Romans."
Defining what constitutes barbarism ought to be done relative to the level of civility within a given society and I'm willing to bet that whatever our guys can dream up is a walk in the park compared to the Taliban boys. No good can come of that region and I say it's just time to bring our guys home.

I agree, the troops shouldn't be there. They shouldn't have been there as a matter of fact. If the mission was to eliminate the Al Qaeda heads, what's wrong with good ole' assassination jobs like cold war-era?

Now, the US military went with the alleged intention of ending barbarianism and bringing democracy. And a somewhat objective view as what constitutes barbarianism could be violating international war conduct and boy oh boy, that's been violated.

now, don't get me wrong, i think the taliban is an international criminal organization that should be dealt with accordingly. what surprises me is that a civilized nation would have troops acting a bit like said criminal organization.

the fact that we hate holmes and think he deserves to die but have no idea who Robert Bales is tells me most of the american public finds this excusable.