User Tag List

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    nice, how much training is overreaching? though im sure your total pounds moved per session per unit distance is likely much higher than mine (havent counted) it seems i do perform a shit ton more reps...

i usually lift for 90-100 minutes 5 days a week.
    same, im near 1hr half......on many days, and i just do one bodypart, (last night chest was a good 1hr15, 6 exercises)
    conversely i may get out in under an hour.......no set time, just how i feel and what work has to be done

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    nice, how much training is overreaching? though im sure your total pounds moved per session per unit distance is likely much higher than mine (havent counted) it seems i do perform a shit ton more reps...

i usually lift for 90-100 minutes 5 days a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    same, im near 1hr half......on many days, and i just do one bodypart, (last night chest was a good 1hr15, 6 exercises)
    conversely i may get out in under an hour.......no set time, just how i feel and what work has to be done
    I always found the cortisol argument interesting, but never compelling enough to change my training. It's typical for me to train 90 minutes to two hours on 2 or 3 bodyparts, not including any cardio.

Anyone ever pay attention to how the top BBers from the 70s trained? Arnold would spend 3 or 4 hours a day in the gym. He never struck me as someone who suffered from cortisol overload. Granted, he was anabolically assisted. But these days, so are we with our intra workout proteins, creatine, and other helpful compounds. And that's when we aren't on a PH or AAS cycle.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehighguy View Post
    That seems like a ton of time in the gym.
    Well... How much time do you spend and what do you look like?

I lift heavy usually for only about half the time i spend in the gym. The rest is some low joint stress higher rep and usually slower tempo, trying to cultivate a massive pump. I also notice my cardio is working a lot harder in the second half of a session, like I'm almost lazy for the first 15-30 min but the end of a workout for me is always super intense even though its during those first 15-30 I would set PRs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    I always found the cortisol argument interesting, but never compelling enough to change my training. It's typical for me to train 90 minutes to two hours on 2 or 3 bodyparts, not including any cardio.

Anyone ever pay attention to how the top BBers from the 70s trained? Arnold would spend 3 or 4 hours a day in the gym. He never struck me as someone who suffered from cortisol overload. Granted, he was anabolically assisted. But these days, so are we with our intra workout proteins, creatine, and other helpful compounds. And that's when we aren't on a PH or AAS cycle.

^^^this! Every time I go long I think of pumping iron and how he repeats many times how many hours he spent in the gym.