Quote Originally Posted by 5 alpha victim View Post
I am taking what English said about the mental part very seriously.

But I am also picking up on number 10 as well. What he's saying about eating health is obviously really important. What's catching my eye the most is the avoiding sugars. At this time we have a guy who put a puzzle together to show cutting out sugar specifically can be found in almost every recovery story from this issue. It's becoming more clear now as to how much our guts come into play as well as our minds.

It's becoming clear that low or altered hormones have very little to do with long term symptoms associated with DHT inhibitors

Awesome post English. What I got the most from this is its a mental plus diet (gut) issue we are talking about here. Our Hormones are fine once a few months goes by as far as their ratios are concerned but they are not working in the long term because of our minds plus our inbalenced guts.

Fix the mind and the gut fix this issue.

Screw a raw diet or paleo, I think the way to go is a organic meat plus organic veggies diet ONLY. It's hard as fuck but I'm doing it. Period
5 alpha you are doing the thing i predicted and looking for one key element. You shouldn't take one or two key elements from it, because the fix is holistic, boring as it sounds. The gut is of course incredibly important, but it's impossible to have a healthy gut without a healthy mind and body, achieved via all the elements listed. Like CD said, the diet i suggest is virtually paleo. I have cut out gluten mostly from my diet too so it is pretty close, but you don't need to dwell on diet or any singular point, just create your own plan and ensure your diet is a healthy one, which should always mean fruit, veg, meat. With your meat ideally from proven sources and grass fed beef etc. and your veg organic if possible. Consume high quality saturated fat and if you can't bring yourself to remove bread completely then try to restrict it to the evenings with or after your main meal and eat bread made from the grains of old like spelt or sorghum. The key thing is to remove pesticides, simple processed sugars, processed foods and non complex carbohydrates from your diet as much as possible without being mental over it. Eat fruit but maybe avoid the very sweet ones, so berries are often good to eat.
Lowish fibre, high saturated fat, high protein, complex carbs result in high sex hormones, but only when coupled with exercise (not too much) and a healthy relaxed mind that 99% of the time is locked on a present task that you like and want to do/finish, looking forward to something, or replaying a happy event where you achieved something or made someone laugh or whatever.
You could have a semi healthy diet and still recover in quick time if you replaced your worried mind with 100% of the thoughts you had before you ever took fin, but that is not possible overnight, so work on the mind day by day, and start forgetting all this talk about illness, just get on with your life in a constant and consistently healthy way, day after day. Once you get your plan together, stick to it and do not veer off course. Don't come back to forums or start researching for other ideas, just commit to a healthy hollistic way of life and believe me, you will end up with a healthy gut too!!
Look at what Chi did - he covered all his mirrors up because he had developed a self image complex. He broke the mental ticks and along with a seriously busy recovery plan -similar to CD and myself, he moved his thoughts to nothing but positive thoughts of recovery or other daily life stuff. He moved his mind from obsessive negative patterns to positive go getter stuff.
So if anything is key, the mind is, but you can't heal your mind without a great deal of work, patience and time away from the written word and all other reminders of illness. The book i suggest will set you down the right path mentally, and then you can select other tools such as holosync to help you achieve the mental states the book explains and evidences as the states of recovery. ORDER THE BOOK NOW.

I only popped back to see if someone had posted my recovery story on PH - can you or someone else do that please?

I'll be back here in a few months and wish you and any others trying to heal from whatever all the very best.