Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianguy View Post
I’m not recovered but I think he should start taking antidepressants if the situation is unbearable. If tribulus didn’t work well for him, he should try other brands or other herbs. I don’t know if it’s a good idea taking too many vitamins, I got bad reactions from vitamin D and omega 3. So maybe less is more.

I also think too many exercises can be bad if he has adrenal/cortisol problems. A lot of guys in the early stages has suicidal thoughts and depression, it’s neurotransmitter thing that will subside when he starts to improve, it’s actually the first thing to recover (depression) so he needs to understand that this is beateble and read recoveries to see that it’s possible. That’s what I did when I was at my worst.
I wouldn’t be quick to jump on antidepressants. Most of them, especially SSRIs, are known to reduce libido and cause other sexual side effects. They also tend to increase the risk of suicide, and many have “black box” warnings to that effect.

Treat the cause, not the symptom. The program outlined by CDnuts has had a lot of success for many men, however, you have to be dedicated or it won’t work. Most men are too lazy to do it.

Exercise is shown to reduce depression more than antidepressants, without any negative side effects, so I think that that is important to start. Yes, it will be unpleasant to force oneself to exercise when one is depressed, but over time, it helps. Meditating is also very helpful, as is eating healthier.

But overall, I’d just recommend the CDnuts protocol, and do not fall into the trap of trying random medications that random people on other message boards recommend.