Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
You don't lose muscle during prolonged fasts. Otherwise we would die out as species xd Your metabolism actually goes up at days 3-5 days and probably starts slowing down after 2weeks or so. It does slow down tho pretty fast when we starve, aka eating below 1500kcal a day which is very different from fasting
Not much sense to be all weak and without muscles trying to find food lel. That's why people feel better than ever after 3-4days of fasting.
That's why the average person is skinnyfat, much food, not much fasting, even less movement^^. Dr Berry made a nice point that fasting + keto = autophagy, would probably fix wrinkles at a pace of 1% every 3 months. I find that actually pretty aspiring and that's where I wanna get to with a healthy omnivore diet + 2-3 prolonged fasts a year
Yeah I know I should have said losing size rather than muscle. I think it's after fat stores are completely depleted which is a long time for most before the body will go into starvation mode and start cannibalising on itself by eating through the muscle tissue. If I really wanted to I could do the 3-5 days water, but I need to be strong at this time got important assessments I need to be working on that I need energy for.

I don't know I'll see how feel in the morning and if I can bare another day or 2 but right now all I can think about is what I'm gonna eat for breakfast lol